Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! (2719 Views)

Can Nigeria Ever Be A First World Country? / Ex-FRSC Boss Buys Off Govt’s 7-day Old N13m Jeep As Scrap, Paying N150,000 / Gunboats And Landing Craft Of The Nigerian Army Amphibious Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by citizenisb: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20140715-meet-the-sport-utility-vessel

“Once you enter the water, you put the transmission in neutral, pull a knob to engage the jet, push a button to raise the wheels and off you go,” he explains. “Then you just reverse the process when exiting the water.”

Power comes from a Honda-sourced 3.7-litre V6 engine (the same one used in the last-generation Acura MDX sport-utility vehicle) matched to a four-speed manual transmission. On water, aided by hydraulically powered retractable wheels and a moulded fibreglass hull (the fruit of more than 100 test designs), the engine enables the 15-foot-long, 2,950-pound Panther to max out at a more-than-respectable 44mph. On terra firma, the craft will hit 100mph (though the company cautions that speeds above 55mph are not advisable).

Selby says the Panther, which is capable of carrying about 700 pounds, is unsinkable, thanks to a hull cavity filled with 32 cubic feet of closed-cell foam.
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by citizenisb: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
A complete, turnkey Panther sells for a cool $155,000; a $126,000 "turnkey minus" model allows buyers to install the engine of their choice (provided said engine is a 3.5- or 3.7-litre Honda V6).

Selby says WaterCar has sold close to 100 Panthers so far, with customers ranging from Middle Eastern sheiks to Silicon Valley titans.
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by experimentist: 1:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
Picture or nothing
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by citizenisb: 1:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is the Picture

1 Like

Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by citizenisb: 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
Other Pictures

Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by experimentist: 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
citizenisb: This is the Picture
Gud, now that is something. Can it go under water?
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by fyneguy: 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
experimentist: Gud, now that is something. Can it go under water?

Bros, wetin u dey find under water? grin

4 Likes

Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by citizenisb: 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
These are the cars of the future. You can cruise through the Lagos lagoon and from lekki, use your jeep to your office. No hold up of third mainland bridge to delay you again

3 Likes

Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by iterator25: 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
experimentist: Gud, now that is something. Can it go under water?

6 Likes

Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by rman: 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lagosians!

Your problem have been solved.

Ikorodu people working on the island, this is for you!

Oyinbo people, solving human race problem since 0001

6 Likes

Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by myads890(m): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
Not bad for N27,000,000

1 Like

Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by Pangea: 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
I want one!
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by hazyfm: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
REAL GOOD
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by UyiIredia(m): 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
rman: Lagosians!

Your problem have been solved.

Ikorodu people working on the island, this is for you!

Oyinbo people, solving human race problem since 0001
@ bolded: SMH
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by experimentist: 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
fyneguy:

Fine-fine mammy water babes.. cry
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by Oklander: 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lol, you go fear hold-up inside water for Lagos Lagoon na.
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by Icudkill: 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
i can categorically tell you itz not the first
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by citizenisb: 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
Do you know how many of my posts have passed 500 views without making the front page. I know there is a gang up against me but for the sake of information dissemination try and front page important info, thanks.

The black man pull me down syndrome is truly appalling .
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by Marotzke(m): 6:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
myads890: Not bad for N27,000,000
By the time e go reach naija , the price go don reach N60, 000, 000. remember 70% duty, Shipping cost and dealer mark up. If Niger Delta governors venture to adopt it as the official swagg vehicle pereren! The price go just reach N100,000, 000. I trust Naija peeps on that.
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by bestman09(m): 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
Marotzke: By the time e go reach naija , the price go don reach N60, 000, 000. remember 70% duty, Shipping cost and dealer mark up. If Niger Delta governors venture to adopt it as the official swagg vehicle pereren! The price go just reach N100,000, 000. I trust Naija peeps on that.

LWKMD!
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by Chanchit: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
fyneguy:

He wan confirm say mami water is real..
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Now u're talking!!! Built to spec of the militants in the nigerdelta!!!
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by citizenisb: 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
With all the money in Niger Delta, some big boy politicians and militants should start acquiring these vehicles
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by Abbey2sam(m): 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
myads890: Not bad for N27,000,000

I will wait for the tokunbo
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by citizenisb: 11:38am On Jul 18, 2014
I hope Dangote and Otedola wont be posing with these very soon
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 18, 2014
citizenisb: I hope Dangote and Otedola wont be posing with these very soon

And if they do
Re: First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! by jsunex(m): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nice 1

(1) (Reply)

11 Reasons Why Ndigbo In Lagos State Supports Jimi Agbaje Of Pdp / Femi Gbajabiamila Suspended In Georgia For Collecting $25,000 / Real Reason Why I Married Oshiomhole-fortes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.