Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

What's Your Take On This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Take On This? (1724 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
"A true wife must be a good cook in the kitchen, a house-help in the parlour and a prostitute in the bedroom."
Re: What's Your Take On This? by RoyalRoy(m): 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
And what qualities does a true husband pocess?
He must be willing to receive, receive and nothing more Abi?

Oturugbeke

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
smurfy: "A true wife must be a good cook in the kitchen, a house-help in the parlour and a prostitute in the bedroom."

NONSENSE! angry

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On This? by apolonius(m): 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
alutacontinua:

NONSENSE! angry

Real nonsense. What happened to freedom of love and the charity culture that marriage celebrate?

'Must' is not the word, a true couple I will say live for each other and do all they can to make the shared life happy.smiley
Re: What's Your Take On This? by TV01(m): 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
smurfy: "A true wife must be a good cook in the kitchen, a house-help in the parlour and a prostitute in the bedroom."

Ergo a husband must enjoy well prepared food, not be to bothered about cleaning up after himself and always take his wallet to bed.

You are hereby demoted back to the "Romance" sction. No parole for at least 5 years.

"Smurfy" huh?

TV

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On This? by Hookah(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
Goodluck in your search and if you've found dat b¡tch who'll do all that....congrats to your sickass
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
TV01:

Ergo a husband must enjoy well prepared food, not be to bothered about cleaning up after himself and always take his wallet to bed.

You are hereby demoted back to the "Romance" sction. No parole for at least 5 years.

"Smurfy" huh?

TV

This isn't my belief or stand on the role of the woman in the home. A married colleague actually gave this out as an advice to an unmarried female colleague. Just wanted to know your stand on the issue.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by beeevan: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
Very daft assertion.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
beeevan: Very daft assertion.

A lot of you aren't looking at the assertion deeply.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nnekacherry: 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
Juvenile..
Re: What's Your Take On This? by apolonius(m): 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
The comments are directed at whoever the source is. The source is being practical,but the must negates the spirit of love that dictate these things. Marriage no be job na.smiley
Re: What's Your Take On This? by beeevan: 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
smurfy:

A lot of you aren't looking at the assertion deeply.

There is nothing deep about it, on the grand scheme of things? Nothing....
Re: What's Your Take On This? by SAMBARRY: 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
alutacontinua:

NONSENSE! angry
AND INGREDIENT angry
Re: What's Your Take On This? by SAMBARRY: 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
VERY BORING PIECE OF SHIT undecided
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
beeevan:

There is nothing deep about it, on the grand scheme of things? Nothing....

Maybe you're right or maybe you're just offended because she used the words "house-help" and "prostitute'. Remember the words were used by one of your kind - an experienced one at that.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by beeevan: 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
smurfy:

Maybe you're right or maybe you're just offended because she used the words "house-help" and "prostitute'. Remember the words were used by one of your kind - an experienced one at that.

It depends on the field that "Kind" of yours is experienced in and no, am not offended as your Kind's choice of words is not my concern.

It's only a simpleton that will have monetarily affordable qualities as his main prerequisite of a true wife. A really experienced " Kind" knows that it takes much more than being a Buka woman, a househelp and an ikiri to be a good wife.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On This? by egopersonified(f): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
Just over emphasizing the roles
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Lolaabokoku(f): 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
Bulshitology
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
beeevan:

It depends on the field that "Kind" of yours is experienced in and no, am not offended as your Kind's choice of words is not my concern.

It's only a simpleton that will have monetarily affordable qualities as his main prerequisite of a true wife. A really experienced " Kind" knows that it takes much more than being a Buka woman, a househelp and an ikiri to be a good wife.

You still don't get it. The words used are not to be taken literally.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by beeevan: 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
smurfy:

You still don't get it. The words used are not to be taken

Ok
Re: What's Your Take On This? by christybabe(f): 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
I think I understand the op, is jst that his topic is Over rated. @op wat ur Frnd meant was that a wife, should learn how to be a cook in the kitchen, a princess in the home, not a house help, and a LovePeddler in the bedroom. I have read it somewhere.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 18, 2014
christybabe: I think I understand the op, is jst that his topic is Over rated. @op wat ur Frnd meant was that a wife, should learn how to be a cook in the kitchen, a princess in the home, not a house help, and a LovePeddler in the bedroom. I have read it somewhere.

Okay. I think we all prefer this version. If what you've given is the original version, then I can imagine where the derogatory version came from. May God help the male folks. smiley
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 18, 2014

Or else what? The husband will then cheat right? I've seen this ridiculous stuff many times in other sites. So if a wife must be all of these, that means a true husband must be rich enough to be on forbes list and never go broke, must be romantic, must be meek and calm like jesus at all times whether the wife takes him for granted or not and must be perfect in bedmatics.
His d1ck must Never Fail or else.........

grin grin grin

Nice combination. cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 18, 2014
''A true husband must bring good cash for the kitchen , a house-assistant in the parlour and a stallion with stamina in the bedroom.''
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Mamaflex(f): 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
RoyalRoy: And what qualities does a true husband pocess?
He must be willing to receive, receive and nothing more Abi?

Oturugbeke
Bros are you from Edo state? I can relate to that slag "Oturugbeke" grin
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mamaflex: Bros are you from Edo state? I can relate to that slag "Oturugbeke" grin

What does it mean, please.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Good question-answer.

I suggest you read the whole thread. It's no attack on anyone really.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
smurfy:

I suggest you read the whole thread. It's no attack on anyone really.

I didn't take it as an attack. I just liked her reply.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by EfemenaXY: 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
smurfy:

No. smiley

Why not?

Or isn't she a "true" wife?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Living With Your Parents And You're Above 18: Whose Fault? / Coping As A Single Mother / You Can Now Get This At A Give Away Price!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.