Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission (45168 Views)

How To Get Nigerian Birth Certificate From National Population Commission? / National Population Commission (NPC) Birth/ Attestation Certificate Enquiries.. / Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The National Population Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by swaroopb: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2014
Hello,

My wife was born in Nigeria in 1981 in the city of Bauchi. We do not have her Birth Certificate. The birth certificate was never issued at the time of birth.

We are in the process of Green Card application in United States of America. But the government officials have denied our application and have requested for a NPC Birth Certificate or Attestation from local government.

We have the declaration of age that we have from Nigerian High Commission.

Please guide us on how we can work to receive the required documents. Any help in this matter will be appreciated, since if we are unable to get the birth certificate, we will have to leave the country.

Unfortunately we cannot really travel at this point to Nigeria. Is there any way we can get the Birth Certificate via a friend in Nigeria? Also does it have to be from Bauchi. Can we get it from Lagos?
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by tosinjoe(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2014
From my little wealth of experience I think it can be done on your behalf by a family or friend here in Nigeria for you, it will cost u about four thousand naira, just send d person your details

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by swaroopb: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2014
tosinjoe: From my little wealth of experience I think it can be done on your behalf by a family or friend here in Nigeria for you, it will cost u about four thousand naira, just send d person your details

Thanks!! Can it be done in Lagos instead of Bauchi?
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by badaru911: 8:53am On Jul 16, 2014
Thats not a problem,its very easy to get it, xpecially the LG one. Just call a friend or family member in bauchi,tell him/her your local govment area,your date of birth, your papa and mama name. Thats all and he/she wuld go to your local govment 4 u and get it not more dan 2 days but he gat to put sumtin in their hands o. While the NPC can b done anywhere in 9ja but i havnt done mine o. It also need puting something in their hands as well so as to be fast and removal of obstacles. Na 9ja we dey o,nothing is imposible.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Marriott1980(m): 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
A friend that just filed for his green card here had the same dilema and he got his NPC birth certificate from lagos. ...Shomolu local government to be precise and it cost him only #1000.....Dont worry you will get it. Just ask around

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
I'm in the process of getting mine. As a matter of fact, I just got back from the NPC office in Surulere. Someone can do it for yoi. It cost me 7,000 and should be ready in 5days. You cant get a bc if you were born before the NPC was instituted (1992), just an attestation letter...but this works as well. The NPC offices in the LG are only able to give bc, which is for after 1992 births.
What you will need - 2 passport pics, Sworn declaration of age, photocopy of id (int'l passport or driver's license or national id card). If someone will be helping you get it, then they will need a copy of their own id and passport pic. Also, if someone will be getting it for you, then that person will have to swear a new affidavit of age for your wife, and not the one your wife swore herself.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by swaroopb: 5:45am On Jul 17, 2014
Thank you so much for the responses!

We do not have family or friends in Nigeria, is there an agency / authority that might be able to help us? We can send the needed documents and fees.
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Footlocker(m): 11:24am On Jul 17, 2014
Hmm am serving with NPC! Handling Death/ Birth certificates! Officially your not suppose to apply via proxy! As for applying for birth certificate if your over 18. A specific format sworn affidavit + 2 passport photos+ cash! Pretty straight forward!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by NigeriaBC: 1:09am On Oct 14, 2014
From the People has been providing Nigeria Police Clearance for Nigerian in the Last 6 years.

You can get an original birth certificate from the Local Government for N20,000 (delivering to UK)

Original Birth Certificate; Postage and Processing to;
Nigeria (DHL) is N20,000 for Regular application (4 - 7days)
UK address is N27,000 for Regular application (14 - 19days)
UK address is N36,000 for Fast application (4 - 9days)
other Country is N36,000 for Regular application (14 - 19days)
other Country is N56,000 for Fast application (4 - 9days) by DHL or other courier

Affidavit of Birth; Postage and Processing to;
Nigeria (DHL) is N15,000 for Regular application (4 - 7days)
UK address is N22,000 for Regular application (14 - 19days)
UK address is N31,000 for Fast application (4 - 9days)
other Country is N31,000 for Regular application (14 - 19days)
other Country is N51,000 for Fast application (4 - 9days) by DHL or other courier

visit: www.NigeriaBC.com
email us: support@nigeriabc.com
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by prospects: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
Plz, this is the birth certificate I got from NPC in 2000. I was born in 1989. However, I haven't used it as I so have my original BC from the local govt where I was born. Abeg, is this NPC certificate confirm? E just be me like paper/receipt

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Marriott1980(m): 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
This is exactly how it looks like @prospects
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by dotcomnamename: 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
I don't understand this thing at all, someone just told me that can be obtained at Alimosho in Lagos and not compulsory to get it at Surulere.
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Obiwannn: 3:15am On Nov 08, 2014
Footlocker:
Hmm am serving with NPC! Handling Death/ Birth certificates! Officially your not suppose to apply via proxy! As for applying for birth certificate if your over 18. A specific format sworn affidavit + 2 passport photos+ cash! Pretty straight forward!

How much does it cost currently?
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Obiwannn: 12:03am On Nov 24, 2014
Marriott1980:
A friend that just filed for his green card here had the same dilema and he got his NPC birth certificate from lagos. ...Shomolu local government to be precise and it cost him only #1000.....Dont worry you will get it. Just ask around

bros...is he or she born b4 1992?
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by osawebaba: 9:56am On Jan 03, 2015
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Kentrasso(f): 5:23am On Jan 18, 2015
My birth certificate got missing and I need one for my visa application to south africa. I was born before 1992 tho not too far from that. what do I need and where can I do it? I stay around alimosho
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Reestyles: 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hi Guys,
Still on this issue. I have some children in my orphanage home who don't have birth certificates.

Please what's the procedure for obtaining birth certificates for these kids in Abuja? They are all below 7 years of age.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Joysmart(f): 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
Go to the local government head quarters closest to you NPC staff are in all local government headquarters and major health centers
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Joysmart(f): 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
Kentrasso:
My birth certificate got missing and I need one for my visa application to south africa. I was born before 1992 tho not too far from that. what do I need and where can I do it? I stay around alimosho
Go to number 12-14 animasaun Street surulere off bode Thomas Street
The office is opposite Rita Lori Hotel

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Kentrasso(f): 11:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
Joysmart:
Go to number 12-14 animasaun Street surulere off bode Thomas Street
The office is opposite Rita Lori Hotel

thanks but i posted this about 8 months ago. I'm already in SA
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by akilo1: 12:08am On Oct 13, 2015
For those people that file for US immigration visa,which birth certificate is needed?i am having court declaration of age,wont this be accepted in NVC for immigration visa and do the certificate from NPC be attested?i need advice as i am preparing to send my document soon.i am not in nigeria for now
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by tpiander: 4:29am On Oct 13, 2015
do you have to be born in Nigeria to obtain a Nigerian birth certificate?

just curious.
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Damilolly(f): 11:14am On May 27, 2016
Hi everyone!

My green card interview is next month and I need my original birth certificate.
I've used a poor unclear copy until now but need the original for the interview. I lost the original years ago.

I was born before 1980 at LUTH in Lagos.

I'll be very grateful to hear from you my dear Nairalanders;

1, what is acceptable as an original at the US embassy London for this purpose?

2, Can I get a new original issued at the Local Govt? Which local govt? I can't see the stamp well enough but it could be Shomolu, Mushin or Suru-lere. We lived in Suru-lere at the time.
3, Can the Local Govt issue an extract from the register or certified copy of their original?

Thank you.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Damilolly(f): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2016
Answers please!
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Mavid8(m): 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
Greetings to you all.
Am from Nigeria living in Germany a have German girlfriend who is pregnant, and they said I can sign the papas that am the father of the child even before birth,
Which is #Vaterschaft.
My questions is that how can I get my birth certificate in Nigeria and how much it cost?
Am about going to Berlin to get my passport and am sure they also need my birth certificate too but I will also like know what did they really needs in Nigeria embassy at Berlin Germany, the procedure and cost as well.

Please I need your advice.
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Damilolly(f): 12:00am On Jun 21, 2016
Someone please help.
Hi everyone!

I've used a poor unclear copy until now but need the original for the interview. I lost the original years ago.

2, Can I get a new original issued at the Local Govt? Which local govt? I can't see the stamp well enough but it could be Shomolu, Mushin or Suru-lere. We lived in Suru-lere at the time.
3, Can the Local Govt issue an extract from the register or certified copy of their original?

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Eclipse24: 10:31am On Aug 06, 2016
Hello, well this may seem a bit off the topic but does anyone

1. Have experience on how to provide a proof of relationship to a canadian sponsor (my direct cousin) when the sponsors father (my uncle) is late?

2. Regarding the circumstance in 1, NPC is unable to provide an attestation for a Nigerian who is late. All that was made available is the NPC death certificate.

3. Does anyone know where in the birth and death compulsory registration act this situation is treated?

Appreciate your kind feedback
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by jasedu60: 2:16pm On May 02, 2017
Hi,

Yes, you can get Birth Certificate and other document on
www.gateway.ng

Thank me later. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by Johnnyjaid: 11:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
akilo1:
For those people that file for US immigration visa,which birth certificate is needed?i am having court declaration of age,wont this be accepted in NVC for immigration visa and do the certificate from NPC be attested?i need advice as i am preparing to send my document soon.i am not in nigeria for now
Damilolly:
Someone please help.
Hi everyone!

Thank you.

How did you get your birth certificate? I'm also about going for my interview
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by calculator123(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2020
Footlocker:

Can I get your phone number?
Re: Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission by jasedu60: 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
We can help, just apply on gateway.ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Transport Ideas That Can Reduce Traffic/Accidents In Lagos. / See Photos Of The New Look Of Abuja Airport Reopened Today / Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.