Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? (909 Views)

Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / 2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / Will Jonathan Reverse The Fuel Price To =n= 65/litre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by hakunamatata1: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2014
It is almost three. months that the Jonathan
government has been “unable” to rescue over
200 abducted Chibok schoolgirls, and over three
years since the first sets of abducted boys and
girls have been with – and died at the hands of –
Boko Haram in Sambisa Forest, with the
government simply not being willing or able to
save them. As the agricultural economy is being
destroyed in the north, over 80,000 peasants
have been killed and three million northern
farmers displaced; the third highest
displacement in recent recorded world history.
Despite a quarter of Nigeria’s budget being
allocated to security, Nigeria’s insecurity is
worse than ever in our history, a worse level of
carnage than the civil war as Nobel laureate
Wole Soyinka stated. It is more than obvious
that the state of insecurity is paying off
elements in the nation’s military and government.
Terror pays.
A cover story in a recent edition of the
Vanguard reported the ascension of Nigeria to
the world’s top position in oil vandalism. Yes, we
are now officially Number One according to
OilPrice.com, a global organisation that reviewed
multiple countries and their rates of oil
pilferage. President Goodluck Jonathan gave
millions to an unrepentant Niger Delta terrorist
and gave him the rights to bear arms and finance
a parallel army, whose duty, the Reuben Abatis
claimed, was to secure the oil facilities in the
Niger Delta. Are we meant to believe that this
ex-militant is being financed and armed to
defend the nation from oil theft when today we
have the worst level of it in our history and have
achieved the Number One position in the world?
Certainly not.
The list of national criteria in which Nigeria
under Jonathan has achieved the worst ranking
in the world is no news. We have written on this,
times without number. We are all aware that
Nigeria is now Number one kidnap capital of the
world; most terrorised nation on earth; for
dangerous high sea piracy; in oil spill pollution;
and in poverty in cognisance of population/
economy figures. The list goes on and on. It is
also no news that the Jonathan government loves
criminals and terrorists; that for the four years
of this government, which also are the four
years of Boko Haram’s real reign of unlimited
terror, not a SINGLE sponsor of the terror
group has been convicted; that this government
frees all criminals and killers. We all know that
Abba Moro, whose ministry supervised the
recruitment test into the Nigeria Immigration
Service that killed 25 of us, is still the Minister
of the Interior; how Ayo Fayose, was sponsored
by Aso Rock to re-capture Ekiti; and we also
know of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha among others.
We know how Sani Abacha, who poisoned us to
death with deadly, imported petrol and stole our
billions of dollars, is honoured by Jonathan. Our
army today, once a very prestigious regionally
recognised force, has been diminished under
this government and is now globally recognised
for deadly corruption, hopelessness and terror-
aiding, known more for killing its own soldiers,
supplying arms and cover to terrorists and
inflicting direct terror on the citizenry with the
open burning of towns and public transport
buses.
With all this, as Nigeria falls down, down and
becomes a globally registered and acknowledged
nation of youth unemployment and state targeted
murder, oil pollution, terror politics, corruption,
over 70 per cent of treasury looting, insecurity
with armed robbery, kidnapping, child abduction,
high sea piracy, terror exportation, and every
terrible index there is, the question is – is there
any point where the President will apologise for
this incomprehensible wickedness?
Dr. Peregrino Brimah National Coordinator,
Every Nigerian Do Something.
drbrimah@ends.ng. Source?: www.punchng.com/opinion/letters/when-will-jonathan-apologise-to-nigeria/

Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by hakunamatata1: 8:05am On Jul 17, 2014
I read this in 2days news & felt the need to share. Soo on point. Enjoy!
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by Dreal1247: 8:05am On Jul 17, 2014
Just because Jonathan is not from the north, you people are cent no crucifying him. I think its high time this islam (religion of doom) should be wiped out. They have done more harm than good:-)

1 Like

Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by hakunamatata1: 8:19am On Jul 17, 2014
Dreal1247: Just because Jonathan is not from the north, you people are cent no crucifying him. I think its high time this islam (religion of doom) should be wiped out. They have done more harm than good:-)
. Did u bother reading @ all b4 rushing to type? Pls quit d blame shifting game & be objective here. This is no thread to bash ur 'Angelic' president. Face d facts & reality starring us in d face. The writer isn't a muslim & neither am I from d north
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by destino24(m): 8:33am On Jul 17, 2014
yeah, he will apologise, after OBJ

1 Like

Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by shizzle11(m): 9:48am On Jul 17, 2014
mtchewww
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by Hangard: 9:55am On Jul 17, 2014
After Northern leaders apologize for taking the country back to the stone age and for breeding almajiris.
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by hakunamatata1: 10:20am On Jul 17, 2014
destino24: yeah, he will apologise, after OBJ
. By every standard, OBJ was by miles a better leader. Resolute, definite & offered little hope compared to the state of hopelessness we r now. If 4 nothing, our military ws more professional & reverred!
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by hakunamatata1: 10:23am On Jul 17, 2014
Hangard: After Northern leaders apologize for taking the country back to the stone age and for breeding almajiris.
. Is that aan excuse 4 his ineffectiveness? Shun tribal bigotry pls
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by Hangard: 10:31am On Jul 17, 2014
hakunamatata1: . Is that aan excuse 4 his ineffectiveness? Shun tribal bigotry pls
My friend there is nothing tribal about this, the problem that we are facing today where created by the past leaders of which northern leaders have occupied large chunk of the post.
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by destino24(m): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2014
hakunamatata1: . By every standard, OBJ was by miles a better leader. Resolute, definite & offered little hope compared to the state of hopelessness we r now. If 4 nothing, our military ws more professional & reverred!

you can say whatever you want. everyone knows the truth
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by Dreal1247: 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
Have you ever bothered why the activities of boko haram increased with the exit of ihejirika from the military? The issue is beyond what you are thinking or can imagine. I just pray that God help this nation.
hakunamatata1: . Did u bother reading @ all b4 rushing to type? Pls quit d blame shifting game & be objective here. This is no thread to bash ur 'Angelic' president. Face d facts & reality starring us in d face. The writer isn't a muslim & neither am I from d north
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by ELOGBO: 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
Apology for what reason? the problem of Nigeria is not or never cause by Jonathan we all know that, so stop accusing Jonathan Dear Nigerianz friends
our pass Leaders cause all our problems there know too well that Jonathan is difference from them that why there fighting him in all form, But let me tel Nigerianz that GOD is Behind GOODLUCK JONATHAN.
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by hakunamatata1: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
ELOGBO: Apology for what reason? the problem of Nigeria is not or never cause by Jonathan we all know that, so stop accusing Jonathan Dear Nigerianz friends
our pass Leaders cause all our problems there know too well that Jonathan is difference from them that why there fighting him in all form, But let me tel Nigerianz that GOD is Behind GOODLUCK JONATHAN.
Apology 4 failing @ his duty. As d C-in-C, he's in charge of our security, safety regardleSs of wherever th threat is from. He knew it ws part of his job description b4 he applied. Truly, w'thout bias score him urself over 100%. Pls I wld like to see his result.
Re: When Will Jonathan Apologise To Nigerians? by hakunamatata1: 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dreal1247: Have you ever bothered why the activities of boko haram increased with the exit of ihejirika from the military? The issue is beyond what you are thinking or can imagine. I just pray that God help this nation.
brother, who calls the shots? Who does Ihejirika answer to? If ihejirika's tangible efforts were appreciated by his Boss, his tenure cld hav been extended 4 he had the capacity to. Y is it hard 4 him to get another Ihejirika? I won't blame robbers for successfully raiding my house time and again. It means my security system is faulty & I shld accept the blame 4 not outsmarting the robbers every time. We can keep playing d blame game. Bottomline is: Someone is not competent @ his Job. We need to fix our gaze @ d top.

(1) (Reply)

Al-qaeda Plans Final Jihad For India: Intel Report Points To Terror Recruitment / A thread to celebrate our Military men / South-west Collates 1.8m Signatures For Jonathan’s 2nd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.