Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains (25512 Views)

Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) / . / Why Suffering In Silence? "complete Woman Is The Solution" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by tr3y(m): 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
Raju rastogi!!!!
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by freshness2020: 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
It really pierced my heart !
What a freedom !

5 Likes

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by hakku: 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
#bringbackourelephantandtakeourpresident. Jst joking.

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by misterjosh(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hurray!!! Who will come nd free Naija...

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by LMAyedun(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Happy Independence Raju...
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
dont8: “Tears began to roll down Raju’s face. Some no doubt were due to the pain but he also seemed to sense that change was coming.
Hmmmm.....No doubt some tears were due to physical pains from the chains abi? so what makes them so sure the animal wasn't crying from pain ONLY? Why attribute other reasons to the animal's tears? It's not like they can read the elephant's mind or anything. And @all those going "oh the heart of man is wicked, bla bla bla", abeg animals are also wicked so make we hear word. Wickedness is a survival instinct living things evolved (unfortunately) to give them the upper hand over other living things.
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Royver(m): 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
fellis: Hmmmm.....No doubt some tears were due to physical pains from the chains abi? so what makes them so sure the animal wasn't crying from pain ONLY? Why attribute other reasons to the animal's tears? It's not like they can read the elephant's mind or anything. And @all those going "oh the heart of man is wicked, bla bla bla", abeg animals are also wicked so make we hear word. Wickedness is a survival instinct living things evolved (unfortunately) to give them the upper hand over other living things.
this lady is hard core.

4 Likes

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Harmvirus(f): 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
crySo touching

1 Like

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
That is the skinniest elephant I have ever seen!! His ear is even cut off!!the owner deserves 100 strokes of hot bulala angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by kobonaire(m): 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Such a nice thread. I am glad Raju is free.
I am going to show my Indian friend in Ikeja this story and I will demand reparation for all the years of suffering ... don't worry Raju, I am bringing you your share.
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by kobonaire(m): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
bestestgirl: That is the skinniest elephant I have ever seen!! His ear is even cut off!!the owner deserves 100 strokes of hot bulala angry angry
LOL .... it's nice to see that word here 'bulala' ....
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Royver(m): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Then again;
1. Secret midnight rescue? They STOLE the animal angry
2. How do you know the animal wasn't crying "Master where are you? I am being kidnapped!"
3. An animal that has been out of the jungle for 50yrs and you just[i] reintroduce[/i] him back into the jungle? I hope they keep an eye on him... There are other things in the jungle apart from other territorial elephants.

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nice. Im very happy for Raju. smiley smiley
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Coldfeet(f): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Some of you calling for the owner to be chained as well may have dogs that they chain and keep caged 24/7! So what's the difference? And by the way elephant Raju wasn't owned by just one person in those 50 years of captivity! So in essence all the previous owners need to be rounded up as well right? In india such sights are popular so I wonder what all the fuss is about? Let it not stop at Raju o! Rajesh, prakash! Naveen! Sunil! Priyanka etc elephants in chains all over india should be rescued too.

1 Like

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
Coldfeet: Let it not stop at Raju o! Rajesh, prakash! Naveen! Sunil! Priyanka etc elephants in chains all over india should be rescued too.

grin
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
Royver: Then again;
1. Secret midnight rescue? They STOLE the animal angry
2. How do you know the animal wasn't crying "Master where are you? I am being kidnapped!"
3. An animal that has been out of the jungle for 50yrs and you just[i] reintroduce[/i] him back into the jungle? I hope they keep an eye on him... There are other things in the jungle apart from other territorial elephants.

I'm sure they are a professional organization and know how to rehabilitate Raju to fit into his new life. But if that's not the case, I'm sure Raju will rather live 1 day as a free man than another 150 years in captivity, hence the tears of joy.

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Markfedel(m): 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
Eyaa
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by DeeMain(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
While we celebrate Raju, when are we going to celebrate our own freedom from the chains of tribalism, ethnocentricism, bad governance, corruption, mediocrity, underdevelopment, poverty, killings, wars in Africa?

Look around the rampant inhumanity in your environment, daily ethnic hate people spew everyday on NL or rants on twitter and vile sentiments in support of corrupt or ineffective leaders or politicians or friends...

Then look in a mirror and you'll find a Raju in shackles begging to be free from bondage.

Hypocrites.

5 Likes

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by dukenestor(m): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
coded01: I am so happy... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Human beings are wicked... angry
sorry to ask ooo, r u a beast?

1 Like

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Coldfeet: Some of you calling for the owner to be chained as well may have dogs that they chain and keep caged 24/7! So what's the difference? And by the way elephant Raju wasn't owned by just one person in those 50 years of captivity! So in essence all the previous owners need to be rounded up as well right? In india such sights are popular so I wonder what all the fuss is about? Let it not stop at Raju o! Rajesh, prakash! Naveen! Sunil! Priyanka etc elephants in chains all over india should be rescued too.
I feel challenged. She knows the names of Elephants in India and their conditions.
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by simplynola(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
If it took 50 years to #bringbackraju, how long will it take to #bringbackourgirls

1 Like

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Bertbert: 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lesson learnt,......No condition is permanent, I pray that we all shall be free from any shackles of the enemy. Tears of joy shall fill our faces soon.....Like if you believe that your freedom is around the corner.

3 Likes

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by AdekunleSegun(m): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
same with human trafficking
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
DeeMain: While we celebrate Raju, when are we going to celebrate our own freedom from the chains of tribalism, ethnocentricism, bad governance, corruption, mediocrity, underdevelopment, poverty, killings, wars in Africa?

Look around the rampant inhumanity in your environment, daily ethnic hate people spew everyday on NL or rants on twitter and vile sentiments in support of corrupt or ineffective leaders or politicians or friends...

Then look in a mirror and you'll find a Raju in shackles begging to be free from bondage.

Hypocrites.

Deep!

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by numericalguy(m): 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
Where are the Elephant's tusks?

Raju the Elephant should go back to the owner to collect its tusks. He sure would need it in wild life.
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
WHo will save Elephant Nigeria.. bu hu huuu cry
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by bizngr(f): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
We do worse to dogs, goats and chickens.
Why keep them if you can't feed and nurture them?
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
This is so sad but heart-warming. I'm so happy for that elephant.
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by sebali: 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
See nigerians dey form caring.
esp. for a wild Animal. undecidedSee nigerians dey form caring.
esp. for a wild Animal.
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by EddyNumerouno(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
Some of the people commenting are pure hypocrites. Some people have dogs and other animals locked 247 under terrible conditions and they'll be like " thank God Raju is free". One day ur animals will give una jungle justice
Re: Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains by Yugosng(m): 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
Never knew elephants could live to as much as 50. Good to learn something new today....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Slightest Thing That Can Get You Angry? / Woman Slumps At Minna Airport During The Airlift Of Hajj Pilgrims To Mecca. PICS / What Are You Addicted To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.