Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone (1034 Views)

Governor Ambode Inspects Apapa Road (Photos) / Ashes And Death: What Boko Haram Left Behind In Baga - BBC / Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone by poca4real(m): 7:49am On Jul 17, 2014
Apapa road had become topics on air for over two weeks now.but i can see any move that FG moves to make life easy for people working around the port environment.instead,the pain grow harder daily without government intervention.

Is Our govt wait till when the Trucks and Containers drivers go on strike before they take actionwe are loosing milions of naira daily for falling container,losing life because of Danfo that pass one way due to no road.

Attached is the picture taking this morning at Coconut bus stop for falling and bad roads.

If you don't have something serious in this zone,you should stay back.
Re: Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone by poca4real(m): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2014
The Picture did not upload.......
Re: Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone by KwoiZabo(m): 8:08am On Jul 17, 2014
i'll soon upload this morning's pics. Three containers on the floor this morning alone. The whole place is now on stand still.

Re: Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone by KwoiZabo(m): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2014
Let me upload the other pics taken in the past 4weeks alone. These are the ones along my route only. There are several others i dont see.

Re: Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone by KwoiZabo(m): 8:44am On Jul 17, 2014
Please Journalists you don't need to come to Apapa you are free to publish these ones. So Nigerians should imagine the nature of traffic these would be causing. This road has become an embarrasment to the the country. For those that do not know where this is, it is the road in and out of not just Nigeria's biggest port but accomodates over 70% of the entire import and exports in and out of the country.

Re: Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone by ddestiny20(m): 8:47am On Jul 17, 2014
wow nigerians are you seeing this worst than hell
Re: Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone by luvinhubby(m): 9:10am On Jul 17, 2014
I think this is a case of glaring govt. insensitivity, driving to and from Apapa these days is a nightmare better imagined than experienced.
I pity the owners of those trucks and containers for the massive loss they are incuring daily on that route.
People spend an averaage of 3 - 4hours going to Apapa and it is very painful. It is the federal govt.`s responsibility to fix that road, which they doing a total make-over, but the state govt can at least do a palliative filling of those potholes and craters on that tin-can coconut road to ease commuters pains, there should a synergy between the state and federal govts on that road, at least it is all for the benefit Nigerains.
Re: Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone by oduastates: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2014
With anenih as port authority chairman(garrison commander) and a clannish president at the centre .what else do you expect.
This year,They have carted off 1.6 trillion naira from those ports already .
Is it not plain commonsense to take care of the bird laying the golden egg?
Re: Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone by sonickay(m): 10:20am On Jul 17, 2014
oduastates: With anenih as port authority chairman(garrison commander) and a clannish president at the centre .what else do you expect.
This year,They have carted off 1.6 trillion naira from those ports already .
Is it not plain commonsense to take care of the bird laying the golden egg?
You mean Anenih, the man must be napping/ sleeping as usual. That's his hobby, even at FEC meetings. I just wish Fashola can go out of the way and do something about it this time, highly irritating how disorganized we are in Nigeria, even to point of risking lives and not only properties.
Re: Apapa Road Becoming Worst And Death Zone by richeso: 10:58am On Jul 17, 2014
Before you say FG . What has LG done so far ?

(1) (Reply)

OSUN 2014: What Do You Think ? / Message To All Those Yeye Graduate / Final Poll Results President Jonathan VS Gen Mohammmadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.