Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. (3729 Views)

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released / Mastermind Of Kenya Mall Attack, Escaped Being Caught In Nigeria / Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by bawomolo(m): 1:35am On Oct 13, 2008
lol aguyi ironsi wasn't part of the ist coup oh.  the coup was actually a failure and lots of the coup plotters were jailed.  there's no doubt there was a disproportionate killing of yoruba and hausa officers in the coup.  most of the majors that spearheaded the coup were igbo.

but do you know that the last time an Igbo governor fixed a "federal road" a law suit was instituted? Igbos will be very happy to de-federalize all roads, hospitals, schools, etc;

this is no excuse since state ran infrastructure in eastern states are decaying too. these are eastern states with larger budgets than there northern counterparts.  the whole awusa's and Yoruba Yoruba people are prosecuting us thing, is vastly exaggerated.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by lucabrasi(m): 1:58am On Oct 13, 2008
doyin13:

the long term benefits. . . . .well it would be fulfilling the dreams of a nationalist movement grin grin grin

and hopefully shut these self obsessed idiots up once and forall
hmmmn, no wonder the clamour for secession isnt getting hundreds of thousands of ibo men and women supporting them lol
@poster
you guys are better off clamouring for more power in the centre/parliamentary style of government first you will get more support and most people wont see you as simply a rabble rouser or a bitter fanatic living in the past,like someone pointed out if you were so bent on seceession then maybe you should start by rejecting our federal allocation and start spening your own money after all you have more than enough,you are like a child calling for independence from useless parents yet you are happy to get money for your education,feeding off them
irrespective of who participated in the first or second coup,the fact remains that the coup was a prescedent to the whole war
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by naijaking1: 2:04am On Oct 13, 2008
It sounds unbelievable that a state government should not mess with federal roads. While I don't justify the unfortunate policy, it is a fact that designated federal roads belong to the government, and after initial squables about fixing these roads in the 80s, current Igbo governors have simply found better use for their federal allocations.

Road policy in Nigeria is one of those short-sighted, and some people would say punitive policies of various federal governments. You know in many countries, the importance and attention a road recieves depends on it's commercial, industrial, and social use; not in Nigeria. If amount of traffic is used to calculate whether to repair(as it should), the Onitsha-Benin-Ore-Lagos road would have been the best maintained in the whole country, but we know the road recieves less attention than many in less busy federal roads in the north. This is a bad policy that all reasonable people must condemn, you don't have to travel the bad roads, or be injured in an accident on that road to know that the policy is not a good one. Better still, the federal government could hands-off all roads and mandate local and state government to fix their roads.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Oct 13, 2008
Better still, the federal government could hands-off all roads and mandate local and state government to fix their roads.

The State Government's themselves have yet to show they are capable of handling the additional responsibility that would follow should the above happen. If the government's are unable, up to this point, to handle the local and state roads that they are responsible for, why would handing over federal road improve or help the situation? I mean it seems easier to push the blame off onto the federal government but at what point do you fault the individual government's for the decay that is state roads?
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by naijaking1: 4:45am On Oct 13, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The State Government's themselves have yet to show they are capable of handling the additional responsibility that would follow should the above happen. If the government's are unable, up to this point, to handle the local and state roads that they are responsible for, why would handing over federal road improve or help the situation? I mean it seems easier to push the blame off onto the federal government but at what point do you fault the individual government's for the decay that is state roads?

The above statement shows that you have no idea what well known state/regional companies used to do. Ever heard about the famous engineering and construction companies of eastern, western, and even northern nigeria. State construction, management, and repair of roads has been done, and could be done again.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by bawomolo(m): 4:48am On Oct 13, 2008
it can still be done under the current arrangement. fashola is doing it in lagos and even gbenga daniels in ogun state is doing it. we need to stop giving these state governors and commissioners passes.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Kobojunkie: 4:56am On Oct 13, 2008
naijaking1:

The above statement shows that you have no idea what well known state/regional companies used to do. Ever heard about the famous engineering and construction companies of eastern, western, and even northern nigeria. State construction, management, and repair of roads has been done, and could be done again.

I will continue to follow  you down this "yellow brick road" you are leading me, so I can at least get one solid answer from you eventually. 

State construction, management, and repair of roads has been done, and could be done again.

Why are these government's not consistent? When were they last done and when do you think they could be done again? I still see no reason why the states should get federal roads when these states have yet to show they are capable of taking care of their own state roads. eg Abia State. I mentioned Faulks road on another thread. I remember at a time I used to drive past that road on occassion, on my way to port harcourt. That road remains a death trap, over 15 years later. That road happens to lead to a major market in that state but to this day, it is in serious decay. There have been so many plans to fix but never actually fixed, and this is the case with most all the surrounding roads.  The  federal government not doing a good job, or any job with the federal roads, is not enough reason to hand these roads over to state governments who themselves have not shown they are capable of handling the building and maintainance of their own roads. That is bad practise.

bawomolo:

it can still be done under the current arrangement. fashola is doing it in lagos and even gbenga daniels in ogun state is doing it. we need to stop giving these state governors and commissioners passes.

right on!
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Ifygurl: 8:01am On Oct 13, 2008
Will YOU PEOPLE JUST SHUT UP.

Massob or whatever. I'm Igbo and i agree with alot of the Yoruba/Hausa's here. OMG move on from the past and return to the present. I don't see the Biafra war happening now.
Okay now. Igbo people yes many of our people haven't been president and the only one that was was Nnamdi Azikiwe. He was among the best leaders Nigeria had. He did his job right but people we should stop blaming each other for everything and for godsake work together to take care our people. Jeez, if the president isn't going to help, then lets hope the governors of each state in Nigeria will. Take Anambra for example: The new Governor is doing the best he can to bring that state out of the misery past governor put it into. And his trying his best to make that state one of the best in Nigeria and my mother recently visited there and she just couldn't stop saying what his doing. Lets just pray for a better tomorrow. I know Nigeria has more tribes than all African countries but it's a shame how much we argue over.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by lucabrasi(m): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2008
hmm, and here goes again, the main topic being derailed whats federal or state roads got to do with perceived injustice of the ibos and raila odinga's speech
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by nigeria12: 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2008
what we need is a president without power.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Eziachi: 1:02am On Oct 16, 2008
debosky:

@ Quotasyte

Surviving by 'clinging on' to Igbos?  grin grin grin

Now that is hilarious. I guess in all your tribalistic/secessionist fervour, you missed out on what Odinga did to remedy the situation.

Did he take the Luo tribe out of Kenya? No - he made sure he built a strong political network and support, not only from his own tribe, but from many other smaller tribes around the country so that they could effectively battle the erstwhile dominant Kikuyu tribe, and by doing that, he has achieved representation for his people at the highest/near highest level as prime minister.

Is this your question, a selective memory of what Odinga said or was it that you don't understand English language? Wasn't this, the question Odinga asked?: If a section is allowed to vote but are not allowed to be voted for because you don't trust them, why are we here?

That is exactly what the man said. meaning, if in his native Kenya, some group of people decided to adopt an illegal agreement to rotate the presidency as a scheme to deprive his Luo tribe a short at the leadership, his sentiment is that his tribe has no business been in Kenya.

What Orila is telling you Nigerians is that you should be thankful that you have a bunch of rogue Igbo elites who saw nothing wrong with the humiliation that their people suffers inside Nigeria as long as they are given the crumps to pick up. If we had the elite that reason as Raila Odinga, Nigerian must have woken up to the reality of Biafra by now.

Like the way most Nigerians reasons, an idiot here was even envoking countries like Tajikistan, on whether they are richer outside the Soviet enclave or poorer? That is the most senselss and idiotic sentiment I have come across. Freedom is not about how much dollar you got in your back pocket. It's the ability to exercise your right to do things your way and the way you want it without any harasment from any quater. But what this idiot failed to comprehend was the fact that he wouldn't have heard of Georgia, Ukriane or his Tajikistan and others had it not been to the collapse of Soviet Union. The only group that misses the Soviet Union are those Neo Communist Russians because they dominated the affairs.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Eziachi: 1:07am On Oct 16, 2008
Ifygurl:

Massob or whatever. I'm Igbo and i agree with alot of the Yoruba/Hausa's here. OMG move on from the past and return to the present.  I don't see the Biafra war happening now.
Okay now.  Igbo people yes many of our people haven't been president and the only one that was was Nnamdi Azikiwe. He was among the best leaders Nigeria had.  He did his job right but people we should stop blaming each other for everything and for godsake work together to take care our people.  Jeez, if the president isn't going to help, then lets hope the governors of each state in Nigeria will. Take Anambra for example:  The new Governor is doing the best he can to bring that state out of the misery past governor put it into. And his trying his best to make that state one of the best in Nigeria and my mother recently visited there and she just couldn't stop saying what his doing.  Lets just pray for a better tomorrow.  I know Nigeria has more tribes than all African countries but it's a shame how much we argue over.

Anu Mpam,
What exactly is your point? And I bet your mummy told you too that you are Igbo?
Onye apari!!!!!!!
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by nigeria12: 2:04am On Oct 16, 2008
Your igbo body is the worst i ever see. contractors claim to be igbo leaders.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Ellyptical: 2:35am On Oct 16, 2008
The Igbos will rise back to being the forces behind Nigeria as we once were.
We gave you guys the independence. The brits acknowledge the the Igbos are good in Technology and business.
Wasn't it indigenous technology that enabled us to build bombs that enabled us to match Nigeria for 30 Months even when our borders were barricaded to prevent any supplies from outside?

Read Chinua Achebe's Speech @ The Guardina Silver Jubilee
What Nigeria is to me, by Achebe

On October 9, The Guardian marked its Silver Jubilee with a lecture and keynote speech at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA), Victoria Island, Lagos by two illustrious sons of Africa. Nigeria's literary giant, Prof. Chinua Achebe delivered the keynote address. He was not 'physically present,' to deliver his address, but for over 30 minutes, the NIIA auditorium resonated with Achebe's voice. The dignitaries on the high table made way for Achebe, as his image, projected on the screen behind the table spoke of "What Nigeria is to me." On the wall behind the screen and Achebe was draped the Kenyan flag. The Prime Minister of the Republic of Kenya Rt. Hon Raila Amolo Odinga, soon took the stage with his lecture "Democracy and the challenge of Good Governance in Africa." The two submissions are reproduced here again.

NIGERIAN nationality was for me and my generation an acquired taste like cheese or better still like ballroom dance. Not dancing per se for that came naturally, but this titillating version of slow, slow, quick, quick, slow performed in close body contact with a female in rivalry with an elusive beat. I found however, that once I had overcome my initial awkwardness, I could do it pretty well. Perhaps, these irreverent analogies would only occur to someone like me born into a strongly multi-ethnic, multi-lingual multi-religious somewhat chaotic colonial situation.

The first passport I ever carried described me as a British protected person. An unexciting identity embodied in a phrase that no one was likely to die for. I don't mean it was entirely devoid of emotional meaning. After all, British meant we were located somewhere in the vast flaming red portion of the world map that covered a quarter of the entire globe in those days and was called the British Empire where the sun never set. It had a ring to it in my childhood ears, a magical fraternity, vague but vicariously glorious. But I am jumping ahead of myself. My earliest awareness in the town of Ogidi did not include any of the British stuff, nor indeed the Nigerian stuff. That came with progress in school.

Ogidi is an Igbo town, one of a thousand or more towns that made up the Igbo nation, one of Nigeria's and indeed Africa's largest ethnic groups. But the Igbo numbering over 10 million are a curious nation. They have been called names like stateless, acephalous and such terms by anthropologists, argumentative by others, especially those who were sent to administer them. But what the Igbo are, is not the negative suggested by such descriptions, but strongly positive in favour of small-scale political organisation, so that as they say, every man's eye would reach where things are happening; so every one of the thousand towns was a mini state, with complete jurisdiction over its affairs.

A sense of civic attachment to their numerous towns was more real for pre-colonial Igbo people than any unitary pan-Igbo feeling. This made them, the Igbo people notoriously difficult to govern centrally as the British discovered but never appreciated nor quite forgave. The British dislike was demonstrated during the Biafra tragedy when they accused the Igbo of threatening to break up a nation state they had carefully and laboriously put together.

The paradox of Biafra was that the Igbo themselves had originally championed the Nigerian nation more spiritedly than other Nigerians, perhaps. One proof of this - the British had thrown more of them into jail for sedition than any others during the two decades or so of pre-independence agitation and trouble making. So the Igbo were second to none in the nationalist front when Britain finally conceded independence to Nigeria in 1960; a move that in introspect seems like a masterstroke of tactical withdrawal to achieve a supreme strategic advantage.

At the time we were proud of what we had achieved as Nigerians. True Ghana had beaten us to it by three years. But then Ghana was a tiny affair, easy to manage compared to the huge lumbering giant that is Nigeria. We Nigerians did not have to be vociferous like Ghana, just our presence was enough. Indeed the elephant was our national emblem; our airline was a flying elephant. Nigerian troops soon distinguished themselves in a big way in the United Nations Peace keeping operations in the Congo. Our elephant was defying aerodynamics and flying. Traveling as a Nigerian was exciting. People listened to us; our money was worth more than the dollar. When the driver of a bus in the British colony of Northern Rhodesia in 1961 asked me what I was doing sitting in the front of the bus. I told him nonchalantly that I was going to Victoria Falls. In amazement he stooped lower and asked me where I came from. I replied, even more casually, Nigeria, if you must know. And by the way, in Nigeria, we sit where we like in the bus.

Back home, I took up the rather important position of Director of External broadcasting, an entirely new radio service aimed primarily at our African neighbours. I could do it in those days because our politicians were yet to learn the uses of information control and did not immediately attempt to regiment our output. They were learning fast though. But before I could get enmeshed in that, something much nastier had seized hold of all of us. The six-year old Nigerian federation was falling apart under severe strain of regional animosity and ineffectual central authority. The transparent failure of the electoral process to translate the will of the electorate into recognisable results at the polls led to mass frustration and violence.

While Western Nigeria, one of the four regions, was going up literarily in flames, the quiet and dignified Nigerian Prime Minister was hosting the Commonwealth Conference to extricate Harold Wilson from the mess he got himself into in far away Rhodesia. But so tense was the local situation in Nigeria that the visiting heads of government had to be airlifted by helicopter from the Lagos airport to a secluded suburb to avoid the rampaging crowds.

Nigeria's first military coup took place even as those dignitaries were flying out of Lagos at the end of their conference. One of them, Archbishop Macarios of Cyprus was in fact still in the country when the coup happened. The Prime Minister and two regional Premiers were killed by the coup makers. In the bitter suspicious atmosphere of the time, a naively idealistic coup proved a terrible disaster. It was interpreted with plausibility as a plot by the ambitious Igbo of the East to take control of Nigeria from the Hausa Fulani North.

Six months later, northern officers carried out what was perhaps a revenge coup in which they killed Igbo officers and men in large numbers. If it had ended there, the matter might have been seen as a very tragic, very sad interlude in nation building, a horrendous tit for tat. But the northerners turned on Igbo civilians living in the North and unleashed waves of brutal massacres, which Colin Legum of the Observer first described as a pogrom, the first time many people in Nigeria, heard that word. It was estimated that 30,000 civilians, men, women children died in those massacres. Igbos were fleeing in hundreds of thousands from all parts of Nigeria to their homeland in the East.

I was one of the last to flee from Lagos. I simply could not bring myself at first to accept that I could no longer live in my nation's capital although the facts clearly said so. One Sunday morning, I was telephoned from Broadcasting House and informed that armed soldiers who appeared drunk had come looking for me to test, which was stronger - their gun or my pen. The offence of my pen was that it had written a novel called "A Man of the People" a bitter satire on political corruption in an African country that resembled Nigeria. I wanted the novel to be a denunciation of the kind of independence we were experiencing in post-colonial Nigeria and many other countries in the 1960s. And I intended it to scare my countrymen into good behavior with a freightening cautionary tale. The best monster I could come up with was a military coup d'Ztat, which every sane Nigerian at the time knew was rather farfetched, could never happen in Nigeria. But life and art had got so entangled that the publication of the novel and Nigeria's first military coup happened within two days of each other. Critics abroad called me a prophet. But some of my countrymen saw it differently. They saw my novel as proof of my complicity in the first coup. I was very lucky that Sunday morning. The drunken soldiers, after leaving Broadcasting House, went to a residence I had recently vacated. Meanwhile, I was able to take my wife and my two little children into hiding, from where I finally sent them to my home in Eastern Nigeria. A week or two later, unknown callers asked for me on the telephone in my hideout. My host denied my presence. I knew then it was time for me to leave.

My feeling towards Nigeria was of profound disappointment. Not because mobs were hunting down and killing in the most savage manner innocent civilians in many parts of Nigeria, but because the Federal Government sat back and let it happen. The final consequence of this failure of the state to fulfill its primary obligation to its citizens was the secession of Eastern Nigeria as a Republic of Biafra. The demise of Nigeria at that point was only averted by Britain's spirited diplomatic and military support of its model colony. It was Britain and the Soviet Union, which together crushed the upstart Biafran State. At the end of the 30-month war, Biafra was a vast smoldering rubble; the cost in human lives was a staggering two million souls, making it one of the bloodiest civil wars in human history.

I find it difficult to forgive Nigeria and my country men and women for the political nonchalance and cruelty that unleashed upon us these terrible events, which set us back a whole generation and robbed us of the chance clearly within our grasps to become a medium range developing nation in the 21st Century. My immediate response was to leave Nigeria at the end of the war having honourably, I hope, stayed around long enough to receive any retribution due to me for renouncing Nigeria for 30 months. Fortunately, the Federal Government proclaimed general amnesty and the only punishment I received was the general financial and emotional indemnity that war losers pay and some relatively minor harassment like the denial of passport.

I went abroad to New England, no irony intended, I went to the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and stayed four years, and then another year at the University of Connecticut. It was by far my longest exile ever from Nigeria and it gave me to reflect and to heal somewhat. Without setting out consciously to do so, I was redefining my relationship to Nigeria. I realised that I could not reject her but neither could it be business as usual. What was Nigeria to me?

Our 1960 national anthem, given to us as a parting gift was a British housewife in England, had called Nigeria 'our sovereign motherland' the Mother image. The current anthem, which changed that first one, was put together by a committee of Nigerian intellectuals, and in my view is actually worse than the first anthem. This second one invoked the Father image. So Mother image in the first one, Father image in the second one.

But it has occurred to me that Nigeria is neither my mother nor my father. Nigeria is a child, gifted enormously talented, prodigiously endowed and incredibly wayward. Being a Nigerian is abysmally frustrating and unbelievably exciting. I have said somewhere that in my next reincarnation, I want to come back as a Nigerian again. But I have also in a rather testy mood in a book called 'A Trouble with Nigeria' I dismissed Nigerian travel advertisements with the suggestion that only a tourist with an addiction to self flagellation pick Nigeria for a holiday. And I mean both. Nigeria needs help; Nigerians have their work cut out for them, to coax this unruly child along the path of useful creative development. We are the parents of Nigeria, not vice versa. A generation will come if we do our work patiently and well and given luck; a generation will come that will call Nigeria Father or Mother, but not yet.

Meanwhile, our present work is not entirely without its blessing and reward. This wayward child can show now and again great intimations of affection. I have seen this affection flow towards me at certain critical times. When I was in America after the Biafran war, an army officer who sat on the council of my university in Nigeria as representative of the Federal Military Government pressured, questioned why I was not back home. And finally, the university had to invite me to return. Now this army officer who campaigned for my return was not known to me in person. In fact he fought against people like me in the Biafran war and he was wounded in the fighting. He had every right to be bitter against me and people like me. I had never met him as I said, but he knew my work and was himself a poet.

More recently after a very serious motor accident that left me with serious injuries, I have witnessed another outflow of affection from Nigerians from every level. I am still totally dumbfounded by it. The hard words Nigeria and I have said to each other begin to look like words of anxious love not hate. Nigeria is a country where nobody can wake up in the morning and ask 'what can I do now?' Nigeria has work for everybody.
Thank you.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Eziachi: 3:57am On Oct 16, 2008
lucabrasi:

this might be a bitter pill for the poster and other fanatics to swallow but majority of ibos do not want to leave nigeria,if they did then massob will be twice or thrice or even ten times bigger than it is,no one is afraid to go their own ways ,its about believing in the experiment called nigeria and its potential greatness

Bitter pill? Another expert on Ndigbo and Igbo mentality. I don't know where you got your fact of what Ndigbo wanted eventhough probabaly you haven't cross the Niger all your life neither you had been to any Igbo Town Union meeting but you seem to know what we wanted.

I am waiting for the day Nigeria will put your optimism of Igbo loving to stay in Nigeria in a referendum, so until then keep mesmerising with your phoney theory.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by udezue(m): 4:43am On Oct 16, 2008
Its annoying how these stupid non Igbos and non easterners try to dictate to us what we really want when they don't even know us. IDIOTS. U think Igbos would vote to remain subjugated in your pathetic british experiment Nigger ia? Keep lying to yourselves u IMBECILES. U fools pretend u are all for human rights and justice but you tend to forget that Igbos and their neighbors, Efik groups, Ogonis, Ijos, are human beings who should enjoy such rights and are capable of taking care of themselves if left alone.

Worry about whatever stinking region u come from and leave us alone. If we aint good enough to serve that PATHETIC MESSY COUNTRY OF YOURS then we aint good enough to REMAIN NIGERIANS AND we should be left to make the choice to either stay and ROT IN THAT HELL hole or BE INDEPENDENT. Whether we will be poor and destitute and experience RECESSION and FAMINE should NOT BE OF YOUR CONCERN since your people and that GOD FORSAKEN SINK HOLE NIGERIA have never given a RAT'S ASS about us or treated us like we are truly NIGERIANS to begin with.

ENOUGH OF THE BULLSHIT. If Hausa/Fulani can have Sharia WE CAN HAVE BIAFRA, RESOURCE CONTROL, AND AUTONOMY. IF YORUBAS CAN WHINE ALL DAY ABOUT JUNE 12 WHICH IS NOTHING BUT KID'S PLAY COMPARED TO THE YEARS AND YEARS OF INJUSTICE, GENOCIDES, ETC VISITED UPON OUR PEOPLE IN ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA THEN I SEE NO REASON WHY ANY1 will try to shut us up for speaking up against EVIL.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by faoni572(m): 10:07am On Oct 16, 2008
Ifygurl:

Massob or whatever. I'm Igbo and i agree with alot of the Yoruba/Hausa's here. OMG move on from the past and return to the present. I don't see the Biafra war happening now.
Okay now. Igbo people yes many of our people haven't been president and the only one that was was Nnamdi Azikiwe. He was among the best leaders Nigeria had. He did his job right but people [size=20pt]we should stop blaming each other for everything and for godsake work together to take care our people. [/size] Jeez, if the president isn't going to help, then lets hope the governors of each state in Nigeria will. Take Anambra for example: The new Governor is doing the best he can to bring that state out of the misery past governor put it into. And his trying his best to make that state one of the best in Nigeria and my mother recently visited there and she just couldn't stop saying what his doing. Lets just pray for a better tomorrow. I know Nigeria has more tribes than all African countries but it's a shame how much we argue over.

@QuotaSyste, I have been seeing some of your posts and it always irritating me that I don't like responding to them because of your tribalism. I believe what you are posting actually show what you have in mind and also actually express your anger on whatever that is bothering you. I just have a piece of advice for you, try to cure the tribalism syptoms in your blood and try to do as much as you can do to make yourself a happy man. If Igbo break away today to Biafra, I don't think it will bring money to your pockets, those who are lazy will still be sufering in the Biafra while those who are hardworking will continue to be happy. Whether break away or not will never determine your success, it is your hand work that will do that. Why not let's forget about the past and let's talk how to move the country forward. Sorry if what I have said so far annoy you anyway.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by QuotaSyste(m): 11:35am On Oct 16, 2008
faoni572:

@QuotaSyste, I have been seeing some of your posts and it always irritating me that I don't like responding to them because of your tribalism. I believe what you are posting actually show what you have in mind and also actually express your anger on whatever that is bothering you. I just have a piece of advice for you, try to cure the tribalism syptoms in your blood and try to do as much as you can do to make yourself a happy man. If Igbo break away today to Biafra, I don't think it will bring money to your pockets, those who are lazy will still be sufering in the Biafra while those who are hardworking will continue to be happy. Whether break away or not will never determine your success, it is your hand work that will do that. Why not let's forget about the past and let's talk how to move the country forward. Sorry if what I have said so far annoy you anyway.
Do you see the bolded part above? The following is the question every Igbo person is asking of you Yorubas, awusas and minorities who are hell bent against our separate state of Biafra and yet no single answer have ever come from you retards in regards to that. I want to ask again, how does the above bolded part concern you in your oduduwa, arewa or niger delta countries? Why do you like to cry more than the bereaved Igbos? Ohh, i forgot you so much like the Igbos that you never wanted any harm against them which is manifesting in the way you are treating them in your cage country since time immemorial especially during the progroms that preceded the war. Ohh, Igbos, don't go. It will be bad for you. We so much care for you and want you to remain locked up here with us. I ask again, how is the above bolded part the problem of you RETARDS?
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Kobojunkie: 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2008
So are we to believe that the biafra-revolutionaries have found a hero in Raila Odinga? Roflmao!!!!
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Mutegi: 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2008
It is a sad day when we quote Raila as a hero. AU and UN commission implicates him in the violence that rocked Kenya beginning of the year. Instead of Raila offering advice to other countries he should go back and deal with his party full of warmongers. Human rights, waki report has implicated him for crimes against humanity and if no action is taken he might find himself at ICC. Nigeria does not need Raila, we should distance ourselves unless we believe in his kind of democracy of killing, brutalizing children and raping women.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2008
roflmao!!! If you analyze the so-called heros we have today in Nigeria, you can dig up similar on them if you look. So, not shocked if some are already considering Odingo a hero for the statements he made of Ibos. Won't be shocked if Mugabe becomes a hero soon; all he has to do is make a couple of statements in support of one tribe or another.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by onyengbu1(m): 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2008
It is very funny when yoruba and hausa people on this forum claim that state owned infrastructure in the east is decaying more than in their places. Igbo people who havent gone to the remote hausa/yoruba towns might be tempted to agree with those unfounded claims.

the reason why it is funny is that most of you guys know very little about igbo towns.

Yea, state owned infrastructures are decaying everywhere in the country but I can tell you its not worst in Igbo land.
In anambra where i come from, Ngige constructed more roads in three years than what Tinubu constructed in eight years. Nnamani did his own bit too. igbo people will complain because igbo civillization is way too advanced than any other in the country and we expect very much from our governors.

In one northern state where I was for a year, the past governor converted about five state owned infrastructures to his own private property. Nobody in the state seemed to have even noticed not to even complain. That will not happen in the east and if any governor comes close to trying anything like that people will resist it and thats exactly when it comes out in the news that our governors are corrupt.

Igbo governors are better than others, Igbos only know how to make them do what they are supposed to do.

In hausa/yoruba case, people just follow their leaders blindly. And everything will seem to be okay there.

And somebody here said that Ironsi is the first Coup Plotter?

I don't blame him, maybe he knew only about how they murdered and believed he deserved it.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2008
Oh boy!!! Now it is a case of WHOSE DECAY IS WORSE IN NIGERIA!! Na wa oo!!

I am continually amazed at how low people are willing to stoop in order to excuse their situation instead of standing up to DEMAND BETTER CONDITIONS AND NO MORE DECAY!!!

O really ga ooo!!!
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by Jaypea98: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
QuotaSyste:
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2008100923292992

Kenyan PM, Odinga, faults rotational presidency
By Olalekan Adetayo
Published: Friday, 10 Oct 2008

The Prime Minister of Kenya, Mr. Raila Odinga, on Thursday faulted the idea of rotational presidency in Nigeria, saying it was capable of causing the country’s disintegration.

Odinga, who delivered a lecture titled “Democracy and the Challenge of Good Governance in Africa” at the silver jubilee anniversary of The Guardian in Lagos, particularly noted that the South-East zone of the country had not produced a President.

He pointed out that those who had the right to vote must also have the right to be voted for in a democracy.

The Prime Minister said, ”I was here (in Nigeria) during 1999 and 2003 elections. I was also here in 2006. Somebody told me that the presidency is rotated between the North and the South and that since President Olusegun Obasanjo is from the South-West, the next president should be from the North.

”I asked what happens to the South-East and I was told that the situation is like that because Northerners do not trust the Easterners. If you say that some people can vote and cannot be voted for, then why are we here?

“Something similar to that happened in Kenya too in the past when they said that the uncircumcised could not lead the country. This situation causes disintegration. The right to vote also confers on one the right to be voted for.”

Odinga attributed the problems facing Africa to the derailment of its leaders from the laudable and visionary dreams of its founding fathers.

He said that Africa’s problems were compounded by the lifestyle of mediocrity that Africans had been living since independence.

While regretting that about 15 million people die yearly in Africa in poverty-related circumstances, Odinga said to heal the scar, the continent needed purposeful and visionary leaders.

He chided the African Union for what he called its failure to condemn brutal regime in the continent.

The Prime Minister said, “One man that has been dragging the name of the continent in the mud in recent times is one Mr. Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe. He turned to a brutal dictator.

“The AU has fallen short of expectation for failing to condemn brutal regimes. Mugabe is still being welcomed. This cannot, however, surprise us. It is because many of our leaders have big skeletons in their cupboards.

“They adopted this conspiracy of silence for the fear that if they talk, the spotlight may fall on them too.”

Despite the ills bedeviling the continent, however, Odinga said he believed in the ability of Africans to develop the continent by themselves.

He said, ”Foreigners will not come to develop the continent for us. They will only invest in the continent and make profit to share to their shareholders.

“We should stop blaming our colonial past for our woes. We should put that experience behind us and move forward just like Korea did.”

The Kenyan leader also asked African leaders to tap into the rich human resources in the continent by providing conducive environment for professionals to work rather than being driven out.
“Tomorrow belongs to the people if they prepare for it today. We will not take our rightful place in the world if we fail to prepare. Our enormous resources should be made to work for us. Africa must rise. If Africa unites, nobody can stop it,” he concluded.
Re: Even Raila Odinga Of Kenya Noticed The Arrogant Injustice Against Igbos. by EasternPride: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
No be today Yorubas started attacking Biafrans here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: “i Am Voting Kowa” – Olusegun Obasanjo / Arumah Oteh And Dienzani Madueke Who Is More Bueatiful / God Forgives Me, Lastnight Shall Be My Last Day Phucking With These Hoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.