Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ (37211 Views)

Poll: How do you rate Los Angeles from these photos?

10 (Excellent): 36% (12 votes)
9: 21% (7 votes)
8: 15% (5 votes)
7: 12% (4 votes)
6 (It's okay, but not great): 6% (2 votes)
5: 0% (0 votes)
4: 3% (1 vote)
>3 (Uninspiring): 6% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Calling On Nairaland Americans :) Pls I Need Cheap Way Of Getting To Los Angeles / Discover The Magic Of East Africa. / Nigerians In Los Angeles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 5:01am On Oct 16, 2008
[center][size=15pt]WELCOME TO PAGE 2 OF DISCOVER LOS ANGELES![/size]

[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by SeanT21(f): 5:09am On Oct 16, 2008
But The reason I want to go to NY is to work on my dreams of becoming a model also. From what I hear, Its Hard to make it in Hollywood. All The modeling agency I contacted are in New York.

I have made my decision, Its New York. Thanks anyways.
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 5:23am On Oct 16, 2008
You're welcome. But, on a side note, Hollywood has millions of opportunities, you just have to make yourself noticed! wink
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 4:49am On Oct 18, 2008
[center]Shot of the Eastern Columbia Building in Downtown

Downtown Skyline Pic from West L.A.

Century City Skyline in West L.A.

Looking at the almost endless strip of buildings on Wilshire in Westwood

The Mid-City district of Los Angeles. Lot's of gentrification here!
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 8:38am On Oct 19, 2008
[center]Shot of the Skyline, looking over Dodger Stadium (Home of the L.A. Dodgers!)

Streetscene in East L.A., showing beautiful art on a building.

The 405 and 10 Freeway Interchange in West L.A.

The 110 Freeway bisecting itself through Downtown.

In front of the Kodak Theater in Hollywood.
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 4:02am On Oct 23, 2008
[center]Skyline showing Mountains in the background.

Overlooking South Bay area, while looking towards Downtown.

Image of Downtown overlooking the industrial area of Los Angeles.

Urban Paradise in the Hollywood District
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 4:06am On Oct 23, 2008
[center]Downtown from above.

The Century City district skyline, in the foreground of the Downtown Skyline.

Duck setting over L.A. with Downtown, seen from the U.S.C. campus.

The Downtown Skyline, from the 100 Freeway.

Heading into Downtown from Pasadena.

[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by TOYOSI20(f): 4:11am On Oct 23, 2008
@ Blackspade

These are really nice pictures, . . . . . . . . . . I'm loving them. . . . . . wink
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 4:11am On Oct 23, 2008
^ Thanks, I'm happy you're enjoying them. cool

Also, have you ever been to L.A? I've noticed you live in Sac-Town.
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by TOYOSI20(f): 4:16am On Oct 23, 2008
I've been there a couple of times, but that was a while ago, . . . . . . . . . . .

It really is beautiful. . . . . kissbut I spend most of my time in Santa Cruz, that's where I school. . . . . . . . . smiley
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 4:24am On Oct 23, 2008
Santa Cruz is a such great town, and very picturesque from what I've heard. One of my plans when I get a break from school, is to drive up the California coast, and experience the the tranquility many people say they experience when doing so.

Thanks for telling. smiley
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by TOYOSI20(f): 4:37am On Oct 23, 2008
U're welcome. . . . . . smiley u should totally check it out. . . . . . .

I must say it is anything like LA tho. . . . . .but it's in a league of it's own. . . . . . . . . . . kiss
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by oyewolejos(m): 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2008
hi blackspade i sent a question to your e/mail please reply as soon as possible.as time is almost running against me.

reply pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2008
oyewolejos:

hi blackspade i sent  a question to your e/mail please reply as soon as possible.as time is almost running against me.

reply pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse
I hope you received the information well oyewolejos, good luck on your journey.
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2008
[center]Street-level Downtown on 5th street

Downtown skyline from Belmont High School

The tallest building in Los Angeles (U.S. Bank Tower)

Looking south, from above with Staples Center in the foreground

Flats from above with Downtown in the foreground
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 7:31pm On Oct 28, 2008
[center]Century City with Downtown in the background at dusk

The Wilshire Corridor district

View from Kenneth Hahn State Rec Area (Baldwin Hills)

Through the Harbor Freeway Interchange (Humongous) shocked

The Historic Core area of Downtown

Entering Downtown from East L.A.
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2008
[center]Looking towards Downtown at dusk

Hollywood sign, with the Hollywood district in the foreground

At Hope Grand Park in Downtown

Oh The Urbanity!

Heading into Downtown from Pasadena
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2008
[center]Comerica Bank building in Downtown from the 110 Freeway

Downtown from the Pico-Union District

Figueroa Street high-rises in Downtown

The Downtown skyline from Glendale

From the Westlake district looking on towards Downtown
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by omoge(f): 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2008
how many driving lanes are there?
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by omoge(f): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2008
lovely place cheesy

driving on the free way scare the smoke out of me grin
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2008
[center]The Figueroa Hotel in Downtwon

At the intersection of Normandie & Wilshire in the Wilshire District

An Asian themed shopping center in San Gabriel

The Sunset @ Vine Center in Hollywood

Santa Monica Beach on a crowded summer day
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2008
omoge:

lovely place  cheesy

driving on the free way scare the smoke out of me grin
Thanks. wink

On the freeways here, the number of lanes varies from 10 (5 in each direction) up to 16 (8 in each direction) shocked

Here, the freeways can be kind of intimidating (especially with all the bad drivers), but once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

[center]This is the I-210 (5 Lanes in each direction + 1 Carpool lane each direction + Center LRT).

[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2008
[center]Walking in Downtown on Figueroa Street

On Figueroa still, giving walking tour

The Plaza below an office building in Downtown

View of the building from the Plaza below

AT&T building from the same Plaza
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 3:54am On Nov 11, 2008
[center]Downtown by night, looking on the 110 Freeway

Looking at Downtown from Griffith Park

The Hollywood Sign from the Griffith Park observatory

Coming into Downtown from the 110 Freeway

Downtown on a cloudy day
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 5:09am On Nov 11, 2008
[center]Hollywood & Los Angeles skylines from the 101 Freeway
[img]http://myproxy.ca/q/nph-index.cgi/010110A/687474703a2f2f6661726d312e7374617469632e666c69636b722e636f6d2f3231342f3531353030393931375f323566313431343663645f622e6a7067[/img]

Century City skyline taken from a rooftop in Downtown

Biltmore Hotel in Downtown on a clear night

Bonaventure Hotel and other office buildings in Downtown

California Plaza in Downtown
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 5:16am On Nov 11, 2008
[center]Looking towards Hollywood from the veterans cemetery

Planes waiting to take off from L.A.X.

San Bernardino mountain range

The Century City mall with the Century City skyline in the background

Downtown skyline from Hollywood
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 5:20am On Nov 11, 2008
[center][size=15pt]shocked Panorama of the Los Angeles basin shocked[/size][/center]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by myndofgold(f): 5:48am On Nov 11, 2008
beautiful pics, but u for try give the "real" LA. Start from carson to inglewood to long beach and end in compton, so that all these pple tht want to come to LA will knw wht they might be up against if they ever get lost in the middle of the hood. grin
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 6:10am On Nov 11, 2008
myndofgold:

beautiful pics, but u for try give the "real" LA. Start from carson to inglewood to long beach and end in compton, so that all these people that want to come to LA will knw wht they might be up against if they ever get lost in the middle of the hood.  grin
Thanks.

I have family who live in Carson, and it's not the hood. The "real L.A." isn't run-down and crime infested, but is a mix of many areas of different socio-economic backgrounds. Finding images of the not-so-nice areas of L.A. aren't easy to come by, but I'll post some. cool
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 6:23am On Nov 11, 2008
[center]Driving into Compton on Alameda Street

Inside the Jordan Downs projects in Watts

Looking up towards the Watts Towers

The iconic Randy's Donuts in Inglewood

McDonalds at the intersection of Crenshaw & Imperial at night in Inglewood
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2008
[center]In front of the Griffith Park Observatory

Staples Center Arena in Downtown

Inside of The Grove shopping center in the Wilshire Center district

In the Bunker Hills neighborhood of Downtown

Construction taking part in Downtown Los Angeles
[/center]
Re: ╚►►►►► Discover Los Angeles! ~ Photos presented by blackspade ◄◄◄◄◄╝ by blackspade(m): 1:46am On Nov 15, 2008
[center]Entering the Little Ethiopia district cool

Little Ethiopia Restaurant

At the famous Hollywood & Highland intersection

Driving on Fairfax seeing signs in Amharic

Ehtiopian Merkato
[/center]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Girl Hustling In Russia Warns Nigerians Back Home (Video) . / How Flood Swept Cars In Kano / Update On Anambra International Airport And Airport Road (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.