Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,331 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Vacancies In The US. Helping US Immigrants (US Domestic Applicants ONLY) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancies In The US. Helping US Immigrants (US Domestic Applicants ONLY) (1172 Views)

Computer Operator / Trainee Needed In Surulere. Female Applicants Only. / Muslim Bank Staff Needed As Trainees Muslim Applicants Only! / N30k-50k Part Time Work For Serious Applicants Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vacancies In The US. Helping US Immigrants (US Domestic Applicants ONLY) by Goldenboy007(m): 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hello all,

I am starting this topic so that I and others can place (US) job ads we get daily from recruitment agents we have used in the past. Gladly the employment market in US is expanding according to what we here in the news everyday. Therefore lets post vacancies we see or know from different states and also add tips that helped you in getting a good job in US.

I stay in Chicago, Illinois so all my jobs ad will be within that region and they are mainly in the financial sector. Other please lets contribute.

We have a Job Openings with our client for Accounting Clerk III located at Lake County, IL. Please go through the job description and if you find it interesting then please send me an updated copy of your resume at aali@spectraforce.com Or call me at 919-887-6786 Ext. 4179

Job Location : Lake County, IL

Job Description : Position: Accounting Clerk
Duration: 6 Months

Job Description:

• Processing inner company billings. Reconciliation of accounts.
• (AP/AR) Individual will be working within SAP and Excel.
• Contractor needs to have solid Excel experience, SAP preferred not required.
• Performs any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties required for accounting and financial records.
• Responsible for bank account reconciliations, trial balance computations and statement and report preparation.
• Experienced in calculator operations.
• 5+ Years experience.

We are highly motivated to find the right person, so a quick response will ensure that you are considered.

2 Likes

Re: Vacancies In The US. Helping US Immigrants (US Domestic Applicants ONLY) by Goldenboy007(m): 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
Employment Tips -

Medical line is most lucrative now, followed by IT and then Financials.
1. Search the web and register with popular recruiting agents like CareerBuilder, Indeed.com, Zip recruiter,accountemps, monster.com and many more
2. Re-write your CV/Resume - removing age, sex, state of origin and all other personal information except your name, email addy, phone numbers.
3, When writing your job experience, do not emphasize the "Nigeria" or "Africa" in the name of the company you worked with. e.g. You worked with Visafone Nigeria Ltd, just write Visafone Telecommunications. Americans employers are very reluctant when it comes to foreign experience. At least let your CV give you opportunity for interview then when they hear what you can do they won't mind when you tell them your experience is from outside US.
4, Browse the format for writing a Resume in US, the most important factors are your skills and experience..all those English jargon we decorate CVs with in Nigeria is a waste of time here o!!! Keep your Resume as brief as possible
5, Update your linkedIn profile, Recruiters raid that site for potential candidates
6,Prepare to have a form of US education in the long run, they are more comfortable with people they trained rather than foreign trained professionals.
7,US experience is very important so even if you are a director or CEO from where you are coming from, learn to start small. There are times the first jobs you get are entry level. Your skills will stand you out. You have heard before US is a leveler o!

More to come as i remember.

2 Likes

Re: Vacancies In The US. Helping US Immigrants (US Domestic Applicants ONLY) by pathardy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nice!

More of this please.
Re: Vacancies In The US. Helping US Immigrants (US Domestic Applicants ONLY) by Goldenboy007(m): 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
I got this from a friend in New York -Full-time position..looking for Netbackup/storage administrator with significant amount of exp. 5 yrs and up precisely. Location: Long Island, NY. Rate: $100k and up. Email your resume if interested. Pls share wit folks looking for dis position & living in this region...Thanks.

goldenboy@tmo.blackberry.net

(1) (Reply)

Is Vh Resources & Corporate Services Real Or A Scam? / 2014 Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc / Workers Wanted - Workcity.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.