Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. (22664 Views)

Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality. / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by iswallker(m): 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
Afrocatalyst: That means they'll approve it then.

Do you think bacwards... grin... jus askin...
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
IdiatFF:

But you earlier cited it as one of your proofs that Homosexualism is of Africa- to purposely paint the Igbo culture black with your dirty hand-, why this u-turn now? Most of all the pieces you copied and pasted, if I am not mistaken, are white writers who are out to tell you your own history and out sheer ignorance I guess- you accepted their accounts and documentations. Wait for my elaborate response to all your mis-information and gasconades.

OMG this is HILARIOUS. I'm cracking up. Did you say white writers? The irony. The anthropologist YOU quoted is Nigerian. Sorry. Several of the sources are from African researchers. I know your colonial masters told you only white people are capable of intellect and higher academia. Anything that involves education and research must be a white, right?

Now, my question is this: you have a problem with white people telling you what to do, yes? So why are you still parroting them in every way over three centuries later?

5 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
CyrusLevi: click this profile since you obviously haven't seen one.

Dude is that really you? I'm never this thirsty, but you are hot as hell.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
No! They should go ahead and pass the silly law like the idiotic Ugandan legislative body.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
sweetgala:

Have you my friend heard the term "fibs" before because that is all you have typed, bleeding c0.ck and bull cookup
that's your intelligent response to his detailed explanation? O well!
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by rakish(m): 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
donnypool:

you tell me the benefit of gay freedom in our society today?
i will answer that. Just as you're happy and living your life freely,they too are. Happiness and love makes the world a better place.

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
rakish: i will answer that. Just as you're happy and leaving your life freely,they too are. Happiness and love makes the world a better place.

that is not a benefit sir, give me a good benefit in these aspect

health
work force
Family growth

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by diarra94(m): 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
sweetgala:

Because God gave man the spirit of choice
then why should we suffer for his mistake knowing well that humans are imperfect being and therefore will make mistakes in making choices. spirit of choice or not, god knows how your life will play out even before he created you but yet punishes you when you walk in an already preplanned destiny
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by rakish(m): 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
donnypool:

that is not a benefit sir, give me a good benefit in these aspect

health
work force
Family growth
thats a benefit but i have more for you. Do u knw dat anti-gay law has inevitably stimulate hate by the person affected to his/her country? That makes the person search for sumwere mre safe and lets say d person lands in america. America has gain sum1 who can help or contribute in developing their continent while dat bigoted country has lost sum1. So gays are people just lyk u and they cnt exhibit their potentials if the cnt be free. Mreova,that bigoted country creates more enemies to itself. Let them be,just as u take air,let them too.

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 17, 2014
rakish: thats a benefit but i have more for you. Do u knw dat anti-gay law has inevitably stimulate hate by the person affected to his/her country? That makes the person search for sumwere mre safe and lets say d person lands in america. America has gain sum1 who can help or contribute in developing their continent while dat bigoted country has lost sum1. So gays are people just lyk u and they cnt exhibit their potentials if the cnt be free. Mreova,that bigoted country creates more enemies to itself. Let them be,just as u take air,let them too.

Sir i totally understood what you meant. But some gays too can be dumb and useless to the society just like the ones i have seen. But in general, what benefits will gay rights bring to our today's society especially in Nigeria where gays are not acceptable by majority of the population?
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
I swear, people seem to think that legalizing will lead to hordes of gays materializing in their midst grin

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: I swear, people seem to think that legalizing will lead to hordes of gays materializing in their midst grin

ABI?? Apparently these laws prevent them from existing. Once it is repealed people will just be turning gay shey? grin

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

ABI?? Apparently these laws prevent them from existing. Once it is repealed people will just be turning gay shey? grin

Exactly grin
Interesting historical info btw.

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Funniez: 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
jayseehe: Nigeria should do the same
Nigeria shuld do what Make devil kiss you there!!! So we shuld start f**king azz abi Mugu
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
Funniez: Nigeria shuld do what Make devil kiss you there!!! So we shuld start f**king azz abi Mugu

Omg SEE what I mean grin

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by SurePresident: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
EternalBeing: GOD gave each of us this short life to test us and see how we use it, for those that use it to do HIS will, even if we die, we shall be risen to live forever. Normally, Man is physical and spiritual; but the spirit of man in man is more important than the container because when it leaves, the container rottens. We strive to grow physically by going to school, striving to be richer, learning everyday till we die. Likewise, we strive to grow spiritually by praying, going to Church, communicating with GOD thru our spirits etc. Even the rich would always strive to be richer. Both the spirit and physical aspirations of man are HARDLY satisfiable. Yet most people don't give up on striving to be more knowledgeable, richer, looking better (growing in the physical dimension of man) but easily give up on striving to be holy (growing in the spiritual dimension of man). devil deceives people to give up on trying to be good, and simply summit to being evil. Initially, I gave up on trying to be good, I chose the evil way till the day that I realized that all GOD wants is that we keep trying, when HE comes HE will make us perfect. Even money does not easily conquer the souls of men as quicker and permanent like immorality does. It leads to dead conscience which in turn gives birth to every evil we see today : misunderstanding and war everywhere, Greed, Tribalism, Materialism, devil worship, Gayism, NewWorldOrder... all end time signs fulfilled. Any moment from now JESUS... please don't leave me behind I pray, Amen!

"Lovers of themselves more than lovers of their Creator... given to reprobate minds, accepting or doing that which was unimaginably disgusting"
Indeed, we are at the End Time. I will not miss the Rapture that is very much about to happen IJN.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by excell123: 5:09am On Jul 18, 2014
THE LORD’S CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MOVEMENT
HOLDS A TWO-DAYS POWER PACKED INTERNATIONAL CRUSADE
Title: GOD OF MIRACLES
DATE: SATURDAY 19th – SUNDAY 20th July, 2014
TIME: Sat. 2pm (ET) & Sun. 10.00am (ET )
VENUE: 5823, Allen Town Way, Temple Hills, Maryland, USA
MINISTERING: PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA
THE GENERAL OVERSEER
Come and Receive bountiful blessings and miracles; as all your enemies shall surely submit in Jesus name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm1nuvrczeM&list=UUllRl59sWY5qu23kOwSGWIg
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by rakish(m): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2014
donnypool:

Sir i totally understood what you meant. But some gays too can be dumb and useless to the society just like the ones i have seen. But in general, what benefits will gay rights bring to our today's society especially in Nigeria where gays are not acceptable by majority of the population?
no one is useless in the society and just as there are sum 'dumb' gays as u said their are also dumb hetero. Infact we the hetero are more dumb dan them becos we are the majority. So take it dis way,there is,no harm done by gays to the society wich hetero hasn't done. I dnt knw y gays intimidate people like u so much. Wat goes around comes around. Dnt be surprise u ave loved one dat is gay,bet u wil hand him/her ova to the police to face jail term. If u cnt coz u love dat person,then chanel dat love to other gays.

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by fanficgirl(f): 7:53am On Jul 18, 2014
A lot of hypocritical and contradicting statements here. How does someone being gay affect your life? Or are you a closet gay trying to hide your secret??

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by azpekuliar: 10:08am On Jul 18, 2014
smiley

@MissMeiya... Great stuff! I am stunned by the depth of research that you have made available to us here. Amazing! I for one have always advocated for the rights of gays, even as a hetero-sexual. Something didn't feel right about criminalizing the activities of 2 consenting adults. Oh! it's not moral they say, and I ask since when have Africans been custodians of morals? cheesy I have been slandered and even termed "gay" for my views, but to know that homo-sexuality has always been African (...and will be tongue) is just pure Gold! So for all ya'll who are quick to tell us how "Un-Afrcan" homosexuality is, I just got some new Ammo to smoke ya'll with.

Can't thank you enough.

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by pickabeau1: 10:25am On Jul 18, 2014
Thanks.. i wonder why no other poster of Igbo origin has explained this obvious reality

chulla12:

Anyone conversant with Igbo culture will tell you that there was NOTHING sexual between the two women involved in this type of marriage arrangement. This sort of thing happened when the "woman husband" was barren in her original marriage.

The only reason why she claims "husband" in this scenario is to have full ownership of the child that born to the acquired wife, in union with her husband. I'm not even sure that the "new" wife had any say or rights in this scenario as the children born are noted as belonging to the "woman husband" and the real husband.

This is an insurance policy for barren wives as most women who allowed outright polygamy (i.e. legitimate second wife) when they were barren lost their place in the home when the second wife gave birth to children.

Buchi Emecheta referenced this tradition in one of her novels...The Joys of Motherhood, I think.

There is no reference to actual Lesbianism or Homosexuality in Igbo culture, as far as I know.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by halfcaste1: 11:45am On Jul 18, 2014
All I have to say about dis is dt dose pple hopingand praying 4 gay rights in naija and d gays in naija shud pls form a union or organization and match 2 Aso rock 2 tel d president dt dey all want 2 relocate 2 dose countries dt support dier rights or dey want 2 go and form dier own country- sodom and gomorrah. We, d straight pple r okay d way we r, wit our ova religious attitude, yes, we go manage ourselves. We hv enof vices as it is dt we hv bin battling 4 years. 2 add homosexuality 2 it mite jst b one stroke 2 many. Its bad hearin abt girls being raped, hw wud it b now 2 hear abt guys being raped by dier fellow guys bcs d law hs bin legalized? Den watch out 4 division cos I sure aint letting ma son go 2 a sch wre dre r gay teachers or hvin a gay tenant, law or no law. 2 avoid stories dt touch. Bt wait o! Y wil a guy b eyeing anoda guy? Wit dier hairy bodies and all? Wen God hs beautifully and wonderfully made women? And women r evn mor dan men in dis world o! Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 18, 2014
azpekuliar: smiley

@MissMeiya... Great stuff! I am stunned by the depth of research that you have made available to us here. Amazing! I for one have always advocated for the rights of gays, even as a hetero-sexual. Something didn't feel right about criminalizing the activities of 2 consenting adults. Oh! it's not moral they say, and I ask since when have Africans been custodians of morals? cheesy I have been slandered and even termed "gay" for my views, but to know that homo-sexuality has always been African (...and will be tongue) is just pure Gold! So for all ya'll who are quick to tell us how "Un-Afrcan" homosexuality is, I just got some new Ammo to smoke ya'll with.

Can't thank you enough.

Always a pleasure. Custodians of morals! grin

Knowledge is power. Love and peace to all
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by MiguelMi6(m): 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
emmboy:
I can see you are a fvcking gay! Tell me, how did you start having this nonsensical homosexual feeling?
Tell me too,how did you start having heterosexual feelings?

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by MiguelMi6(m): 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Wahala90:

Mumu Advocate. But you think jail terms will change a person that involves in other crimes?
Homosexuality is not a crime even if its a criminal offence in some countries.It can never fit into the definition of crime.When you send others who commit crimes to jail,its to stop them from causing further harm to the society and rehabilitate them from such acts,in case of homosexuality,that can't happen,cause no crime is committed and no rehabilitation whatsoever cures homosexuality as you may wish.Even your govt can't build correctional facilities for gays since they want them to stop their acts,the law is built on strong hate and hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by MiguelMi6(m): 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
rightym: Now I kn u re really out of ur senses, people like u can Neva change dier sexuality from being a guy even wen imprisoned for 50 yrs.

death sentence awaits you. smhhh
Why do you homophobic Nigerians like cursing a lot?You need help.

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by MiguelMi6(m): 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
mu2sa2: They say that same-sex intimacy is alien to their African and religious values and you are talking crap! You and the perverts givig you likes should go and live in the west and leave us to live in peace in anti-gay society.
What chaos would happen to your anti-gay society if gays had their freedom?Has Nigeria ever been in a turmoil because of homosexuals undecided

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by MiguelMi6(m): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
IdiatFF:

I will respond to your post from the rear.
First, do you for real think with this decision, the West will 'flock' to Malawi and ignite any meanful development? Sir I do not think so. It is silly for a man to assume that he will be helped by another man just because he decides to dance nake just because the other man likes nake pictures. How about his self worth afterward? Malawi do have a culture like every other African countries which had been in place from time immemorial, but for one Banda to, for a pot of porridge, decide to desecrate such culture corrupting it with another country's show that she is a coward, uncreative and unfit to lead Malawi; development should not be hinged on mendicancy.

Secondly, you asked "... what is Un-african about a sensible
government allowing consesnting non-threatning persons
express their sexuality as they will?" It is known that homosexualism is never of Africa, it was imported. So if we enact laws to prevent it from corrupting our culture and ways of life, I see nothing bad in that. But for outsiders (The West) to threaten a sovereign nation to import an alien culture of theirs into its, Mister, such should be resisted vehemently.

Define Alien then also define Culture?
Look at your post and face the truth.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Omg SEE what I mean grin

LOL! That got me cracking seriously. Some people brain is actually dark as our continent is referred. grin

So, legalising homosexualism means he should go and be ffucking around with men. cheesy LOL! There's possibility that he's a closeted gay 'cos any sensible straight man won't type it. undecided

Chai!! Diaris God grin

5 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

LOL! That got me cracking seriously. Some people brain is actually dark as our continent is referred. grin

So, legalising homosexualism means he should go and be ffucking around with men. cheesy LOL! There's possibility that he's a closeted gay 'cos any sensible straight man won't type it. undecided

Chai!! Diaris God grin

Preach! tongue
It didn't take very long, did it? I was just shocked at how quickly my statement was confirmed grin

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Alfred234(m): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
Very funny thread.... Nigerians sha!!!
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by UyiIredia(m): 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
bloodykiller: the fear of the west

some fool will say GEJ dont have balls
upon all the treats he's still stand by his words
see as Malawi don change am shaperly

I will first die before fools put a gun to my head to change an anti-gay law. Evolution is being taught in our chools, what next, institutionalize atheism right? In so far as the law kills no one but criminalize the act, no problem; killing being extreme IMO. Clearly some people's morality are more subjective than others and this case i

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

'Sea Of Flames': 46 Killed In Taiwan Buiidling Fire / Gender Debate: A Man Is A Man, A Woman Is A Woman - UK Prime Minister, Sunak / 5.6 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Badghis, Afghanistan. 26 Killed, Many Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.