Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,588 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria (27422 Views)

Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? / Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. / How To Make Money Breeding Dogs - Starting A Responsible Dog Breeding Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by Sijo01(f): 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
fluid26:

Is there more to it than meets the eye? undecided

wats ur point 'Boy'?
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 12, 2012
Sijo01:

wats ur point 'Boy'?

huh undecided...I'm just asking! Pls..pls don't bite me! Down girlie! Down! Down!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by lacasa: 12:06am On Jun 12, 2012
pDude: People never chop belle full na to feed extra dog mouth. Nna na wa o

cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by dasparrow: 4:23am On Jun 12, 2012
pDude: People never chop belle full na to feed extra dog mouth. Nna na wa o

Speak for yourself bros because some people dey chop bellefull. Besides, una know say una never chop bellefull yet una dey born pickin for Nigeria anyhow like rabbit or chicken knowing very well Nigeria is heading down a slippery slope and una no fit provide adequately for the new life una bring come this world. Then tomorrow, you people wonder why an increasing number of young adults are turning to armed robbery, kidnapping, global drug trafficking and 419 to survive and fend for themselves.

@OP

If you don't have a passion and natural fondness for dogs, don't even go there. Dog breeders here in the states are passionate about dogs. They make sure they breed healthy dogs that does not have any strain of sickness in the dogs' DNA. Dog breeders breed for quality and good health and not quantity. If you are in it just to make money, then I suggest you look for a different kind of business like importing cars into Nigeria or something. Dogs are living sentient beings and should not be used mainly as a cash cow of some sort. Treat them in a humane manner because God is watching you.

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by abiamahart: 7:14am On Jun 12, 2012
@Poster
Watch out for sellers who front wrong parents of breeds that are not pure. i have a pure Dobberman and a german sheperd. Both are a handful and quite intelligent.

You must love dogs with a passion first b4 talking business. also you need a quarantine for isolation and control. Feeding 0-3 or 6months depending on the breed is very important.

Dogs are fun to have. Mine are guarddogs so no messing arround.

Start with sheperd they are intelligent and traditional to care for.

Keep off Rotweillers until you are grounded in the business.

Wish you the very best.

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by straighthome: 9:08am On Jun 12, 2012
i have dabbled into breeding and selling....one of the many things i fall back on if my economy is threatened. here are some tips. you need to start with quality stalk like in a stud and if possible you add a bitch. preferably the german shepherd which is popular around these parts. you also need to know your way around the vets and trainers if you dont know how to train the dogs on the basics eg obedience training and poo manners. you will also need to have outlets for your sales. the vets could come in handy on this one but they may try to scam you. a good place where you can get stalk is jos but i dont know if that info is still valid with all the unrest going on there. you will need the space for your kennel making allowance for expansion...finally if you are not into dogs dont bother cos there is a lot of poo to clear and manners to correct....you will certainly be pissed off and hitch a hike if you are not into dogs
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by lilkech(m): 9:21am On Jun 12, 2012
EMOKAI98: My broda dnt be discouraged, dog biz is very lucrative all u need to do is to have passion in doing d biz then u will mk it big time, just as I hv benefited 4rm it, I equally have dog kennel here in jos wt 14 female adult of diff varieties of breeds which some liters twice a year and once a year so u can imagine how much u will be making in a year. Although d biz is very stressful bt if u hv enough capital then u can employ sm1 to tk care of d dogs for u .The cost of rotwieller puppies are 50 to 60k per puppy 4 dos dt misquote d price.
For more details contact me on 08032656241

i been get german shepad b4 but dem no sabi ginga . . . dem dey learn

4get rott, how much dem dey sell una ' boko shepad' for that side ?
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by SIFA(m): 9:34am On Jun 12, 2012
SIFA: I have bull-mastiff puppies (6 weeks old) for sale. Contact on sifanig@gmail.com

The parent-stock of the puppies are from south Africa. If you are intrested, send mail to the address above or call 08037074414
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by ujchief(m): 10:27am On Jun 12, 2012
The best breed of dog to rear is the local breed, called bingo, ekuke or nkita. Its cheap to buy and even cheaper to raise. No need for vacination, de-wormin, anti-rabies (the dog is rabies on its own). U can source its food locally from leftover food in ur kitchen. It breeds 3-4 times yearly, and can give birth to 6 puppies at a go. Theres readily available market for it in any efik/ibibio restaurant or state. What are u waiting for? With 20k u can buy 10 of its pupies, and in 18 months time, u're sure to get a community of puppies from 10 of them.

3 Likes

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by peddylinko(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2012
Dog Breeding Is A Very Lucrative Business i.e

1. You Have To Have The Passion For Rearing Dogs
2. Get Pedigree Dogs
3. Feed Very Well
4. Always Make Sure Your Dogs Are Healthy
5. Love And Care For Them, Dont Go Into With The Major priority of making money

If You Follow This Rules, You Are Sure To Have Good Dogs For mating Service, Good Dams, Healthy Pups e.t.c

Need Any Dog, Pup Or Adult 08182255386

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by okoji: 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2012
Did you say 20k? That is funny. 20k will take you no where. We have put in over 7mill in our kennel and stock pedigree dogs imported from russia. Which good pure bred dog will you get for 20k? Real dogs go for 150k or 100k and above. Just imported the neo below for 500k

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by okoji: 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
The neo. 4 months old

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by okoji: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
12 week old caucasian.

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by okoji: 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
Rits Kennels has caucasians,rotts,boerboels,chowchows,neopolitan mastiffs, english mastiffs and lots more. 08172889717, ritskennel@yahoo.com BBPIN:27B85BBA

2 Likes

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by gowaga68: 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2012
Not alone, YOU included.
obakovich:
20k? Na u sleep d mama?
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by emaildunc: 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2012
Hi house, I need a German Shepherd aka Alsatian.

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by breezy007(m): 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2012
Please can Anyone Help Me, My Dog is a Pedigree German Shepherd but Has a Bad Problem with Her Appetite, she is a 4 Months Old Puppy but she is skinny and Small, due to de fact that she doesn't like eating. She had all her vaccination shots, she is being de wormed monthly, I give her cod liver oil and vitamins daily, but nothing is happening. I feed her with rice, indomie and any oda food which I mix with canned food to entice her but to no avail. Please I want somone to tell me what to give her to make her eat very well like a normal dog. I would appreciate it??
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by eversolidus(m): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2012
Check, petlake.com for detail and speak with a Vet Doc.
breezy007: Please can Anyone Help Me, My Dog is a Pedigree German Shepherd but Has a Bad Problem with Her Appetite, she is a 4 Months Old Puppy but she is skinny and Small, due to de fact that she doesn't like eating. She had all her vaccination shots, she is being de wormed monthly, I give her cod liver oil and vitamins daily, but nothing is happening. I feed her with rice, indomie and any oda food which I mix with canned food to entice her but to no avail. Please I want somone to tell me what to give her to make her eat very well like a normal dog. I would appreciate it??
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by bendazum: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Yes if you are not breeding sh1!t eating Dogs other wise called NKITA grin grin grin

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by gaby(m): 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2012
Got ten cute healthy dob pupppies for sale in abbj.they are just 6 wks old.07065486368
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by henry007(m): 3:17am On Sep 05, 2012
peddylinko: Dog Breeding Is A Very Lucrative Business i.e

1. You Have To Have The Passion For Rearing Dogs
2. Get Pedigree Dogs
3. Feed Very Well
4. Always Make Sure Your Dogs Are Healthy
5. Love And Care For Them, Dont Go Into With The Major priority of making money

If You Follow This Rules, You Are Sure To Have Good Dogs For mating Service, Good Dams, Healthy Pups e.t.c

Need Any Dog, Pup Or Adult 08182255386
I need a westie terrier cairn or Lhasa apso
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by JOJODogs: 3:20am On Sep 13, 2012
If you are going to sell your puppies make sure you are listed in the Dog's World register. The placement is even FREE and the magazine was distributed free at all dog shows and direct to the homes if dog lovers. If you did not get a copy of the magazine download a copy from www.issuu.com/dogsworld/docs/dogsworld So make sure you get included in the next issue.
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by okoji: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2012
New puppies available at Rits kennels. 08027892704,08172889717,ritskennels@yahoo.com

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by johnwisdom10(m): 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
please i need an importer of dogs from abroad. contact me on this 08101972337.
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by Jlow2: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
Start up wit caucasian,but if u hav made up ur mind on german shepherd go 4 d pure breed slant back,a lot of guys wnt tell u d truth

3 Likes

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by gowaga68: 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2013
Guys i would like to know the cheapest means of shipping a dog from German? And i would like to know if it's good getting a show or working pedigree dog.
Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by breezy007(m): 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
Am in Need Of a Dog Not just Any Dog, A Dog That's Gonna Grow Very Big, i Mean Really Huge, it Should Be Either Russian Shepherd(caucasian) or German shepherd(alsatian) Pure Breed…. I will Have to See pictures of the Parents to Verify the Size, and the Puppy Must have a Good Appetite and Good Bark. If You Think your a Breeder and Your Dogs Can Make the Quality Signify Please, So we'll Discuss…

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by fm7070: 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
Dog business is very lucrative.
Don't mind those who don't know are discouraging you.
Am planning to go into it very soon

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by jeremiahugezu(m): 6:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
it is lucrative

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
breezy007: Am in Need Of a Dog Not just Any Dog, A Dog That's Gonna Grow Very Big, i Mean Really Huge, it Should Be Either Russian Shepherd (caucasian) or German shepherd(alsatian) Pure Breed…. I will Have to See pictures of the Parents to Verify the Size, and the Puppy Must have a Good Appetite and Good Bark. If You Think your a Breeder and Your Dogs Can Make the Quality Signify Please, So we'll Discuss…

Please I need the same too. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. / Can You Identify This Snake? / Shivering Puppy Is Rescued After Being Swept Away From Its Mother By Flood (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.