Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) (1518 Views)

BETA Version Of Our Web App, Please Test, Review And Comment / Google Nose BETA : Smell Anything From Your Computer And Phones! / Press Release: Advertfarm Launches Beta Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 16, 2014
Hello NL programmers, I and my team have been working on a school management project. We just released a beta version for the admin backend. Please help me review the app and tell me your observations and reservations.
God bless

www.unify.com.ng/demo.php
username:admin1
password:admin1

Edited. The app runs of bootstrap html/css framework developed by twitter. Credit goes to smart admin for the interface.

I have also attached a screen shoot of what our mobile app looks like. The mobile is limited to users only ie admin does not have a mobile app yet. Thanks

Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Capnd143(m): 7:39am On Jul 16, 2014
9japipper: Hello NL programmers, I and my team have been working on a school management project. We just released a beta version for the admin backend. Please help me review the app and tell me your observations and reservations.
God bless

www.unify.com.ng/beta
username:admin1
password:admin1
site is not mobile compatible, keeps displaying 17%, 22% in the loading.php page in some mobile browsers
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 16, 2014
Capnd143: site is not mobile compatible, keeps displaying 17%, 22% in the loading.php page in some mobile browsers
it is mobile compatible but its just preferable you use a pc cus it gets to load so much to your browser. We have plans of making mobile specific version
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Capnd143(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2014
9japipper: it is mobile compatible but its just preferable you use a pc cus it gets to load so much to your browser. We have plans of making mobile specific version
belive me, if at all you have such plans it should be very high in the "to-do-list" considering most nigerians prefer to surf the net and use web services on mobile due to data constraints and sundry limitations
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 16, 2014
Capnd143: belive me, if at all you have such plans it should be very high in the "to-do-list" considering most nigerians prefer to surf the net and use web services on mobile due to data constraints and sundry limitations
Thank u bro
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 16, 2014
Please am still waiting for your reviews. Help pls
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 16, 2014
Great job. Its encouraging to see works like this. God blesss u.
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 16, 2014
kaydguru: Great job. Its encouraging to see works like this. God blesss u.
thank you bro. I would really appreciate if you can point out some possible flaws on the app. God bless you
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2014
The interface is simple and compact which is very good. I think testing for bugs should be me more important at this stage.
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 16, 2014
kaydguru: The interface is simple and compact which is very good. I think testing for bugs should be me more important at this stage.
Thank you
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by DualCore1: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
I think it would be nice to give credit to the designer(s) of the admin interface (https://wrapbootstrap.com/theme/smartadmin-responsive-webapp-WB0573SK0), so you can have people here focus their reviews on the functionality of the application which you have said you have developed with your team.

You and your team have done some hardwork in setting up a functional system of this nature. I hope you get reviews to push your work even further.
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
DualCore1: I think it would be nice to give credit to the designer(s) of the admin interface (https://wrapbootstrap.com/theme/smartadmin-responsive-webapp-WB0573SK0), so you can have people here focus their reviews on the functionality of the application which you have said you have developed with your team.

You and your team have done some hardwork in setting up a functional system of this nature. I hope you get reviews to push your work even further.
thank you for your honest review. Concerning the interface, its a bootstrap based system that is available online and its basically open source. Credit goes to bootstrap and ofcus smart admin for the interface.
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by curiouslad(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
1. The dashboard link remains highlighted even when i am on different page sad
2. The logout button at the top-right should be replaced by text. I mistakenly clicked it trying to complete the search angry
3. What exactly is page_loading.php doing? It seems to be firing multiple POST requests to some module/setting only?
4. The javascript alerts are annoying. Can a library like toastr or growl

Good Work
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
curiouslad: 1. The dashboard link remains highlighted even when i am on different page sad
2. The logout button at the top-right should be replaced by text. I mistakenly clicked it trying to complete the search angry
3. What exactly is page_loading.php doing? It seems to be firing multiple POST requests to some module/setting only?
4. The javascript alerts are annoying. Can a library like toastr or growl

Thank you for your observations. We would log them into out todo list

Good Work

Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. We have taken note of all your concerns
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by BetaQuick: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
9japipper: Thank you for your review. We have taken note of all your concerns

I think they are actually *YOUR* concerns
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
BetaQuick:

I think they are actually *YOUR* concerns
Ok . Thank u bro
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by curiouslad(m): 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
9japipper:
Ok . Thank u bro

One more thing.
How do you manage students moving from class to class
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by dignityonly: 12:00am On Jul 20, 2014
DualCore1: I think it would be nice to give credit to the designer(s) of the admin interface (https://wrapbootstrap.com/theme/smartadmin-responsive-webapp-WB0573SK0), so you can have people here focus their reviews on the functionality of the application which you have said you have developed with your team.

I have wonder how you always talk as a person, why should the op give credit to the designer? a template he paid for.

You always preach your time is precious but you've got time to dig the op source of template #hypocrite

You don't have to show this I know it all attitude. smh.

1 Like

Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
thank you for your observation about moving students from one class to another. We have added that to our log.
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by DualCore1: 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
dignityonly:

I have wonder how you always talk as a person, why should the op give credit to the designer? a template he paid for.

You always preach your time is precious but you've got time to dig the op source of template #hypocrite

You don't have to show this I know it all attitude. smh.
You're troubled. Free yourself and fly high.
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by dignityonly: 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
DualCore1:

You seriously need to Free yourself from people's troubles. #hypocrite
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
guys relax please. credit or no credit, the bottom line is that there are tons of free tools that one can use in development to save time. just do ur thing
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dear webmasters, we would really appreciate if you guys can drop more of your reservations about the app. thanks n God bless
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by DualCore1: 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
dignityonly:

You seriously need to Free yourself from people's troubles. #hypocrite
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by dignityonly: 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
9japipper: Dear webmasters, we would really appreciate if you guys can drop more of your reservations about the app. thanks n God bless

Bro you've done well, forget about some fools that have not done anything less attractive/challenging.

Bravo.
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Thank you sir
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
Still waiting for more comments from you guys please. God bless
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by adewasco2k(m): 2:48am On Jul 25, 2014
Really a nice work.

1. somebody mentioned this already thought, but it doesnt display well on mobile even though it was designed to be a responsive site.

2. You make some sections kinda complicated, i know you might still train the users but when doing such you should imagine its gonna be used by dumb people, e.g the student/teachers section: selecting students using OR/AND operator, makes me think im querying the database directly.

Overall, you did an excellent work

I am also working on a similar project and this was a great motivator
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 25, 2014
adewasco2k: Really a nice work.

1. somebody mentioned this already thought, but it doesnt display well on mobile even though it was designed to be a responsive site.

2. You make some sections kinda complicated, i know you might still train the users but when doing such you should imagine its gonna be used by dumb people, e.g the student/teachers section: selecting students using OR/AND operator, makes me think im querying the database directly.

Overall, you did an excellent work

I am also working on a similar project and this was a great motivator

thank you. we have taken note of your observations.
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 25, 2014
more comments pls
Re: The UNIfy School Project. (Our Beta Version Thread) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
for those asking about our plan for mobile. Here is what our mobile app looks like.

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Dramatically Increase Your Twitter Following / Drop Your Mybb Forum Link / **closed**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.