Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. (3718 Views)

When U Answer A Question Correctly In Class And Save Every1 From Impromptu Test / Solve This Mathematical Question Correctly And Get 5,000 Naira. / How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Timijo(m): 6:08am On Jul 20, 2014
How fast can you think? Put your brain to test now.
Here is the question: If only yesterday was tomorrow, today would have been Friday. Which day was this statement made?
Give reason(s)for your answer.
The winner will be announced later in the day.

kinxlink is the first person to post the correct answer with a perfect proof, and this made him the winner of the prize.
Once again, kinxlink congratulations!
Please send your phone number to me by quoting this post or send it as pm.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by acenazt: 6:18am On Jul 20, 2014
Answer is THURSDAY .
Explanation:
If yesterday (Wednesday) was tomorrow (Friday), then today(which is a Thursday) would be Saturday.
It actually means if yesterday (Wednesday) is REPLACED with tomorrow (Friday), then today would be Saturday.
Note that the phrase if yesterday was tomorrow means if yesterday is to be replaced with the day of tomorrow and NOT the other way round. My recharge card please!!
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by kinxlink(m): 6:24am On Jul 20, 2014
Here is mine BREAKDOWN,

IF YESTERDAY = TOMORROW, TODAY = FRIDAY
It simply means Tomorrow from his assumption = SATURDAY
But for real, Yur tomorrow was actually yesterday = SATURDAY (NOTE: If yesterday was tomorrow), therefore, he said this on a SUNDAY!

4 Likes

Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by FruityLass: 7:24am On Jul 20, 2014
Yesterday=Tomorrow=SATURDAY
Today=Friday
The answer is Saturday.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 20, 2014
Sunday

the statement was made on sunday, if you only take yesterday of sunday (which is saturday) as tomorrow, then today will be friday.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by gambudu: 8:01am On Jul 20, 2014
The answer is rechargedaygrin

2 Likes

Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 20, 2014
The answer is sunday...no need to xplain again kinxlink has said it all.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Evergreen4(m): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2014
Timijo: How fast can you think? Put your brain to test now.
Here is the question: If only yesterday was tomorrow, today would have been Friday. Which day was this statement made?
Give reason(s)for your answer.
The winner will be announced later in the day.
The answer is FRIDAY.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Ellidude(m): 10:21am On Jul 20, 2014
Seems like the Op has eloped with his airtime.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by zubino(m): 10:26am On Jul 20, 2014
The answer is Wednesday.
Explanation: if yesterday being tuesday is tomorrow being thursday, then today is friday. So the statement was made on wednesday.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Timijo(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2014
Ellidude: Seems like the Op has eloped with his airtime.
Read the post again and you will understand that I am still keeping to my word.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Davidovinci(m): 10:30am On Jul 20, 2014
Here is my calculation.

Assume the day was Wednesday.
Then the next day was Thursday.
The teacher said "I wish yesterday was tomorrow,
today would have been Friday."
=> If yesterday was Thursday, today would have
been Friday. => A correct sentence.
Wednesday is the answer!
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by mailkeem(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2014
The statement was made on Wednesday. See my analysis below;

If Yesterday (Tuesday) was Tomorrow (Thursday), then today (Wednesday) would have been Friday.

QED!
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by mailkeem(m): 10:36am On Jul 20, 2014
Damn!!! Zubino answered before me.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Ellidude(m): 10:42am On Jul 20, 2014
I'd say Sunday because yesterday = Saturday
yesterday = tomorrow so if Saturday is
tomorrow what day would it be!
SATURDAY=TOMORROW
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Timijo(m): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2014
Keep your answer coming, I will announce the winner later in the day. Don't forget, the promise still stands.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Timijo(m): 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
mailkeem: Damn!!! Zubino answered before me.
How sure are you that he is correct? The answer is yet to be announced by me. So you still have a better option.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by mailkeem(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
Timijo: How sure are you that he is correct? The answer is yet to be announced by me. So you still have a better option.

I already answered though...
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by EnterPRO: 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
very interesting
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Doclight(m): 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
Simple today is sunday.

Reason.

If yesterday(saturday) should replace tomorrow(monday), then today shoukd be friday.

B4 saturday is friday.

Thank u

Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by cirmuell(m): 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Feefle use their brain only when money is or it equiv is involved grin
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Les: 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
If saturday(yesterday) the day before sunday(statement day) was saturday(tomoro) the day after friday (the assumed day)

or ....... If yesterday saturday = tomoro saturday,
in between =assumed friday
.'. Yesterday saturday = today sunday(statement day)
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by biona1759: 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
If only yesterday was tomorrow, today would have been Friday. Which day was this statement made?
Wednesday=thursday today would have been friday.the statement was made on wednesday.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by chreldb(m): 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
Answer is Wednesday.

Explanation:

If yesterday (note the word 'if') was tommorow (actual day).

Substitute the word "yesterday" for the clause "Wednesday's yesterday" then substitute the word "tomorrow" for the clause "Wednesday's tomorrow" then you get if Tuesday (Yesterday) was Thursday (actual tomorrow) then today would have been Friday. That is to say if Thursday was yesterday then today would have been Friday. Let me stop there before I get confused grin. But i'm pretty sure i'm correct.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by nwaobitex: 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
THURSDAY
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by iebanehita(m): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
It is only God that knows how much recharge card the OP would give!
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Timijo(m): 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
kinxlink: Here is mine BREAKDOWN,

IF YESTERDAY = TOMORROW, TODAY = FRIDAY
It simply means Tomorrow from his assumption = SATURDAY
But for real, Yur tomorrow was actually yesterday = SATURDAY (NOTE: If yesterday was tomorrow), therefore, he said this on a SUNDAY!
Congratulations to you! You are the first person to get the answer correctly with a concrete explanation. Please send your phone number to me to claim your reward as I promised.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by kinxlink(m): 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
Timijo: Congratulations to you! You are the first person to get the answer correctly with a concrete explanation. Please send your phone number to me to claim your reward as I promised.
08074720439,dat's my number..Thanks You.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Timijo(m): 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
kinxlink: 08074720439,dat's my number..Thanks You.
is dis glo line?
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by kinxlink(m): 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Timijo: is dis glo line?
Ya.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by kinxlink(m): 8:00am On Jul 21, 2014
Yeah, I received d alert this morning and I've come to acknowledge that. I'm really grateful to timijo who don't know me from anywhere and gave me the rechargecard. So nice of you sir. You'll always prosper in all ur endeavours and won't lack anything gd.
Re: The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. by Timijo(m): 11:38am On Jul 21, 2014
kinxlink: Yeah, I received d alert this morning and I've come to acknowledge that. I'm really grateful to timijo who don't know me from anywhere and gave me the rechargecard. So nice of you sir. You'll always prosper in all ur endeavours and won't lack anything gd.
It's my pleasure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Work In Canada As A Nurse / Do Neco Certificates Come With Date Of Birth? / Apply: 2018 Nnpc Siwes/industrial Training Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.