Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! (1071 Views)

Fake Money From ATM Machines / GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM / After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by trux(m): 10:49am On Jul 16, 2014
Way banks use to dispatched fake currency this happended to my wife.
she uses one of EcoBank isolo branch ATM for he greatest suprise when she went to use it one of the 1k is fake!!!
the only lucky she has is, she wanted to get a medicine fo my baby and the pharmacy is where she always buy drugs she is well known there.
when she take the money back, they told her as long as she has left the ATM nothing they can do nothing about that.
i was very suprise when she told me becouse for someone to make such Allegation to a well known bank at least investigation should be carry out to ascertain the allegation.
most people dont count the money they collect through ATM not to say to even check.

i dont know if this the right section to post this but people need to be aware of this.
Re: Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by Gboliwe: 10:59am On Jul 16, 2014
trux:
Way banks use to dispatched fake currency this happended to my wife.
she uses one of Eko Bank isolo branch ATM for he greatest suprise when she went to use it one of the 1k is fake!!!
the only lucky she has is, she wanted to get a medicine fo my baby and the pharmacy is where she always buy drugs she is well known there.
when she take the money back, they told her as long as she has left the ATM nothing they can do nothing about that.
i was very suprise when she told me becouse for someone to make such Allegation to a well known bank at least investigation should be carry out to ascertain the allegation.
most people dont count the money they collect through ATM not to say to even check.

i dont know if this the right section to post this but people need to be aware of this.
You want people to investigate the matter but you are smartly hiding the name of the bank. Oga, what bank's ATM paid you in fake naira note?
Re: Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by trux(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2014
Gboliwe: You want people to investigate the matter but you are smartly hiding the name of the bank. Oga, what bank's ATM paid you in fake naira note?
Oga am not saying people to investigate I mean the bank should have investigate and the name of the bank is Eko bank Isolo branch Lagos thanks
Re: Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by Gboliwe: 11:18am On Jul 16, 2014
trux:
Oga am not saying people to investigate I mean the bank should have investigate and the name of the bank is Eko bank Isolo branch Lagos thanks
is this different from Ecobank?

1 Like

Re: Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by trux(m): 11:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Gboliwe: is this different from Ecobank?
same bro
Re: Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by sholikay(m): 11:34am On Jul 16, 2014
@op do u mean Ecobank or Ekobank?..dis is rily confusing.
Re: Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by trux(m): 11:39am On Jul 16, 2014
sholikay: @op do u mean Ecobank or Ekobank?..dis is rily confusing.
Ecobank
Re: Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by sccofield(m): 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
Had the same experience I redraw money from Access bank ATM in Eket Akwa ibom state and wanted to pay in for someone inside the same bank just for me to go inside and I was told one of the 1000 naira note was counterfeit. All efforts to explain to them that the money was from their ATM proved abortive so I had to get extra money to complete the payment I wanted to do.
Re: Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by trux(m): 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
sccofield: Had the same experience I redraw money from Access bank ATM in Eket Akwa ibom state and wanted to pay in for someone inside the same bank just for me to go inside and I was told one of the 1000 naira note was counterfeit. All efforts to explain to them that the money was from their ATM proved abortive so I had to get extra money to complete the payment I wanted to do.
that means this dubious act have been going for long na wa ooh for naija shocked
Re: Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by busyowo(m): 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
I had same experience in GTBank Itire road surulere today. The fake note was discovered at PHCN office while paying my bill. The PHCN officer had to perforate the note and returned it to me. I knew the bank will deny it if I took it back there, but I never bothered.
This fraud is becoming rampant and more publicity is needed so the banks can investigate this act.
Re: Beaware Fake Money Through ATM!!! by pricelessmr: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
I experienced same some months ago. A fake 1000naira note in 30k withdrawn from ATM. I was lucky the restaurant where the note was detected was where I am well known.

(1) (Reply)

Organo Gold- Information / Scam Alert / Does Anyone Know Any Shipping Company In The UK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.