Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,550 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

Who Do You Worship,god Or Your Papa,pastor Or Daddy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do You Worship,god Or Your Papa,pastor Or Daddy? (446 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Worship,god Or Your Papa,pastor Or Daddy? by Titilayodeji13(m): 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
Another Sunday is far approaching again and some of us will be
heading out to our various churches for
fellowship and worship. Some of us are
really excited about meeting our fellow
brethren again after a long working week.
Some of us are eagerly anticipating the
praise and worship as an opportunity to
express our love to God. Some are keen to hear what God has to say to them through the sermon that will be preached. Some just want to encounter Christ and have their hearts tuned to His frequency. Others can’t wait to see their Pastor stand on the pulpit and tingle their ears with a well- thought out sermon. I don’t know which category you belong too but there is a clear warning for all of us. DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP OF IDOLISING YOUR PASTOR INSTEAD OF WORSHIPPING CHRIST.
Personally speaking, I find my Pastor very inspiring and I look up to him in many ways. I sometimes have to check myself to make sure I don’t elevate him to a place that belongs to Christ in my heart. Whilst we are to appreciate and love our pastors, we must not under any circumstances give them the worship that is due God. In this day and age of celebrity pastors, we have never been more in danger of falling into this trap. We must remember that our pastors are undershepherds appointed by the Chief Shepherd of our souls. Jesus always comes first. Period.

Check your self and understand who you are serving.

Source

www.setwatchman.com/2011/10/23/are-you-worshipping-jesus-or-your-celebrity-pastor/

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Worship,god Or Your Papa,pastor Or Daddy? by qstar(m): 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2014
Even if my mum were dead, i'd rather worship her than worship any of theses culture-projected gods.

(1) (Reply)

The Father's Lordship. / The Sudanese Christian Woman And Her Family In Rome / Is There More To Dreams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.