Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

There Has To Be God !!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Has To Be God !!! (1089 Views)

How To Be God / "God Cannot Be Tempted. Jesus Was Tempted. Therefore, Jesus Cannot Be God". How? / How Can Jesus Be God Almighty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Has To Be God !!! by eduxerxes: 7:19am On Jul 21, 2014
THERE HAS TO BE GOD !!!!

When you go for three consecutive promotion interviews in your office and in the end, your name gets omitted on those three counts and the years roll by,
You cry and sigh... Only then shall you realise that;
THERE HAS TO BE GOD!

When you re clearly feeling so sick and you go to more than three hospitals, they all clear you, stating that you re ok and that nothing was wrong with you,
And you still felt even more sick after all those days without any help from anywhere,
THERE HAS TO BE GOD!

When you re in a market square and all of a sudden, you hear a shoot-out from some hoodlums, shooting at everyone on sight and you see people falling on the strike of the ravaging bullets, and you realise that sooner or later, it would soon be your turn,
THERE HAS TO BE GOD!

When you get married to a beautiful woman and in your dream, you see a big giant man pursuing you with a fiery whip and flogging the hell out of you while you screamed and ran,
And on waking up, you see those stripes of the whip right there on your body with it's accompanying pains live and direct and you just can't explain it,
THERE HAS TO BE GOD!

When your only child is being led into the theatre for a surgery with a 50-50 chance of survival, and he or she starts begging you "Daddy/Mummy, please, don't let me die,,, Please.."
Only then, you ll realise;
THERE HAS TO BE GOD!

When we re in control of things around, we surely would not need God.
That's when we raise philosophical arguments that mocks His existence.
But He lies in wait somewhere for us all;
When we shall be helpless.
When no man can be of any help to us.
Only then,
Just only then,
shall we wish that THERE WAS GOD.

You can not argue God into Existence,
Neither can you argue God out of Existence.
God is, NECESSARILLY....

His existence spites our knowledge or ignorance...
His existence spites our agreement or disagreement...
His existence spites our wisdom or foolishness...
His existence spites our logic or fallacy...
He does not need us to exist.
He existed before existence.
Our brains no matter how powerful, cannot comprehend his mode of existence.

Think of a circle which its centre is EVERYWHERE...
And its circumference is NO WHERE...
Then,
You re thinking about God. Stay blessed! Composed by Dim Canice. https://m.facebook.com/canice.dim
Re: There Has To Be God !!! by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 21, 2014
I think you've made some very valid points. Belief in God mostly has its root in fear and despair.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Has To Be God !!! by Liveair: 8:06am On Jul 21, 2014
rationalmind: I think you've made some very valid points. Belief in God mostly has its root in fear and despair.
Yes, i agree with rationalmind.
As a last resort, most people at crossroads desperately grab on to straw!
Believe in a god, any god for that matter, offers yet another hope.

2 Likes

Re: There Has To Be God !!! by eduxerxes: 9:11am On Jul 21, 2014
Man has to Believe in God...any god at all...meaning Atheism is a non-existant ryt? What d'u guys think? Liveair and rationalmind
Re: There Has To Be God !!! by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 21, 2014
eduxerxes: Man has to Believe in God...any god at all...meaning Atheism is a non-existant ryt? What d'u guys think? Liveair and rationalmind

I don't think you're right saying Man has to believe in God. I think you intended to say man is predisposed to believing in God.

In that case, atheism no longer becomes non-existant.

1 Like

Re: There Has To Be God !!! by Qsscruz(m): 9:25am On Jul 21, 2014
@Op who told you a moral man is ever in control of things. Everything under the sun and above it is controlled by a supreme being..God..Whether in a critical condition or in a pleasant one, he is always there..There is God, only a fool thinks otherwise.

1 Like

Re: There Has To Be God !!! by eduxerxes: 9:31am On Jul 21, 2014
rationalmind:

I don't think you're right saying Man has to believe in God. I think you intended to say man is predisposed to believing in God.

In that case, atheism no longer becomes non-existant.
being predisposed certainly makes it an option at ones will to beliv in a supreme being, however, at a point in time, atheists luk to somtin somwhr to intervene in dia plight, be it a fellow human or what they call "fate". god as I was made to undstand is what we most heartedly attach ourselves to. Ryt?

1 Like

Re: There Has To Be God !!! by macof(m): 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
Liveair:
Yes, i agree with rationalmind.
As a last resort, most people at crossroads desperately grab on to straw!
Believe in a god, any god for that matter, offers yet another hope.

Fear is what draws people to religion. Hope is what keeps them in it.

I tell you Faith has nothing to with christianity, it's just fear and hope
Re: There Has To Be God !!! by macof(m): 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Qsscruz: @Op who told you a moral man is ever in control of things. Everything under the sun and above it is controlled by a supreme being..God..Whether in a critical condition or in a pleasant one, he is always there..There is God, only a fool thinks otherwise.

Yes but telling us that jehovah or Allah is that supreme being is ridiculous
Re: There Has To Be God !!! by Liveair: 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
eduxerxes: Man has to Believe in God...any god at all...meaning Atheism is a non-existant ryt? What d'u guys think? Liveair and rationalmind
No! Man doesn't HAVE to believe in God, he chooses to.
Some choose fate...whatever happens so be it.
In future, when more certain facts would have been discovered and are in public domain concerning the origin of conciousness or the universe, hardly anyone would remain religious.

1 Like

Re: There Has To Be God !!! by rinrin23(f): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Well if you choose to believe that there is a God, then you have to also believe that he created all the situations that you have just listed.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

So are you saying there has to be a God to save you from a situation he created?

What you really need to contend with is whether or not you want to be associated with/worship this God.

Also decide if you want to pray your way out of these situations and thereby maybe strenghten your faith (either with a joyous 'miracle' from God or a sad 'its God's will')

OR

Will you strengthen your own character by accepting that life comes with ups & downs; dealing with the situation and thereby learning from it?

2 Likes

Re: There Has To Be God !!! by qstar(m): 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
eduxerxes: being predisposed certainly makes it an option at ones will to beliv in a supreme being, however, at a point in time, atheists luk to somtin somwhr to intervene in dia plight, be it a fellow human or what they call "fate". god as I was made to undstand is what we most heartedly attach ourselves to. Ryt?

Mom is the only god i know and will continue to know, e'en though she passes on. She's the Almighty

2 Likes

Re: There Has To Be God !!! by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
Qsscruz: @Op who told you a moral man is ever in control of things. Everything under the sun and above it is controlled by a supreme being..God..Whether in a critical condition or in a pleasant one, he is always there..There is God, only a fool thinks otherwise.
...this man; why is your bible so quick to declare those who dont believe its deity a fool? well , the muslim is justitied in seeing you as a fool & a kafir whose neck should be cut. See, the folly of christianity and the other religions!
...and who created God?
Re: There Has To Be God !!! by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
Their is no conscious God.
The fact that we can not explain many things does not mean we should ascribe those phenomenon to god. For instance, Sonponna ( smallpox) used to be seen as a god in yorubaland; however, the works of Edward Jenner has put 'Sonponna' to death! so also a thousand years to come the idea of god would have become history.
Europeans gave us christianity ; how many of them go to church today? that is the march of civilisation!
Re: There Has To Be God !!! by malvisguy212: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
rinrin23: Well if you choose to believe that there is a God, then you have to also believe that he created all the situations that you have just listed.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

So are you saying there has to be a God to save you from a situation he created?

What you really need to contend with is whether or not you want to be associated with/worship this God.

Also decide if you want to pray your way out of these situations and thereby maybe strenghten your faith (either with a joyous 'miracle' from God or a sad 'its God's will')

OR

Will you strengthen your own character by accepting that life comes with ups & downs; dealing with the situation and thereby learning from it?
what the op mean is: when failure and somtin spiritual attack you while you are a sinner, there has to be God to talk to, just like when your husband or fiance broke your heart, there has to be someone to talk to,maby your friend.

PLEASE SISTER. DON'T BE AN ATHEIST.
Re: There Has To Be God !!! by eduxerxes: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Oduduwaboy: Their is no conscious God.
The fact that we can not explain many things does not mean we should ascribe those phenomenon to god. For instance, Sonponna ( smallpox) used to be seen as a god in yorubaland; however, the works of Edward Jenner has put 'Sonponna' to death! so also a thousand years to come the idea of god would have become history.
Europeans gave us christianity ; how many of them go to church today? that is the march of civilisation!
ur opinion is what I'v bn seeking since..."demi-Atheism",

A person who's married, can't bear children. Womb is damaged beyond repair says diagnosis. After some yrs and prayers, she conceives and praises God for his wonderful work. What d'u call that? Gods work or There must be a God!!!
Re: There Has To Be God !!! by Qsscruz(m): 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
...this man; why is your bible so quick to declare those who dont believe its deity a fool? well , the muslim is justitied in seeing you as a fool & a kafir whose neck should be cut. See, the folly of christianity and the other religions!
...and who created God?
You actually quoted me to ask me this? Smh
Re: There Has To Be God !!! by Babacele: 1:45am On Jul 15, 2019
rinrin23:
Well if you choose to believe that there is a God, then you have to also believe that he created all the situations that you have just listed.

OR

hmmmm .....you forgot He created the ' Tree of good and bad

.....' according to Genesis. Isn't everything from Him? Including the Devil .

Right from time immemorial 2 principles has the earth operated with: male ,female; light n darkness; negative n positive; anabolism n catabolism... even at the atomic level this principles manifest , and you would be amazed that the planets are not left out too- everything on earth is under some laws which respect no religious biases, feelings or claims.

The question is :how do we flow with these 2 principles? knowledge. called it self-realizations, evolution or whatever .

(1) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Suspends Female Pastor For Blasphemy / How To Defeat Nigeria's Religious Extremists -Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.