Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read (21823 Views)

Further Your Career With SAP ERP Training In Lagos And Port Hacourt Nigeria / Personalized SAP Training Course In Lagos And Port Harcourt / Plastic/polythene Bag Making Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by kizitoik2004(m): 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
keep the hustle hope alive, we will meet @ the top. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by oguash: 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
nice on brother. at least for the first time no igbo and yoruba madness here. keep the dream on
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
I was gripped with suspense... until I got to the part about Eva angry

Man, I wish this could happen for you. Are you the blogger who wrote it?
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by Nichobabe(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
From the comments it is a good write up I go read am later too long, still in the office.
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by Gemc3(f): 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
one word.......................SPECTACULAR!
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by Timijo(m): 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
As I read about how he got a job through his twitter account and suddenly became a millionaire, I was like, oh! Poor me. I have twitter account but I don't visit it as I used to visit nairaland. I began to feel bad for not following people on twitter but I have plenty likes on nairaland which are not doing anything for me. In fact, I have already made up my mind to spend much time on twitter posting interesting articles like the op but as I read to the last line I discovered that the op was in a serious day dream. The guy that woke him up suppose to be sued to court and should be made to pay for damages.
Moral Lesson
If you cannot enjoy life in the real world, sleep and enjoy it in your dream.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by obidiegwujane10(f): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
what a nice article. keep it up
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by Elaric(m): 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Good piece of writing.Bravo!!!
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by victord1st: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
This guy will go places.Achebe,Chimamanda and now this guy.Keep pushing you'll get there someday.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by imotondo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
intriguing, captivating and very creative. You'll surely run the town with this, more of that.....a lesson to me (expert in ignoring people on the internet)
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by AiyedeRotimi(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Pls let's keep dreaming together.Political ideas rule the World.God bless ur hustle.
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Good piece op.
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by seagullbabz(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
This is dope.....well written piece...and full of humor as well....God bless G

Seun make una no dey change wetin I write witout my permission o....henhen
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by Geehan(f): 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
Wow....dis is so lovely, u are such a smooth writer.
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by ekiyor3: 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
God will bless u 4 putting a smile on my face.
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by wiloy2k8(m): 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nice 1 bro . keep it up
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by Bunchersstab(m): 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Booked
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by pinkishgal(f): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
BRAVO..! BRAVO..!! BRAVO...!!! Nice one OP.
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by Rapsainot(m): 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
read it via twitter few days ago, nice one from SUPER COW
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by ayobase(m): 8:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
I knew something was fishy, so I quickly dashed to the concluding part.

I knew it.....millionaire!

miracle or u belong.
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by chrisgush: 9:11am On Jul 22, 2014
Hardly comment on posts bt I can't afford to read this witout doing that. Great writer u're. I love this and pray it becomes reality in ur life
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by samkevie: 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
Magnificent!!!
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by igbanbajo(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
Royaldee: When I arrived the Bank’s headquarters at Lagos Island, his assistant took me straight up to Anthony’s office which was at the top of the high-rise building. My eye almost popped out of my head when I saw the inscription on his office door.
‘Anthony Okpa – Deputy Managing Director.’
Of a bank.
Not a branch, but the bank. The whole bank.
Bruh, I can’t forget how my legs almost buckled as I entered his office. He stood up, came round the table and shook my shivering hands. He noticed how nervous I was and asked me to sit and relax.
I sat. I relaxed. I shivered harder.
We did some small talk, got to know ourselves better, then went straight to business. He wanted to run for Governor of his state and was currently recruiting young people into his campaign team. He wanted me to be his campaign social media/strategy manager. The election was in two years and he wanted to establish a strong social media presence ASAP. I’d create engaging content for and manage all his online accounts, and so on and so forth.
I didn’t know when a tear dropped from my left eye. Till today, I still don’t know if he’d noticed it. He didn’t stop talking as I quickly wiped it off. He asked if I was interested. I nodded vigorously; afraid I’d squeak and burst into tears if I tried speaking. He was visibly delighted. He added that when the campaign team was complete we’d all meet, get to know each other, brainstorm, and map out strategies; but meanwhile I could start working. I’d get a laptop, a smartphone, a modem, and other equipment I’d need to commence the job.
He brought out his cheque book, scribbled something, asked my official name, scribbled some more, tore out the leaf and gave it to me. I couldn’t hold back the tears when I saw the figure on it. This time he noticed and offered his handkerchief. I dried the tears and apologized for being such a sisi. He waved it off and asked if the money could cover the next 3 months, salary and all. I nodded till my head almost fell off my neck. The money was more than enough. After buying all the equipments I needed, I was still going to be a millionaire.
Yes. Millionaire.

This is the best part for me; the climax.
OP is a good writer, no doubt. I can only wish you more ink to your pen.

Area for improvement
I considered this non-fiction until I got to the point where you stated that your principal won the guber election when I couldn't reconcile his name to any present or former governor's. I suggest you look at this part in future so you can hold your audience spell-bound till the very end.
All the best.
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by magicbrain(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
We 're impatiently waiting for you to continue this piece! #impatient!
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by donem: 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
Great piece of writeup.
Re: Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read by kendull(m): 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
wow i love diz, vry nice write up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Motivational Speaker Zig Ziglar Is Dead! / Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss / Nairalanders advice helped a physically challenged Entrepreneur. Now I’m married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.