Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! (1637 Views)

Share Here Your Memorable Helping Moment In 2015 / Happy 1st Birthday, My Precious Daughter Michelle Ife Morire Independence / Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by firestar(f): 11:45am On Oct 10, 2008
This memory brings a smile to my lips:

My little cousin 'Bee-Bee' with large almond eyes, dimpled cheeks and with unbelievable energy.

Not talk of never- ending questions! Try as I might, I could never answer them all at once - with her bouncing on my knees!!
''Aunty, where are you going? Can I come? Would you buy sweet for me?''

Come to think of it, I kind of miss her. *Grins*
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2008
making up crazy sounding words for everyday things tongue tongue
making up code names for people grin grin
confusing friends with our very similar voices cool cool
playing zuma (both my parents love to play zuma!) cheesy cheesy

i've got friends whose 2 1/2 yr old girl could gargle very well, and has the cutest, stubbornest 'no!' i ever heard. she's also a notorious bully!
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by iice(f): 4:22am On Oct 13, 2008
The exploring trips we always went on, begin the day disappearing from home and come back home to beatings for making our parents (esp momsi) worry grin
The games we played that didn't register in our innocent minds that they were bloody dangerous cheesy
The picnics we had, climbing up the rocks playing indians and cowboys grin grin
Wearing pant/socks and towel tied on the neck and feeling like WWE superstars grin grin
How we tried imitating superman, climbing high and jumping expecting to fly but ended up breaking and spraining things grin grin We also imitated spiderman, climbing the hallways and outside of our house, then jumping from one building to the next grin grin
Riding the bike all day, around town till our butts were sore cheesy. Trying some stunts on the bike and yes breaking and spraining things. Which usually ends with our parents beating and giving us 'the talk' grin grin

Have alot of mad memories made with my brothers kiss kiss kiss grin
We mostly had adventures growing up.
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by firestar(f): 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2008
Lovely! Keep them coming!

Pillow and sock fights on restless nights. . .

I would play detective in school: lining my waterbottle's outter rim with pepper so I'll know who stole a drink *laughs wickedly* and sip using a straw. tongue tongue grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by SeanT21(f): 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2008
Joking aroun with one anoher until the other person cries.
Playing with water gun in Liberia with friends until their dad comming home and we run and hide.
Stealing Byicles from The White People house on ELWA beach.
Going to the well to draw water while speeding with the wheelbarrow.
Fighting over the computer when we first got it.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2008
confusing people about my relationship with my siblings e.g my elder sister is a far removed cousin today, my twin tomorrow, and the housegirl the next day; asking who they think is older between me and my eldest and laughing when they usually fail (they think i'm older than my eldest sis).
claiming we come from calabar.
pretending not to understand igbo, especially when shopping (trust me, u get to find out their cost price when they think u don't understand) cheesy cheesy cheesy
if a guy was bugging one of us girls, we'd give my bro the phone to answer the next call and introduce himself as our hubby or bf, or someone else would pick and tell him to shove off.

most importantly, when someone's been flashing one of us silly, we combine phones and flash them to death!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by iice(f): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2008
My bros coming to visit me in boarding school bringing me goodies kiss kiss kiss All the babes used to trip for them, i go laff them tire grin grin grin
Going on vacations with my bros, especially living on the beach kiss kiss
Racing with my bros through the streets of Abuja early in the morning or late at night, depending on how you want to view it grin grin
Having the same 'burning' experience on bikes with them cheesy grin cheesy
Playing Sega and SNES for days on end, one taking up where the other left.
We still do that till now grin grin grin
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by Cayon(f): 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2008
i remember the very first time my dad taught me how to shoot, handle and clean a gun back in Peter Island.  i remember him saying "hold it tight against your shoulder so it doesn't kick you." It was after the gun hit me on the chin I understood what "kick" mean.  I think we would have made a great crime solving team.  Me with my gun and he with his gun and machette grin grin grin. HAHAHAHA Make me want to listen his favorite song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ODwq7jm3E
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by firestar(f): 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2008
grin

I remember making my very own insect: brown cellotape, polythene and broomsticks . . . heh heh heh Placing the model in front of the door to see who'll step on it (the look on my bro's face-- priceless.)
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by firestar(f): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2011
Re-awakened.
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by wendycog: 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2011
I loved birthdays in my house. Eeveryone got up before the birthday boy/girl and then woke them up singing 'happy birthday to you' and bearing gifts/cards. Even when you woke up first on your birthday, you pretended to be asleep so the whole family could surprise you smiley.

1 Like

Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by firestar(f): 11:08pm On Jan 30, 2013
My mom reading a story to my ears....
Till today I still remember the Title:

Israel's Last King....
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by DaDewdropsNVS: 4:27am On Feb 01, 2013
The moonlight dances with my mom!
Oh dia!!! Fun memories.
All the folklore songs she taught us. kiss

We held on to each other's waists like a choo-choo train while singing and dancing all over the compound. kiss

I still remember some of those songs. cool I sing 'em to my daughters too. cool

"Jimonika Jimonika River" was one of 'em! cool

1 Like

Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by OmolodMilkman93(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2013
firestar: My mom reading a story to my ears....
Till today I still remember the Title:

Israel's Last King....
Isreal's Last Good King?
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by firestar(f): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: Isreal's Last Good King?
smiley
Re: Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! by OmolodMilkman93(m): 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
firestar:
smiley
JW, rite?

(1) (Reply)

Is It wrong to correct ones parent / Gay Nigerian, Chika Nwafor Visits Nigeria With German Husband / Six Reasons Why Demanding Obedience From A Child Is Damaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.