Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize (710 Views)

Naija English Rap Vs Igbo Or Yoruba Rap, Which Do You Prefer? / Yoruba Rap Lives On 4reva With Big Dido (d Abija Of Rap) / Ay "gonna Make It" Yoruba Rap Song Pls Send It To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by afrikanhh: 1:22am On Jul 16, 2014
Africanhiphop.com is working on a new project in which bilingual emcees play a central role. A concept track was recorded and we're sharing the rough mix here. The lyric by K01 is in Yoruba and the sampled intro (70s/80s heads will remember) is, too.

We'll send 5000 Naira (to be paid via Western Union) to the person that comes up with the best translation of the full lyric + the intro.

You can post your version of the lyrics translation in this thread. If you win & if we republish the translation on Africanhiphop.com we'll mention your name in the credit.

Tentative title of the song is 'ile' but you may suggest a better title.

Here is the mp3 - right-click to download... good luck!

http://www.africanhiphop.com/downloads/K01%20-%20Ile.mp3
Re: Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by afrikanhh: 1:23am On Jul 16, 2014
First entry by Yeyenatu:

Okay. Na try I dey o. Let's see.

Intro:
Oderinde: Fadeyi Oloro! The baddest don! The baddest evil man ever liveth! One man battalion!
Fadeyi: Oderinde
Oderinde: Yes, boss!
Fadeyi: I went and I conquered.
Oderinde: respect, boss! I trust you!
Fadeyi: I said I went and I conquered them all with dignity unshaking. I fukked them up and I messed them up like a pig in a sty. They all cowered and even their top crew members scampered off in different directions. And they saaid they were aving a silly gig.
Oderinde: were they high? Do they know who they were messing with?
Faderi: I looked at their so called baby and had the urge to put pullets in that piece of sh*t.

ONE:
Am I to rap or chant incantations/ my style is different from that of the mcs that eavesdrop before they can drop their weak lines/i bet that's why they just a bunch of fatsos/i'm in a league of my own above the textcess who knows their onions/ leave the loser, he just a doubting thomas/lyrical fadeyi is here, and im taking over your building/enemies y'all can't match this fiery sh*t, it sure stings/ If enemies disrespect me, imma turn them into pieces of dog bait/im the one with the right words for the right crowd and all d rappers that wanna learn/ as a sign, I even got myself crowned/

Chorus:
Now, y'all should come out and live long.
Haters, stick to your cage and die young.

But, I'm sorry, they all wanna know me/ even your girlfriend don dey cut eye for me/I have a bad mouth, ask fadeyi about me/ yes, i'm the lyrical rabid dog, y'all don't want to cross me/

Bridge:
Those who said I won't make it (ile)
Shall be squished in d ground like sandwich (ile)
Tell them to come out and live long.
Or they can stick to their cages and die young! (repeat bridge)

Two:
All the way since early nineties that I had started rapping/ they laughed at me, but now on their knees, they are all begging/but i no dey show them mercy, as i'm a lyrical machine/ I swear no be lie, y'all can't test me,/you'd better think fast and go make photocopies/ go ask king saka, so don't slack with your girlfriend/ cos no offense, i'm just a Woman wrapper/i came, I saw and I finally conquered/ I have been called fadeyi's son/ and them heirs to abijawara, the so-called baddest rapper/
I'm the rapper who wear the local fashion/ in which I rap for the adults in the field in yoruba language/ some even said I'm damned local/from naija to Canada, lyrically dis guy ain't normal/just give me a sick beat and my rap comes out like I'm abnormal/making peeps eat them up like spicy sharwarma/now tell those chicks up front to come over and eat my banana/

BRI[b][/b]DGE

Three:
I'm a no six-packs Jesus/but my rap has bad Bottom muscles/don't even doubt it cos it may turn you loco/ i'm a one man armed squad, I don't need soldiers/ tell those haters to do me a favor and munch a jar of soda/ rugged yoruba rapping, fresh all the way from lasgidi/i tell you no curse can overcome this mini god/ when I'm it, i'm in it, and my rap is sweet like tanfiri/ that even your girlfriend don dey feel me/ your swag is all about hennessy, niqqas, that's what I drink when I'm weary/ niqqa duck, when I show my swag in ankara/as i don't care about prada, golce and gabanna/this is what I was born with/i'm as traditional as a fine buba and wrapper/k01 is the chosen king as it is overseas/ they gulp me down like I'm vanilla hot cake/ its like enemies had boasted that I wasn't gonna make it/but y'all look at the losers now, I'm their Moses to the promised land.

BRIDEGE
Chorus

@afrikanhh

YeaYeaNot

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Half Of A Yellow Sun Official Theme Song / Movies Downloads Series Opera Drama Action Updates And Download Links / Meet Chocolate City New Kid Dice Ailes (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.