Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Surprising New Scientific Invention Can Read Ur Thoughts... You're No More Safe! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Surprising New Scientific Invention Can Read Ur Thoughts... You're No More Safe! (1012 Views)

10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space / Blue-eyed Boy Can Read And See In The Dark / The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surprising New Scientific Invention Can Read Ur Thoughts... You're No More Safe! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
It's not a movie idea. A scientist called Jack Gallant can read your mind with his machine.

A researcher at the University of California, he's had a breakthrough with his work designing a brain decoding machine.

The device scans your brain and reconstructs the electrical signals in the brain into images that show on a live screen!

Jack says though the technology is scary, it can only be perfected in the next 50 years.

Not that we envy his success, but the new question is: if mind-reading technology becomes functional and commercialized, how safe are we going to be from others? What happens to privacy? How will relationships survive?
Re: Surprising New Scientific Invention Can Read Ur Thoughts... You're No More Safe! by Randy100: 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
At least it will help in solving crime esp with people who are lying
Re: Surprising New Scientific Invention Can Read Ur Thoughts... You're No More Safe! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
As usual, everything has advantages and disadvantages. But I think the disadvantages are more. Have you thought of what's gonna happen if companies implement it as part of their job interviews?
Re: Surprising New Scientific Invention Can Read Ur Thoughts... You're No More Safe! by Tallesty1(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
Terrible, time to wear helmet 24/7gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Surprising New Scientific Invention Can Read Ur Thoughts... You're No More Safe! by faithugo64(f): 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
Tallesty1: Terrible, time to wear helmet 24/7gringringrin
lwkmd guy you too funny grin
Re: Surprising New Scientific Invention Can Read Ur Thoughts... You're No More Safe! by ITbomb(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thanks god I don't think with my head angry grin grin angry
Re: Surprising New Scientific Invention Can Read Ur Thoughts... You're No More Safe! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
TheWisest, do you have a link?
Re: Surprising New Scientific Invention Can Read Ur Thoughts... You're No More Safe! by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 19, 2014
Um... that link was on my phone and now I'm on a PC. Why not google the name? You'll still get the story. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Dream Coming True: The Long Awaited Flying Car Undergoes A Successful Test / Plane And Pilot: Power Failure. photo / Residents Butchers A Whale Washed Up At A Beach In Delta State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.