Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' (1688 Views)

Footballer Mesut Ozil And His Look Alike Enzo Ferrari / Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil Donates World Cup Bonus 4 Surgery On 23 Sick Brazilian Kids / Mesut Ozil Is Better Than The Combination Of Xavi And Iniesta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by abdulkayus(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
Germany and Arsenal superstar Mesut Ozil is
to donate his £350,000 [$600,000] World
Cup winnings to the children of Gaza
following his country's triumph in the global
spectacle, according to the Middle East
Monitor .
As the conflict in the Middle East rages
following a failed ceasefire, it is claimed
that Ozil is ready to give the £237,000 bonus
he received for helping Germany win the
final, and the £118,000 he received for
Germany's semi-final win, to the occupied
territory.
Ozil, however, is yet to confirm the actual
beneficiaries of his largesse and reports of
his Gaza donation have been disputed, with
some suggesting his winnings have gone to
charities in Brazil instead.
Ozil is of Turkish descent and a practising
Muslim who recites the Quran before games.
He controversially opted not to fast during
the tournament, which fell in the holy
month of Ramadan in which Muslims fast
from dawn until sunset.
Ozil reportedly caused controversy when he
declined to shake a Fifa official's hand
because of his support for Israel.
Arsenal's club-record signing (£42.5 million)
has quickly settled to life in England,
winning the FA Cup with the Gunners before
playing an integral role in Germany's march
to victory in Brazil.
A nine-day outbreak of conflict between
Israel and militant group Hamas has seen
over 1,000 rockets fired into Israel and over
1,300 airstrikes on the Gaza Strip.
Palestinian officials have said that 207
Palestinians have been killed in Israel's
Operation Protective Edge while one Israeli
has died in southern Israel after being hit
by a mortar.
The Gaza Strip is a narrow territory occupied
by Israel currently under a land, sea and
air blockade. According to the United
Nations and aid agencies, humanitarian
conditions have continued to deteriorate
rapidly because of the blockade.
In addition to Ozil's act of generosity, other
Muslim representatives at the World Cup
have also sent their prize money to the
occupied coastal enclave.
After reaching the second round of the
tournament, Algeria donated their £5.25m
prize money to the people of Gaza.
Algeria striker Islam Slimani announced
that the entire squad would donate the
money to the territory because "they need it
more than us", according to a report in the
Daily Mail.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/arsenal-star-mesut-ozil-donates-3m-brazil-world-cup-winnings-gaza-1456910
source:

Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by Sallychizzl3: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jazaks brother. smiley
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by Forzap: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
So dis guy nah muslim sef cry make I go unfollow d f.ool shapaly

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by TVTKOKO(m): 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
Forzap: So dis guy nah muslim sef cry make I go unfollow d f.ool shapaly
so he's now a f.ool for being a muslim abi? I think u're a bigger one at that cos he's done more than half of wat your father has done for ur sick villa!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by Superstar007(m): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
thats a lie. The guy donated to help 23 Brazilian children. Prior to the worldcup he donated money to 11 children but after the mundial. He increased it to 23 cos his team was comprised of 23 players.
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by jieta: 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
TVTKOKO: so he's now a f.ool for being a muslim abi? I think u're a bigger one at that cos he's done more than half of wat your father has done for ur sick villa!
look at this boko haram
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by M4gunners: 7:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
God bless my guy.After people go say make i no support Arsenal.Our lifestyle is incomparable.Gunners for life.Weldon Özil.
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by jaytee01(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
Forzap: So dis guy nah muslim sef cry make I go unfollow d f.ool shapaly
You are most definitely a slowpoke. It's unfortunate that people like you still exist!
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by TVTKOKO(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
jieta: look at this boko haram
if i were a boko haram,then ur grandfather is also one.
And FYI, i'm a christian but unlike you slowpoke
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by jieta: 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
TVTKOKO: if i were a boko haram,then ur grandfather is also one.
And FYI, i'm a christian but unlike you slowpoke
get out, i don't want to argue with you
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by TVTKOKO(m): 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
undecided
jieta: get out, i don't want to argue with you
ignored
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul like
ozil
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by abdulkayus(m): 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
hopelink1: what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul like
ozil

Rather I think u are d one that has loses his soul.
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
abdulkayus:

Rather I think u are d one that has loses his soul.
* u at d one that has loses his soul* (English)
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by Sallychizzl3: 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
hopelink1: * u at d one that has loses his soul* (English)

It's just a pity that most of you went to school but came out as a disappointment. It'd have been better being an apprentice of a cobbler than wasting so many years in school and still think like a bloody illiterate. It's only on Nland I see xtians attack muslims and vice-versa. Why fight for God? He obviously want it this way and that's why it is this way. HE can make us all a faithful of a religion if HE so wishes.
No be Una fault sha, na poverty dey cause am. undecided
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
Sallychizzl3:

It's just a pity that most of you went to school but came out as a disappointment. It'd have been better being an apprentice of a cobbler than wasting so many years in school and still think like a bloody illiterate. It's only on Nland I see xtians attack muslims and vice-versa. Why fight for God? He obviously want it this way and that's why it is this way. HE can make us all a faithful of a religion if HE so wishes.
you are attacking me too , it means that your poverty is greater , halot like you undecided
Sallychizzl3:

you are attacking me too , it means that your poverty is greater , halot like you
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by TVTKOKO(m): 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
http://www.tan.org.ng/onestar/
register.php?id=25946

why don't you guys follow the link upthere and see how you can help urselves and your own country rather than sticking a knife at each other's throat
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by Sallychizzl3: 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
hopelink1: you are attacking me too , it means that your poverty is greater , halot like you undecided you are attacking me too , it means that your poverty is greater , halot like you

Halot

It's a lost cause anyway. undecided
#peace_out
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by say4gunit(m): 11:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
TVTKOKO: so he's now a f.ool for being a muslim abi? I think u're a bigger one at that cos he's done more than half of wat your father has done for ur sick villa!
Another wasted s.perm!
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by Koolmexxi(m): 7:50am On Jul 17, 2014
@OP, I really do wonder y u chose dis particular biased report of Ozil's donation but I'm guessing because of d religious undertone. Anyway for ur info he isn't donating his world cup earnings to anyone but fulfilling a pledge he made of funding d surgeries of 11 Brazilian children before d world cup only dis time he's improved the number to 23 to make up for d German squad dat won d world cup.
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by Kelvindwaplord(m): 9:34am On Jul 17, 2014
@OP Get your facts right! He Donated $400,000 To Help 23 Brazillian Children Undergo Surgery.

Anyways I Admire Him For What He Just Did.

While Our African Brothers Were Busy Fighting Over Money , Their European Counterparts Cared Little Or Less About Money. That's Is Why African Football Will Not Grow And NO AFRICAN TEAM WILL EVER WIN THE WORLD CUP. @Least Not In My Generation.

We Still Have A Lot To Learn. OUR GREED IS TOO MUCH
Re: Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil 'donates $600,000 Brazil World Cup Winnings To Gaza' by feedthenation(m): 11:13am On Jul 17, 2014
A very commendable gesture from a quality player, as against bunch of mercenaries known as the 'super chickens'.

(1) (Reply)

1960bet Prediction For 27/28 100%prediction..play And Win / Photos: West Ham Utd Football Players Strip Down For 'feelemfriday" / 8 Footballers Who Could Have Excelled In Other Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.