Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,967 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? (3795 Views)

PROVED: Leviathan Is The First Creature To Disbelief God Existence / Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? / Disbelief In God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by fubbyy(m): 6:41am On Jul 17, 2014
Its almost 29 years now which God has never answered any thing like prayer for me, both the one I prayed and the one prayed on my head

I was born on 16th of december 1985, since then till now God has never answered any prayer said on my head or the one I prayed

"Keep praying ! Keep praying ! He'll answer someday,he's not sleeping,be patient with him, a patient dog eat the fattest bone

These are words of encouragement I get when I complain,I've done all sorts of prayer in this life, I've drank fasting like tea, I graduated from doing 6-6 to 3 days dry fasting,I've gone to the monastery enugu,I've gone to different mountains to pray

Is this not enough reason to disbelief God?

3 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by jeffizy(m): 6:55am On Jul 17, 2014
I have a little advice.
Don't stop.
imagine traveling to Kano from Lagos by road.
All you see is the long stretch of road. Unending , boring and winding.
All you need to do is keep the throttle going and you eventually get there.

From the analysis above, I want to know if you are practical too.
You need to back prayer up with faith and most importantly , action.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by ayogabriel(m): 7:08am On Jul 17, 2014
Why not stop praying and start thanking him for the ones he does on a normal basis, like waking up, ability to walk, eat, do what millions of people can't do, then stop praying and give him praises, do more of singing to Him, worshipping Him. You will thank me later. If one method doesn't work, you try another.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by thorpido(m): 7:22am On Jul 17, 2014
You have to back up your prayers with action.You also need to learn how to hear and receive.
Prayer is not passive,it's active.
Finally,there's a level in prayer that many do not practice often.It's that level where you are not asking but worshipping and thanking.Do that more often.

Faith always works.If it didn't work,then it wasn't faith.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by Weah96: 7:24am On Jul 17, 2014
ayogabriel: Why not stop praying and start thanking him for the ones he does on a normal basis.

The bible is the book of rules here, not you. He's following the bible and wants to know if he should continue.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by Areaboy2(m): 7:29am On Jul 17, 2014
Op... if only you invested that time and energy in developing yourself, you won't be in the mess you find yourself now..

Reminds me when i still was a believer in my first year in uni.. Our motto for success was to pray like it all depends on prayer. And study like it all depends on studying.
Funny thing is, right now I know which of the two I could certainly not do without... studying.

Conclusion for me, prayer is a waste of time...

10 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 17, 2014
What kind of things do you pray for? undecided
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by ayogabriel(m): 7:34am On Jul 17, 2014
Weah96:

The bible is the book of rules here, not you. He's following the bible and wants to know if he should continue.
I am not changing the rules here, and when I say " why not stop praying" I mean, do more of worship and thanks giving and less of prayers, he has been praying for a while right? So change tactics, its simple logic. It works for me and many people have testified. Even in my church, from babies dying and they prayed nothing happened, they switched to praises and "wallah!!!! The baby is alive.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by Tallesty1(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2014
What are you praying for and how do you? Ask for forgiveness for all the things you have done. Ask him to cleanse your soul and get rid of the devil (everythin bad). Then, start doing good deeds and really show God that you have changed. Start living a rightous life. God only answers the prayers of those who believe in him.

I'm sure he answers your prayers but not all, probably because you don't need them or because you asked selfishly.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by torchwave: 8:40am On Jul 17, 2014
Op, I have not found any reason to doubt God or His existence, even to this day.

If you've been asking God for something and He has not answered for many many years now, it only means the problem is from you, not God.

I know I may not seem to make sense but that's the ugly truth. God magnifies His Word above His name, and His Word says 'ask and it shall be given you.' If He has not given you, it only means one of these:

You are not asking in faith. You ask and doubt. You will never receive anything from God when you doubt.

What you're asking is not His will

You ask because you want to spend it on your lust

You ask and give up, a pattern you have adopted over the years

Your heart is not right with God

You have not being specific, just asking vague requests

You lack patience. God is not moved by the swift passage of time. He wants to build faith in you by delaying the answers, and I have discovered through experience that patience is the strongest building block of strong faith.

Op, just ask God to show you why He has not answered any of your prayers. You'll be wise to do that as He is more willing to give than you're to ask and receive. If you give up, like you may have always done, your loss bro.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by mazaje(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2014
This is the problem I have with god, prayers and all these religious brouhaha. . .Suppose there is a drought in a land and the people who are mostly farmers that rely on their yield for survival pray to god for rain and it rains a few days after they gathered and prayed, our happy farmers will thank god for blessing them with rain and answering their prayers, suppose it didn't rain after they gathered and prayed, and famine breaks out as a result of the drought, the same farmers will still find excuses as to why god did not answer their prayers. .They will say and do anything to excuse their god for not answering their prayers. . .They will throw blames around but will never blame this god of theirs. . .So the god hypothesis does not do any work in reality. . .It means nothing, people are just emotionally attached to their beliefs and will find and make up what ever reason or explanation to excuse their god and lay the blame somewhere or on something else. . Saw some documentary some years ago on CBN where a woman was blaming the failure of her daughter's blood cancer treatment on her smoking habit. . .if only she stopped smoking god will heal her daughter she thought. . .that is how far and crazy people will go to excuse this god of theirs that does nothing all of the time. ..Prayer does not work or have any effect anywhere, that is why there is no evidence what so ever to show that those who pray are better than those who do not pray in any way. . .There is no evidence what so ever to show that those who pray to their god for protection for example are better protected than those who do not pray. . .Harm and misfortune affects us all regardless of whether we pray or not. . .

10 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 17, 2014
fubbyy: Its almost 29 years now which God has never answered any thing like prayer for me, both the one I prayed and the one prayed on my head

I was born on 16th of december 1985, since then till now God has never answered any prayer said on my head or the one I prayed

"Keep praying ! Keep praying ! He'll answer someday,he's not sleeping,be patient with him, a patient dog eat the fattest bone

These are words of encouragement I get when I complain,I've done all sorts of prayer in this life, I've drank fasting like tea, I graduated from doing 6-6 to 3 days dry fasting,I've gone to the monastery enugu,I've gone to different mountains to pray

Is this not enough reason to disbelief God?

don't deceive yourself.
Go find better things to do.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by onetrack(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2014
I have never prayed and things have turned out well for me, both through hard work and some luck. My advice would be to not bother with praying.

4 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by Psylas(m): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2014
The man who prays is the one who thinks God has arrainged matters all wrong and also the one who thinks he can instruct God on how to put things right

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2014
op, what do you need from god?
money?

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by fubbyy(m): 11:53am On Jul 17, 2014
Arcsniper:
don't deceive yourself.
Go find better things to do.
am the 2nd person who liked this your post, if it were to be yesterday downwards I would've taken it as an insult but now?no its not

I now know that prayer is actually useless, I can't imagine all I passed through in the name of praying, starving my self in the name of fasting

I done quit
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by fubbyy(m): 11:54am On Jul 17, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: op, what do you need from god?
money?
if I start listing them, dis place no go contain am o
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by zeb04(f): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
From 1985 to now,you have been feeding,you don't have terminal illness,you are probably going to school or a graduate and just some day you decided to count your looses instead of your blessings

Am not here to encourage you anyways as a matter of fact you shld stop praying ....who knows,things might just turn out for the better.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
fubbyy: if I start listing them, dis place no go contain am o

Tell me the most important.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by fubbyy(m): 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
zeb04: From 1985 to now,you have been feeding,you don't have terminal illness,you are probably going to school or a graduate and just some day you decided to count your looses instead of your blessings

Am not here to encourage you anyways as a matter of fact you shld stop praying ....who knows,things might just turn out for the better.
if you think God did all that, what about people who never believed in God from birth and they are getting old, they still feed well, didn't have terminal sickness and go to school and graduated

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by joezakdeen(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
hw many year did Abraham and Sarah waited on God b4 Isaac came. Hw old are u? Pls u r not wiser dan God. I realy knw u hv a great testimony buh ur litle faith is blockin it. I hv neva seen a true righteous man whose descendants ar begers. Buh if u also say God has not done anytin fr u, u r d most ungreatful being on earth. (sory fr dat). There ar many forms of prayer ok which christians ar fortunate to b endowed. Giv tanx nd glorify His holy name fr the small God has done fr u nd surely, u wil hav a testimony. Dnt mind d muslims. They ar hypocrites nd deir quran quessed by muhammed perfectly says it. B proud of God thru Christ nd God wil b proud of u bro.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by joezakdeen(m): 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
hw many year did Abraham and Sarah waited on God b4 Isaac came. Hw old are u? Pls u r not wiser dan God. I realy knw u hv a great testimony buh ur litle faith is blockin it. I hv neva seen a true righteous man whose descendants ar begers. Buh if u also say God has not done anytin fr u, u r d most ungreatful being on earth. (sory fr dat). There ar many forms of prayer ok which christians ar fortunate to b endowed. Giv tanx nd glorify His holy name fr the small God has done fr u nd surely, u wil hav a testimony. Dnt mind d muslims. They ar hypocrites nd deir quran quessed by muhammed perfectly says it. B proud of God thru Christ nd God wil b proud of u bro. Buh i wil plead dat u read ur bible wel too
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by Weah96: 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
fubbyy: if you think God did all that, what about people who never believed in God from birth and they are getting old, they still feed well, didn't have terminal sickness and go to school and graduated

Good question. So what exactly are prayers for?
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by timmy2409(m): 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
Like mazaje said above, prayer is quite possibly the biggest illusion in all religion. If you pray for something, and it happens sometime down the line, God did it! And if it doesn't, God says wait, or God knows best.

But why should you even need to pray at all, if God already has a plan for you? We have all been predestined from birth according to the bible right?

Unsurprisingly, all of the studies carried out on the effects of intercessory prayer so far have shown that prayer has absolutely no effects on the recipients.

5 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by fubbyy(m): 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
timmy2409: Like mazaje said above, prayer is quite possibly the biggest illusion in all religion. If you pray for something, and it happens sometime down the line, God did it! And if it doesn't, God says wait, or God knows best.

But why should you even need to pray at all, if God already has a plan for you? We have all been predestined from birth according to the bible right?

Unsurprisingly, all of the studies carried out on the effects of intercessory prayer so far have shown that prayer has absolutely no effects on the recipients.

nice 1
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by qstar(m): 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
Prayer can never prevent anything from happening, neither can it cause anything to happen.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by timmy2409(m): 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
qstar:
Prayer can never prevent anything from happening, neither can it cause anything to happen.

Having been a Christian most my life, I'd say the effects of prayer are at best no different from those of a placebo pill.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
qstar:

@Op...My guy , you need to take your destiny into your hand . You are the captain of your soul . Let me be frank with you: i began to find happiness only when i stopped believing in an imaginary God !

the post above says it all.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by freethinker01: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
Prayer has been proven times without no to be useless and mere waste of time, when i 1st saw d post, i knew d xtain folks would come here, defend their god, Saying all sorts of rubbish and bullshit on how god has protected him till now. On a more serious note, most of the comments here today doesn't just make any sense @ all(the posters know themselves i.e. The god defenders). The fact is there's nobody answering any prayer so stop wasting ur damn precious time and put ur hand into use.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by malvisguy212: 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
fubbyy: nice 1
you did not open this thread for advice, you open it to mock God,if you had open it for advice, you would'av thank the my christians brother for the advice instead you praise an atheist, God know you before you were born, He know'S this day will come, if God had answer your prayer, you will still turn back against Him, you said, you have been praying since 1985 and today you are still alive to rebel against the same God that keep you alive.

Your own is even small compare to mine, by the grace of God am what I am today, when I was a little boy, I don't know how to pray I don't even go to church, am not a bad guy or good guy, I just live my life the way I like it, until one night when I bow in the presence of God.

Either you like it or not, you find a way to please your self when you commit sin, one thin for sure THERE IS GOD.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by brownideye: 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
op.....you are lying

who owns your life?
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? by qstar(m): 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
brownideye: op.....you are lying

who owns your life?

He owns his life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is The Reason Why Christians Still Masturbate And Even Fornicate / Holy Spirit / Suggest A Book/ Book Reviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.