Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,326 members, 7,853,490 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:38 PM

I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako (1531 Views)

Ex-Adamawa Governor, Murtala Nyako's Son Wanted By EFCC / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Buhari's Certificate: I Withdraw My Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by bilms(m): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2014
I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako

BY MOHAMMED ISMAIL
— Jul 20, 2014 | Leave a comment

Embattled former governor of Adamawa State Murtala Nyako has vowed never to withdraw the memo he addressed to the northern governors despite alleged intimidation and threats of arrest being planned against him.

Nyako, who made the disclosure through his spokesman Malam Ahmad Sajoh, while adding that he will never go back to the PDP, said information at his disposal showed that the Presidency and the Peoples Democratic Party were the main architects of his removal from office.

This is because Nyako, had on July 4 exonerated the Presidency from the impeachment initiated by the lawmakers in the state shortly after his return to the state from Abuja.

He had then blamed some senior Abuja based citizens of the state for his political travails, saying they wanted to distract him from serving the people of the state.

Sajoh, however, said “Information now available and subsequent actions that were taken by the Presidency and the PDP national headquarters and other persons very close to the President must definitely make anyone change his position with regards to whether the Presidency was involved or not. But of course, at the time he made the statement, he made it, believing that it was an Adamawa internal affair. But with the turn of events and the things that happened at the time of the impeachment till date, one will not say the same thing today.”

While adding that he has no regret over his decision while in office, Sajoh said, “As a retired officer of the Nigerian Armed forces and gentleman and as a credible person, he has no regret dumping the PDP and he has no intention of returning to the party,” Sajoh said, adding that Nyako stands by the memo he wrote to the northern governors.

“We believe that he made the statement based on the information available to him as a retired Admiral in the Nigerian Navy; having a very sound military background, having been the person that had the privilege of setting up the intelligence unit of the Nigerian Navy and being a person that knows exactly what security issues are concerned, he weighed all the options before making that statement. And I can tell you that even on his death-bed, he stands by that statement.”

Meanwhile, contrary to speculations that the embattled former governor might have slipped out of the country through the backdoor to avoid arrest by security agents, sources said he followed due process before leaving the country.

The testimony came against the backdrop of speculations that the Federal Government may soon declare the former governor wanted as efforts to locate his whereabouts by security agencies to answer charges of graft and treason against him proved abortive.

In the wake of impeachment proceedings against Nyako, the presidency has ordered the Attorney General of the Federation to compile charges of treason against Nyako so that he can be tried when finally impeached following a memo he sent to the northern governors accusing President Jonathan’s government of responsible for carrying out genocide against northerners.

The source who craved anonymity said the former governor left the country on board a British Airways to London on Wednesday en route London. The source said after he finished his engagement in London, he will then proceed to Saudi Arabia to perform this year’s lesser Hajj before proceeding to Germany where he will receive medical attention before returning to the country.

http://leadership.ng/news/378363/will-never-withdraw-memo-nyako

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by brownlords: 10:13am On Jul 20, 2014
Long story short, Oga did you steal public funds? that is what we want to hear, not senior Abuja citizen or foreigner nonsense you are spewing here

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by shedify: 10:36am On Jul 20, 2014
Nigeria govt and their do and die politics
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by Clerverly: 10:37am On Jul 20, 2014
brownlords: Long story short, Oga did you steal public funds? that is what we want to hear, not senior Abuja citizen or foreigner nonsense you are spewing here

Another senseless post from the Neutral Brownfool!

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by vanbonattel: 10:56am On Jul 20, 2014
Who cares if you withdraw it or not.
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by karlmax2: 11:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Meanwhile his on the run
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by malele(m): 11:20am On Jul 20, 2014
bilms:
I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako

BY MOHAMMED ISMAIL
— Jul 20, 2014 | Leave a comment

Embattled former governor of Adamawa State Murtala Nyako has vowed never to withdraw the memo he addressed to the northern governors despite alleged intimidation and threats of arrest being planned against him.

Nyako, who made the disclosure through his spokesman Malam Ahmad Sajoh, while adding that he will never go back to the PDP, said information at his disposal showed that the Presidency and the Peoples Democratic Party were the main architects of his removal from office.

This is because Nyako, had on July 4 exonerated the Presidency from the impeachment initiated by the lawmakers in the state shortly after his return to the state from Abuja.

He had then blamed some senior Abuja based citizens of the state for his political travails, saying they wanted to distract him from serving the people of the state.

Sajoh, however, said “Information now available and subsequent actions that were taken by the Presidency and the PDP national headquarters and other persons very close to the President must definitely make anyone change his position with regards to whether the Presidency was involved or not. But of course, at the time he made the statement, he made it, believing that it was an Adamawa internal affair. But with the turn of events and the things that happened at the time of the impeachment till date, one will not say the same thing today.”

While adding that he has no regret over his decision while in office, Sajoh said, “As a retired officer of the Nigerian Armed forces and gentleman and as a credible person, he has no regret dumping the PDP and he has no intention of returning to the party,” Sajoh said, adding that Nyako stands by the memo he wrote to the northern governors.

“We believe that he made the statement based on the information available to him as a retired Admiral in the Nigerian Navy; having a very sound military background, having been the person that had the privilege of setting up the intelligence unit of the Nigerian Navy and being a person that knows exactly what security issues are concerned, he weighed all the options before making that statement. And I can tell you that even on his death-bed, he stands by that statement.”

Meanwhile, contrary to speculations that the embattled former governor might have slipped out of the country through the backdoor to avoid arrest by security agents, sources said he followed due process before leaving the country.

The testimony came against the backdrop of speculations that the Federal Government may soon declare the former governor wanted as efforts to locate his whereabouts by security agencies to answer charges of graft and treason against him proved abortive.

In the wake of impeachment proceedings against Nyako, the presidency has ordered the Attorney General of the Federation to compile charges of treason against Nyako so that he can be tried when finally impeached following a memo he sent to the northern governors accusing President Jonathan’s government of responsible for carrying out genocide against northerners.

The source who craved anonymity said the former governor left the country on board a British Airways to London on Wednesday en route London. The source said after he finished his engagement in London, he will then proceed to Saudi Arabia to perform this year’s lesser Hajj before proceeding to Germany where he will receive medical attention before returning to the country.

http://leadership.ng/news/378363/will-never-withdraw-memo-nyako
They should aRrest that man And try him for treason. Northern. Goat
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by idumuose(m): 11:28am On Jul 20, 2014
[/quote] The source who craved anonymity said the former governor left the country on board a British Airways to London on Wednesday en route London. The source said after he finished his engagement in London, he will then proceed to Saudi Arabia to perform this year’s lesser Hajj before proceeding to Germany where he will receive medical attention before returning to the country.[/quote]
Ben johnson + usain Bolt on the run.The Coward is on the run.Nyako is now a fugitive.grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
NYAKO THE CRIMINAL!

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by directimport: 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
the truth about this memo will come out someday,thats sure.
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by Tnot(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
Nyako did the right thing by leaving the country, he should not return until the atmosphere is clear. Let the Northern leaders react to the memo they received. Nyako will return after his treatment in Germany smiley the Northerners should support Nyako,the former chief of defense staff and save the North from the hand of this evil man.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by darlingtonNYIG(m): 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
karlmax2: Meanwhile his on the run
pls is this the karlmax of UNN I know?
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by lacasa: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Gej will account for his sins and face the gauntlet.

Very soon
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by eunisam: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
oga we done hear. Failures will always give escuses
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by donphilopus: 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
malele:
They should aRrest that man And try him for treason. Northern. Goat

Who's this deranged fellow?! So, you had to quote everything just to spew this balderdash?! Guy, try see a Psychiatrist ASAP!
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
Nothing best describes GEJ's involvement in Boko Haram like Nyako's memo.
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
There goes one of the 1d1ots that have continued to fan the embers of discord in this country. Take a look at his travel schedule and you would see a man who could not build a good hospital in his 8 year sojourn as Governor of the state.

He does not deem Adamawa state fit for rest, this is why he has run off to London.

Stup1d f00l! Prevaricating and changing his statement like a petty cr00k that he is.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by tit(f): 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
20pounds: There goes one of the 1d1ots that have continued to fan the embers of discord in this country. Take a look at his travel schedule and you would see a man who could not build a good hospital in his 8 year sojourn as Governor of the state.

He does not deem Adamawa state fit for rest, this is why he has run off to London.

Stup1d f00l! Prevaricating and changing his statement like a petty cr00k that he is.

he is only good for killing, stealing and destroying lives.
The genocidaire!
Did you read the letter he wrote?
He was trying to incite Nigerians against other Nigerians!
We do not need his kind of divisive politics.
He should be brought back in a crate!
and tried for treason
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by cbnsteve059: 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
And how did he manage to leave the country? This is another treasonable offence by the north. GEJ should endeavor to watch his bank.
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by cbnsteve059: 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
And how did he manage to leave the country? This is another treasonable offence by the north. GEJ should endeavor to watch his back.
Re: I Will Never Withdraw My Memo – Nyako by bilms(m): 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Ebonyi Speaker Impeached / Opinion: 40 Things You Won't Hear In The Nigeria Media About Goodluck Jonathan / PDP House Of Rep. Primaries Results For Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.