Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,416 members, 7,812,225 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog (4843 Views)

help me identify the breed of this dog / Help Me With Breed Of My Dog.(pics Included). / Can Someone Tell Me The Breed Of This Mighty Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by adebayoggt(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2014
The dog was given to a neighbour's son.he doesnt know the breed and the age.the dog i beleive is not getting the care he deserve.

1 Like

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by ojbanja: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2014
It looks like an advanced Bingo to me.

4 Likes

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by Seun(m): 10:00am On Jul 21, 2014
He is not a bingo.

His ears are really long and floppy. They are similar to the ears found on hounds such as the ones on this page:
http://www.animalplanet.com/breed-selector/dog-breeds/hound-dogs.html

He also has the sad, mopey looking face that many hounds e.g. the bloodhound have.

adebayoggt: The dog i beleive is not getting the care he deserve.
You can help:
- Get the dog fully dewormed (the dewormer I last used on my dog had to be taken twice a day for 3 days)
- Bathe the dog (optional) and rub a quality anti-parasitic powder all over his body (fibronyl spray is better if you can afford it)
- Supplement the current food they are giving him with 1 (or 2) cooked Shawa fish every day. That's just 100 naira.
- For his dental health, give him bones regularly or buy one raw chicken leg for him to chew on from time to time.

If the family is unable to take care of him and you can't afford to spend your own money on him, pls convince them to sell him on Nairaland.
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by MadCow1: 10:03am On Jul 21, 2014
This na Half-Caste Ekuke.

3 Likes

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by arcbay(m): 10:19am On Jul 21, 2014
This is a very pure local dog, although he has the traits of boerboel which could be seen from the shape of his ears and the colour pattern...This dog must have been the product of a local dog(dam) with a cross bred local dog(sire).
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by nwaanambra1(m): 10:19am On Jul 21, 2014
Seun: He is not a bingo.
His ears are really long and floppy. They are similar to the ears found on hounds such as the ones on this page:
He also has the sad, mopey looking face that many hounds e.g. the bloodhound have.
You can help:
- Get the dog fully dewormed (the dewormer I last used on my dog had to be taken twice a day for 3 days)
- Bathe the dog (optional) and rub a quality anti-parasitic powder all over his body (fibronyl spray is better if you can afford it)
- Supplement the current food they are giving him with 1 (or 2) cooked Shawa fish every day. That's just 100 naira.
- For his dental health, give him bones regularly or buy one raw chicken leg for him to chew on from time to time.
If the family is unable to take care of him and you can't afford to spend your own money on him, pls convince them to sell him on Nairaland.

this guy is a god to dogs! cool

2 Likes

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by adebayoggt(m): 11:36am On Jul 21, 2014
arcbay: This is a very pure local dog, although he has the traits of boerboel which could be seen from the shape of his ears and the colour pattern...This dog must have been the product of a local dog(dam) with a cross bred local dog(sire).
d shape of the mouth and ear is like boerboel for sure he also has a thin waist like hound.i can take care of him but my wife will not allow me take custody of a grown dog that is nt familiar with d children as a puppy.she doesnt like dog b4.bt she's changing with my gsd.she knew her from 8weeks.

1 Like

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by adebayoggt(m): 11:48am On Jul 21, 2014
Oga seun tanks for d help.even u've bn helpful wen i just got my gsd.im a newbie wen it comes 2 dog.i've raised bingos b4 as a kid.that topic has bn lost sha!
Million tanks.

1 Like

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by Seun(m): 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
arcbay: This is a very pure local dog, although he has the traits of boerboel which could be seen from the shape of his ears and the colour pattern...This dog must have been the product of a local dog(dam) with a cross bred local dog(sire).
adebayoggt:
d shape of the mouth and ear is like boerboel for sure he also has a thin waist like hound.i can take care of him but my wife will not allow me take custody of a grown dog that is nt familiar with d children as a puppy.she doesnt like dog b4.bt she's changing with my gsd.she knew her from 8weeks.
I agree with you guys. It's more likely to be a Boerboel cross-breed since hounds are very rare in Nigeria and Boerboels are more common.

@adeboayoggt: I'm glad. We ought to bring back the topic.
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by Jcob(m): 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
Looks like an unkept boerboel
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by MadCow1: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by henry007(m): 11:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
the dogs need to eat, I'm pretty sure its a very muscular breed
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by samyan12: 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
What breed is this dog too pls?

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by henry007(m): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
samyan12: What breed is this dog too pls?
mongrel ....won't say pure local dog

1 Like

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by Soknown: 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
samyan12: What breed is this dog too pls?
This look like a cross-breed between a Belgian Malinoes and GSD or GSD with a local dog( based on the coat , the ear and the gait).
The dog in the first picture is a poorly-fed or ill Boerbull .
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by chucky234(m): 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
Advanced bingos on parade.
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by Belexy(m): 10:16am On Jul 29, 2014
Just curious.... plz what breed of dog is the local Nigerian street dog that's commonly seen around ?
I just got one wink and i intend getting like two more.

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by cbrass(m): 11:15am On Jul 29, 2014
The dog has more similarity with a dashhound than a boerbeol . Look at the paws and ears,the short height too
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by AdelokikiMr(m): 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Belexy: Just curious.... plz what breed of dog is the local Nigerian street dog that's commonly seen around ?
that's a mixed breed with local and boarbull I guess but defintly nt a pure breed.
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by Mckandre(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
the first dog is nothing like boaboel.well, is it because of the folded ears? Mehn m surprised you guys are saying boaboel,could you look at the pastern or the long muzzled head ,its nothing like boaboels . alot could be said its from English hounds family like wolfhound,bloodhound,basset or beagle bloodline mix. nevertheless the dog can still perform its task, feed him well and exercise him well Cos after the long run you will have a healthy dog that can meet peoples fancy and in no time you're up for a good biz
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by Seun(m): 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
Belexy: Just curious.... plz what breed of dog is the local Nigerian street dog that's commonly seen around ?
People think you're asking for the breed, but you know that (local). It doesn't have any official name, but it's known as 'bingo' or 'ekuke' in Yoruba.
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by Belexy(m): 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
Seun: People think you're asking for the breed, but you know that (local). It doesn't have any official name, but it's known as 'bingo' or 'ekuke' in Yoruba.

Chai... see as u finish my puppy. sad

But i want to believe dat our local dogs here should have a breed. The almost all look alike.
I tried to check online for breeds and dey look like a Basanji breed.
Oya pple shd talk oh.... i want my puppy to av a breed. wink
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by cbrass(m): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
Belexy:

Chai... see as u finish my puppy. sad

But i want to believe dat our local dogs here should have a breed. The almost all look alike.
I tried to check online for breeds and dey look like a Basanji breed.
Oya pple shd talk oh.... i want my puppy to av a breed. wink

Their breed is mongrel
Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by Seun(m): 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
Germany has German Shepherds. Perhaps we can call ours the Nigerian Hunting Dog. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by GmajorDaniel: 9:57am On Nov 16, 2023
Please help me to identify If this is mixed german with bull mastiff or local dog. I was told and showed the mum as a german shepherd but the dad I didn't see it. I am having doubt if this is a local dog or a mixed breed? She's 2 months and some weeks old. Please help me. Thank you

Re: Help Determine The Breed Of The Dog by bassdow: 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2023
Seun:
He is not a bingo.

You can help:

This is how you tell a Dog lover, from one who isn't

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of HPV Genital Warts Naturally? / My Alabai Just Littered 11 Puppies. / Man fighting for his dear life with a tiger( Graphic photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.