Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Five Teams Can Win The Premier League Title - Jose Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Five Teams Can Win The Premier League Title - Jose Mourinho (737 Views)

Five Matches That Won Chelsea The Premier League Title / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Teams Can Win The Premier League Title - Jose Mourinho by dafe303: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
Chelsea Manager, Jose Mourinho is confident his assembled squad have what it takes to win the Premier League title next season but he's also aware that dreams of winning the title can be shattered at any time.
Chelsea took advantage of the summer transfer market and brought in Cesc Fabregas, Diego Costa, Filipe Luis and Mario Pasalic. However, Mourinho understands the race of winning the title won't be easy as other title contenders have also strengthened their armory.
Speaking in BT Sport Q&A session, Mourinho said:
"Last year if you had asked me in July, I would never have said Man United would be outside the top four. This season I will tell you one (to miss out) and I have a big percentage of making a mistake. There were good teams last season and there will be better teams this season because everyone is investing. A few years ago you make a team to be champions and most probably you are champions. Now if you make a team to be champions, you try to finish in the top four. Why I like the Premier League so much is that at this moment, nobody knows who is going to win the title. I know that we want to and I know that we can, but it is the kind of competition where I can't say. At this moment, I think between us Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United, Man City - who is going to be first, who is going to play in the Europa League, I don't know. I have to say my club did a fantastic job and not just because we did it in almost record time. The transfer market closes 31 August and we close our market July 19. We finished the market today.The club did fantastic, we knew the targets, we knew the players and the clubs a very early stage. We got exactly what we need and what we want. The squad is one which I like very much and I look forward to starting the season. I don't think so (sign any more players). The market is open, but we are so happy with what we have."
But really do you think Liverpool will be among the title contenders next season? I think they will try to be but I don't see them being in the top four, because there is no Suarez and the they just might not be able to handle the fixtures for next season. Since they will be playing champions league they would not have as much resting time as they did last season.

source: http://dayosports..com/2014/07/five-teams-can-win-premier-league-title.html

1 Like

Re: Five Teams Can Win The Premier League Title - Jose Mourinho by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
up Cadiff city grin grin

(1) (Reply)

*Breaking News* Didier Drogba Returning To Chelsea On 1 Year Deal / Van Gaal To Discuss With Mourinho Over Comment He Made About Shaw. / Nigeria’s Blessing Okagbare Wins The Women’s 100m Final (gold) At #glasgow2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.