Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,411 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker (822 Views)

Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom / Nigerian Striker Audu Seriki Dies In Auto Crash / Brown Ideye With His Family (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by ecstacybling: 12:24am On Jul 19, 2014
West Bromwich Albion have signed Nigeria striker Brown Ideye for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around £10m.

The Baggies announced the arrival of the 25-year-old Dynamo Kiev player on Friday, saying they had broken the club's record.

Ideye is the club's fifth summer signing. as they bolster their squad.

"Brown is a quality striker and I'm looking forward to working with him," said head coach Alan Irvine.

"He's a strong, quick, powerful player who likes to get in behind defences and has plenty of Champions League and international experience."

Brown Ideye Ideye has won 24 caps and scored five goals for Nigeria

Ideye has scored 74 goals in 182 career league appearances.

He will meet his new team-mates, including fellow new boys Sebastien Pocognoli, Craig Gardner, Joleon Lescott and Chris Baird when they return from the club's pre-season training camp in Sacramento, California.

Irvine, regarded as a shock appointment when he took over in June, will be looking to improve on last season's 17th-placed finish.

West Brom's previous transfer record was paid for Sunderland's Stephane Sessegnon in September last year.

Technical director Terry Burton added: "When I arrived at Albion the recruitment department flagged Brown up as the man at the top of their wish list.

"It is a fantastic signing because of the quality and the potential of the player. We're looking forward to seeing him play for the club and scoring goals." ............
Just incase: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28381226
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by ammyluv2002(f): 12:27am On Jul 19, 2014
Good news
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by ecstacybling: 12:27am On Jul 19, 2014
He could have been of help at the world cup instead of the mediocre players we took there warming the bench.....

All the haters, keep hating, its fuel for success grin grin grin
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by ammyluv2002(f): 12:29am On Jul 19, 2014
ecstacybling: He could have been of help at the world cup instead of the mediocre players we took there warming the bench.....

I'm not a fan of his sha but I'm happy for him and his family plus Nigeria grin
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by majamajic(m): 12:40am On Jul 19, 2014
Just days after world cup. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by 3Dimension: 1:05am On Jul 19, 2014
Breaks west brom record despite not appearing at the world cup..

Qui sera sera..
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by Danhumprey: 5:10am On Jul 19, 2014
And those players that made it to the World Cup,what has become of them?

Indeed,life is full of mysteries.
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 19, 2014
I always like Ideye's work rate. Would have taken him to World Cup although he needs to learn to score! Extra work on goal scoring is important for him.

He will link up with anichebe at west brom
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by tobiboss(m): 8:19am On Jul 19, 2014
I thought the club he's leaving plays in the champs and europa league regularly, says alot about his ambition
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 19, 2014
ecstacybling: He could have been of help at the world cup instead of the mediocre players we took there warming the bench.....

Dunno why so many Nigerian football fans hate him.

74 in 184 is a great return. Happy for him cheesy
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 19, 2014
tobiboss: I thought the club he's leaving plays in the champs and europa league regularly, says alot about his ambition
He should have personally driven himself to any of City, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal to show you how ambitious he is.

Some Nigerians sha angry
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by tobiboss(m): 9:32am On Jul 19, 2014
alekside: He should have personally driven himself to any of City, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal to show you how ambitious he is.

Some Nigerians sha angry
is it by force to play in the epl?
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2014
tobiboss: is it by force to play in the epl?
Ok then, He should have forced a move to Real, Barca, Atleti, Bayern, BVB, Schalke, Leverkusen, June, Roma, Napoli or any of the top clubs around Europe. It's not as easy as you think.
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by tobiboss(m): 9:46am On Jul 19, 2014
alekside: Ok then, He should have forced a move to Real, Barca, Atleti, Bayern, BVB, Schalke, Leverkusen, June, Roma, Napoli or any of the top clubs around Europe. It's not as easy as you think.
you're not getting me, he did not have to leave his club, wasn't he playing regularly? he's leaving for a smaller club
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2014
tobiboss: you're not getting me, he did not have to leave his club, wasn't he playing regularly? he's leaving for a smaller club
Ok, I now understand grin

Moving to a club like WBA isn't bad though. It's a stepping stone to a better move in the future. If he can perform consistently for 2 years (He's still 25 grin), I'm sure one of the top 6 clubs would snap him up.
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 19, 2014
tobiboss: you're not getting me, he did not have to leave his club, wasn't he playing regularly? he's leaving for a smaller club

South Korea or Japan or Iran who made it to World Cup are not better than Sweden who did not

Dynamo Kiev may not necessarily be better than west brom. Ukraine league is far below epl

Do not also forget that Ukraine is a war zone right now. As we speak a Malaysian passenger airplane was shot down from Ukraine airspace by Ukrainian separatist rebels

I won't wish my relative to be living in Ukraine

Ideye made a sensible move
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by tobiboss(m): 10:41am On Jul 19, 2014
alekside: Ok, I now understand grin

Moving to a club like WBA isn't bad though. It's a stepping stone to a better move in the future. If he can perform consistently for 2 years (He's still 25 grin), I'm sure one of the top 6 clubs would snap him up.
alright
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by tobiboss(m): 10:43am On Jul 19, 2014
mikeansy:

South Korea or Japan or Iran who made it to World Cup are not better Sweden who did not

Dynamo Kiev may not necessarily be better than west brom. Ukraine league is far below epl

Do not also forget that Ukraine is a war zone right now. As we speak a Malaysian passenger airplane was shot down from Ukraine airspace by Ukrainian separatist rebels

I won't wish my relative to be living in Ukraine

Ideye made a sensible move
If those were the factors that caused the move, then it's understandable
Re: Brown Ideye: West Brom Break Club Record To Sign Nigerian Striker by piroskey94(m): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2014
no, he wasn't playing regularly

(1) (Reply)

Team Nigeria In Medals Chase As Commonwealth Games In Glasgow Take Off!!! / Wenger: Chambers Signing A Gamble / Where Would You Like To See Mikel Play After His Chelsea Career?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.