Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion (1386 Views)

Dagrin (see Street Credibility) Dagrin Peforming Ponponpon In Oniru Beach / Please I Need D Lyrics Of 9ice's Song (street Credibility) Ft. 2 Face / 9ice Lyrics-street Credibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by larricole(m): 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2008
i dont know who brought the studio concept,could it be 2face's idea,, what do u think?[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by yaris(m): 6:00am On Oct 11, 2008
i personally think the video is bullshit. the concept must have been 2fcae, thats his kind of work. low budget videos. a music video with the title street credibility should have included those that really offered one thing or the other to this great nation. politicians, wole soyinka, okocha, kanu, you know must of them. but this guy just dey for studio and probably spent 2hrs cooking that video. 9ice, i love that song but you didnot impress me with the video. sad angry
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by YourFather: 8:05am On Oct 11, 2008
This tires me. We live in a country that a few people mention something and instead of thinking about it we jump on the band wagon as a remedy for a lack of something to say.

Video, a medium to have a song shown on TV.

Now how you express yourself using that medium is down to the team shooting the video and no one else. what you decide to go for in terms of how the video is interpreted could be affected by time, money and how easy it is to achieve said idea, while still providing a quaility visual in terms of lights and picture quaility.

The video in question here is cool, it basically gave a face to 9ice in a non spectaculer manner, while it may lack the so call call street angle (and who says it should have it) what it does its make sure your attention wasn't away from the singer.

A gentleman can sit on a stool and sing into the camera, another can dramatise the whole song, its a choice. A video doesn't earn the right of bs solely because it does not carry the execution we expect.
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by annekix(m): 10:25am On Oct 11, 2008
The video was excellent!!!!!!!!! and you should stoop hating on it!!! a music video doesnt have 2 be flashy all the time!!! with all the dumb video Ho's shaking booty, wearing bling bling jewelry, flashy cars, club hopping. which seems 90% of hip hop videos are all about these days, it's getting booring mate! sometimes there is beauty in keeping things simple and not following the stereotype,

dont get me wrong, i dont mind some booty shakin bruv, but most times it like all dem things are thown in there to disguise the fact that the song is crap, eg kelly hansome:maga don pay.
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by otoidea(m): 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2008
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by UNLEASHED(m): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2008
The video is nothing but Bullshit!!!
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by A40(m): 9:40pm On Oct 16, 2008
Studio Credibility is more like it for such a nice song i was expecting a much better video
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by larayat(f): 11:45pm On Oct 18, 2008
A-40:

Studio Credibility is more like it for such a nice song i was expecting a much better video
i agree wi u dats just d word.studio credibility no more no less.
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by NeoBlack(m): 1:02am On Oct 19, 2008
The Fault is from 2Face, you should all know that, 9ice go for your choice if that is your opinion, thats what happen in the Street Credibility Video, but a lil bit alright, the Make up from Bisi is pretty Alright, but the Camera and the Location.

Jp
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by eleshin(m): 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2008
NeoBlack:

The Fault is from 2Face, you should all know that, 9ice go for your choice if that is your opinion, thats what happen in the Street Credibility Video, but a little bit alright, the Make up from Bisi is pretty Alright, but the Camera and the Location.

Jp

ur post shows how unintelligent you are,the video was shot by clarence peter inside LTV studio,before the video shoot there was open invitation to all his fans to be featured in the video,just like every other person 2face was invited as a featured artist,he arrived at the venue and did what was expected of him.the idea of the video was strictly by clarence and 9ice.2face featured in the track and kill it finally,nobody open a thread to praise him,now the video is not alright(accordin 2 stupid pple like u)you are now acruing blame to 2face,you need help my brother.to me the video is alright,i dont see anything bad in the video.its a tight one from an a new artist.
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by longetosin: 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2008
eleshin:

ur post shows how unintelligent you are,the video was shot by clarence peter inside LTV studio,before the video shoot there was open invitation to all his fans to be featured in the video,just like every other person 2face was invited as a featured artist,he arrived at the venue and did what was expected of him.the idea of the video was strictly by clarence and 9ice.2face featured in the track and kill it finally,nobody open a thread to praise him,now the video is not alright(accordin 2 stupid people like u)you are now acruing blame to 2face,you need help my brother.to me the video is alright,i don't see anything bad in the video.its a tight one from an a new artist.

W O R D cool
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by kene86(m): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2008
I keep saying this:What makes a video rock is not just about expensive equipment and picture quality or even editing.CONCEPT,matters! Would one associate the song with what could be seen in the video?Even if they wanted to be abstract it should have been properly done.Even abstract should have some images related to the song.As far as i am concerned that song should be renamed [b][/b]studio credibility.
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by kene86(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2008
Cos i didnt see anything in the video about street credibility.
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by benedo(m): 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2008
Diffrent strokes,

For me the two videos from 9ice has been utter rubbish, concept is poor especially street cred video,these videos i am afraid do not match the standards of excellence very apparent on the album.

In spite of this 9ice is still my man sha.
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by freelance(m): 12:12am On Oct 22, 2008
Simple Video.
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by Aiyetunje: 10:31pm On Oct 22, 2008
The video was directed by Clarence Peters. I'm pretty sure the concept was from him and 9ice. I dont know how people dragged 2face into this cos he sang on the track.

As to the video, it's a 9ice video. . . good concept et al.But I was disappointed to say the least.I expected more and I think that both Clarence & 9ice played it safe. . . too safe! When u hear the song, u think about the streets etc. & u would have expected some street scenes but all said and done the director and the artiste had the final say & it was fair.

Party Rider was slightly better, I dont know what Clarence & 9ice have been thinking up as regards video concepts but I have not been impressed. Clarence is a good upcoming director & i fully expected him to blow my mind with the great songs from 9ice but alas. . . I dont know whether 9ice is imposing his own ideas (& probably that of Toni's) on him but what I'm seeing aint tight!

I'm waiting for Gongo Aso but am not having high hopes! Na siddon look I dey!
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by shotster50(m): 5:34am On Oct 25, 2008
Let them go get Gino's Video producers man. Hope 9ice dont go down 2face's route.
Re: 9ice Street Credibility Video?ur Opinion by kunleski: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2008
i realy lov 9ice, even thogh i expected a high end video and i got something less does not mean i should start pasting trash on this post. i expected sometin big because he was already everywhre as at that time. many people still shoot videos worth hundreds of thousands if not millions but the truth is that you cant buy their cd because their song is trash, 9ice is good, if you criticize am, go do your own video make we see, and then i will post. grin

(1) (Reply)

Majek Fashek- Prisoner Of Conscience Album Wanted! / Lady Gaga Talks Hurricane Sandy: + Top 10 Celebrity Sex Tapes + Tuface Idibia / Chris Brown's Album X.success Or Flop???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.