Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! (3917 Views)

See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today / He Scammed Her Of 70k And Still Wants To Sleep With Her / Top Up You Airtel Line Using Quickteller – No Atm, No Internet Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2014
Just yesterday i recieved a mail from Quickteller , on how to protect your account from fraudster/scammers.
I believed most of us use quickteller on a daily basis , so i had know option than to share the rules with you, because we have to be scam smart.
“Fraudsters and scammers are continuously coming up with “clever” ways to get unsuspecting internet users to part with personal information that can lead to unauthorised access of their accounts. Below are 8 rules which will help prevent this from happening to you our dear customer”.

The rules are as follows:
1. Do not reply any email asking you to update yourQuickteller, ATM/debit card details or PIN
2. Pay special attention to the email address of the sender
3.When logging on to Quickteller always confirm that the web address/URL itself begins with https://www.quickteller.com/ or https://m.quickteller.com/ AND that the secure padlock icon is present
4.When entering your card details on Interswitch Webpay always confirm that the web address/URL itself begins with https://webpay.interswitc hng.com/ AND that the secure padlock icon is present before going ahead
5.Keep your antivirus software updated and run complete virus scans regularly
6.Do not share your PIN or passwords with anyone
7. Interswitch/Quickteller will not ask for your entire card details and PIN via email.
8.When in doubt, send an email attaching the suspicious email and web address/URL to us at consumersupport@ Interswitchng.com or call 01-9065000..
PLEASE FOLLOW THE ABOVE RULE TO AVOID BEING SCAMMED BY SCAMMERS…

Credit: http://quickteller.com

Incase you have any other Security tips , feel free to share it
Source : http://techcribng.com/8-rules-follow-avoid-scammed-quickteller/

2 Likes

Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by tr3y(m): 10:32am On Jul 17, 2014
Nice share.
Saw this in my mail yesterday!
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2014
tr3y: Nice share.
Saw this in my mail yesterday!
yes you are ryt.. Everybody must follow these rules.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by Omexonomy: 10:54am On Jul 17, 2014
Destroying the activities of fraudsters and scammers in nigeria is a collective effort. We all should joing hands to send them into hell fire.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by BRCOL70: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2014
baseg25: yes you are ryt.. Everybody must follow these rules.

Thanks, I got it in my mail too!
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2014
Omexonomy: Destroying the activities of fraudsters and scammers in nigeria is a collective effort. We all should joing hands to send them into hell fire.
yes you are ryt.. Let join hands together to take this Country to the nextlevel
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by marcjoe(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2014
ADMIN PLS MOVE THIS TO FRONTPAGE.....alot of ppl need to b aware of dis.....

Get ur 16gb, 32gb, 64gb sdcard for phone/camera from d link below

www.nairaland.com/1570564/get-16gb32gb-memory-card-phonecamera
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2014
marcjoe: ADMIN PLS MOVE THIS TO FRONTPAGE.....alot of ppl need to b aware of dis
Yes you are ryt, alot of pple need ds tips
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by BRCOL70: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2014
marcjoe: ADMIN PLS MOVE THIS TO FRONTPAGE.....alot of ppl need to b aware of dis.....

I pray they do.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by segtak25: 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
marcjoe: ADMIN PLS MOVE THIS TO FRONTPAGE.....alot of ppl need to b aware of dis
nice info.
Admin shld pls put these on homepage because everybody need these tips.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by stano2(m): 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
pls can i use my visa card for quickteller services
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by segtak25: 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
stano2: pls can i use my visa card for quickteller services
yes you can

1 Like

Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by biomedixexcel(m): 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nothing new here jare
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
biomedixexcel: Nothing new here jare
that is for you buh remember othes don't know these.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by stano2(m): 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
segtak25: yes you can
tanks...but the app on my BB shows VERVE card only
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by stano2(m): 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
stano2: tanks...but the app on my BB shows VERVE card only
why can't you use their website.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by femi4: 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
stano2: tanks...but the app on my BB shows VERVE card only
No, you can't use VISA, only VERVE and MASTER CARD allowed

3 Likes

Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by leo1234(m): 12:17am On Jul 18, 2014
Which is better btw quickteller, eazymoney and gtb mobile money?
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 7:20am On Jul 18, 2014
femi4: No, you can't use VISA, only VERVE and MASTER CARD allowed
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 8:32am On Jul 18, 2014
thanks segtak.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by francis247(m): 9:16am On Jul 18, 2014
Since when? The last time I checked Dollar and other foreign currency cards are not allowed on their website or app.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2014
francis247: Since when? The last time I checked Dollar and other foreign currency cards are not allowed on their website or app.
this is what i know you can do
To get started, sign up and sign in to www.quickteller.com
Click the on the Send and Receive Money tile
Click the Western Union tile
Under “Choose currency” select “Naira”
Click “Receive money now” and the Western Union – Receive Money data page opens
Now carefully enter the following details:
The MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) as provided by the sender
Sender’s Country
Receiving account number i.e. your bank account number where you wish to receive the funds
Receiving account type i.e. either current or savings
Expected Amount in Naira as provided by the sender
Under Receiving Currency leave the name of the bank and Naira as default.
First Name (Receiving Account) which is your account first name as it appears at your bank
Surname (Receiving Account) which is your account surname as it appears at your bank
Mobile Number – your mobile number
Answer to test question as provided by the sender
Click “Continue”
Confirm the details provided.
That's all.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by Karleb(m): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2014
I only use quickteller on ATM so, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2014
Karleb: I only use quickteller on ATM so, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
there is o, just follow these tip.
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Uhm
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by segtak25: 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
[quote author=stano2][/quote] ok
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by segtak25: 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
francis247: Since when? The last time I checked Dollar and other foreign currency cards are not allowed on their website or app.
you can
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by NEROSKY(m): 3:06am On Jul 19, 2014
I don't use quick teller but this thread should on fp
Re: 8 Important Rules To Follow To Avoid Getting Scammed By Using Quickteller!! by baseg25(m): 5:27am On Jul 19, 2014
NEROSKY: I don't use quick teller but this thread should on fp
abi o, buh its just like no mod is listening

(1) (2) (Reply)

Upcoming Infinix HOT 3 Smartphone From Infinix Mobility / New Etisalat 200mb For 200naira / Best Android Phones Under 40,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.