Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

The Holy Spirit Filling A Believer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit Filling A Believer (544 Views)

Evidence Of The Spirit's Filling / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Spirit Filling A Believer by yommyuk: 8:39am On Jul 20, 2014
A choice of enormous significance lies before every believer in Christ. God has given each one the responsibility of deciding who will rule his life. Christians are indwelt and sealed with the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation, but being filled with the Spirit—in other words, being controlled by Him—is optional.

From the moment we are saved, God's Spirit will never leave us (John 14:16). But by refusing to submit to His authority over every area of our lives, we limit His work in and through us. He will not override our wills but waits for us to choose Him.

The Lord wants you to have His power to overcome sin, to become the person He designed you to be, and to accomplish the work He has called you to do. The filling of the Spirit is His provision for this kind of supernatural living. Without it, the Christian life will be full of defeat and discouragement.

God wants to motivate us to desire His fullness, and He will use various methods. Sometimes He places a longing in our hearts to be closer to Him. Other times He uses our feelings of inadequacy and failure that result from trying to live in our own strength. God even uses the example of other Spirit-filled believers to make us want what they have.

The Holy Spirit promises to fill a believer who is willing to yield all aspects of life to Him. This isn't an instantaneous event, but a gradual peeling away of layers of self-rule. As the Lord reveals an area which you have kept under your own control, surrender it to Him, and let Him fill you with His Spirit.

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

1 Corinthians 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,

John 14:15-17
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Guard Your Life / Nigerian Pastor Organises Ebola Crusade / 3 Basic Facts About Girls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.