Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! (1092 Views)

Nigerian Army Captain Who Leaked Ekiti Election Rigging Tape Speaks / How We Determined The Autheticity Of Leaked Tape On Ekiti Election- U.S FIRM / Fayose Rubbishes APC Audio Clips On Ekiti Election, Says 'It Is Fake' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by Titilayodeji13(m): 9:09am On Jul 17, 2014
You'll all agree with me that the drama that played out in the just concluded election in Ekiti have caused a paradigm shift in the South-West, aftermath of Ekiti election a particular guber aspirant have not only ride on Okada,buy guguru in open market but have also wear "Ankara lori Versace" in the name of getting farmiliar with the masses,the result of Ekiti election have also brought forth celebration dance across the S/W reawakening the winning spirit of PDP across the geopolitical zone. Ekiti Election have shown wonders that rice can perform among the Yoruba race either raw or cooked thereby giving rise to "Aregbe rice" "Ajumose rice and Akala rice.
However, of utmost interest to me is the impact the result of Ekiti election have had on governance in the Pace setting state, my fact finding drive through major locations in the state capital revealed that Gov Fayose's victory at the polls have returned Oyo state to square one.
Gov. Ajimobi may have his flaws but I give it all to him on orderliness, sanitation, security and general decorum in Oyo state but after Ekiti election, take a ride from Dugbe, Agbeni-Ogunpa market, Iwo road interchange, mokola,Bere, Oja'ba,Challenge, Apata, Bola Ige market and indeed all other major hotspots in Ibadan, it's free-for-all allover, street hawking has returned, indiscrininate parking of vehicles on major roads ,okada people now have a free day all over,the usual weekly sanitation is no more, a lot of things have gone the way they were four years ago, everything seem to be in shambles,the "YES O Cadet" have gone to hiding, all in the name of seeking the face of the masses, Gov Ajimobi have never been this soft in his quest to introduce decorum and sense of responsibilty in his people, why did he suddenly relax ? In a bid to seek re-election ? If this is the rule of the game, then are we ever going to develop ? Come to think of it, is the second term syndrome a blessing or a curse.
My million naira question to fellow Nigerians this morning is ;
With the second term syndrome, are we ever going to develop in Nigeria ?

5 Likes

Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by mikolo80: 12:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
Yes we will develop cos it will force governors to implement ppl friendly policies in first term while more draconian policies can be concentrated in second term. Although ultimately i believe its not the system but the ppl that make a system work
Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by Goandie: 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
bro make una forget about ekiti hmm, let start judgin after 2yrs if dey made d right choice or not coz no mata what u say nothing will change in ekiti
Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by deriod(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
I weep for my country ,politicking is destroying us,same thing in Lagos street hawking is beginning to show face ,when are going to develop as a nation if we keep going one step forward three step backward .
Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by collynzo2(m): 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
Ekiti Election have shown wonders that rice can perform among the Yoruba race either raw or cooked thereby giving rise to "Aregbe rice" "Ajumose rice and Akala rice.
Very interesting part of the article.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by thunderrider: 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
NO NO and NO

I am and will always be against second term.

Take a look back:-

how many of our returning politicians came to work / perform the

way they did during their first term?

Be it APC, PDP Labour, APGA.... or what have you.

Gbenga Daniel was awarded the best governor during his first term

what went wrong in his second .... is he not the same man.

Fashola nko? His first term was wonderful now what has he done?

the list can go on

but as for me one man one term GBAM

you'll be surprised at the rate which development which will be occuring

cos every man in power then will want to do more so as to ensure his / her party will be the

people's choice during the next election, knowing fully well that he/ she is

the certificate for the next person or else is party will be given the boot as his party's faith lies on his

performance

1 Like

Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by Aphrygian(m): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
@op it shall be well with you.honestly i weep for this nation if any goverment that wants to bring sanity to a nation is percieved anti masses.honestly there is no hope for this country,futhermore APÇ goofed walahi;y change the way you govern cos of reelection.
Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by blacksta(m): 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
I don't understand why ibos are having heart attack over sw affAirs. I am guessing it is case of if we can't have good goverance in the east let's pull down ther regions
Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by dubienatti(m): 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
[quote author=Titilayodeji13]You'll all agree with me that the drama that played out in the just concluded election in Ekiti have caused a paradigm shift in the South-West, aftermath of Ekiti election a particular guber aspirant have not only ride on Okada,buy guguru in open market but have also wear "Ankara lori Versace" in the name of getting farmiliar with the masses,the result of Ekiti election have also brought forth celebration dance across the S/W reawakening the winning spirit of PDP across the geopolitical zone. Ekiti Election have shown wonders that rice can perform among the Yoruba race either raw or cooked thereby giving rise to "Aregbe rice" "Ajumose rice and Akala rice.
However, of utmost interest to me is the impact the result of Ekiti election have had on governance in the Pace setting state, my fact finding drive through major locations in the state capital revealed that Gov Fayose's victory at the polls have returned Oyo state to square one.
Gov. Ajimobi may have his flaws but I give it all to him on orderliness, sanitation, security and general decorum in Oyo state but after Ekiti election, take a ride from Dugbe, Agbeni-Ogunpa market, Iwo road interchange, mokola,Bere, Oja'ba,Challenge, Apata, Bola Ige market and indeed all other major hotspots in Ibadan, it's free-for-all allover, street hawking has returned, indiscrininate parking of vehicles on major roads ,okada people now have a free day all over,the usual weekly sanitation is no more, a lot of things have gone the way they were four years ago, everything seem to be in shambles,the "YES O Cadet" have gone to hiding, all in the name of seeking the face of the masses, Gov Ajimobi have never been this soft in his quest to introduce decorum and sense of responsibilty in his people, why did he suddenly relax ? In a bid to seek re-election ? If this is the rule of the game, then are we ever going to develop ? Come to think of it, is the second term syndrome a blessing or a curse.
With the second term syndrome, are we ever going to develop in Nigeria ?[/quote ..
Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by dubienatti(m): 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
Titilayodeji13: You'll all agree with me that the drama that played out in the just concluded election in Ekiti have caused a paradigm shift in the South-West, aftermath of Ekiti election a particular guber aspirant have not only ride on Okada,buy guguru in open market but have also wear "Ankara lori Versace" in the name of getting farmiliar with the masses,the result of Ekiti election have also brought forth celebration dance across the S/W reawakening the winning spirit of PDP across the geopolitical zone. Ekiti Election have shown wonders that rice can perform among the Yoruba race either raw or cooked thereby giving rise to "Aregbe rice" "Ajumose rice and Akala rice.
Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by dubienatti(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
Titilayodeji13: You'll all agree with me that the drama that played out in the just concluded election in Ekiti have caused a paradigm shift in the South-West, aftermath of Ekiti election a particular guber aspirant have not only ride on Okada,buy guguru in open market but have also wear "Ankara lori Versace" in the name of getting farmiliar with the masses,the result of Ekiti election have also brought forth celebration dance across the S/W reawakening the winning spirit of PDP across the geopolitical zone. Ekiti Election have shown wonders that rice can perform among the Yoruba race either raw or cooked thereby giving rise to "Aregbe rice" "Ajumose rice and Akala rice.
haba bros,,, don't b sad, just look at d bright side..at least dem politician now realize dat d electorate is king..it wil get better wit time...
Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by Faun(m): 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
blacksta: I don't understand why ibos are having heart attack over sw affAirs. I am guessing it is case of if we can't have good goverance in the east let's pull down ther regions

Is the OP, Titlayo Deji, now Igbo?
I don't know why you just can't grow yourself a brain.
Stop obsessing over Igbos please. You inbreds are the ones who constantly open threads for us, begging us to join your APeeShit party while asking us what GEJ has done for us in our region. Ever digging your nose into our affairs, ever crying about the 96% votes Jonathan got in the South East like you know a f..u.cking soul there.
Abeg, ejoo, biko, face your f..u.cking affairs and leave us out of your misery. Celebrate your APeeShit alone.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:the Ekiti Election That Takes Oyo State Back To Square One !!! by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
ok

(1) (Reply)

Stella Odua, Others Get Fuel Import Contract / #BREAKING: Another Explosion Hits Kano State / JUSUN Denies Suspending Nationwide Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.