Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Random Facts About Ebonyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Random Facts About Ebonyi (33160 Views)

Pictures : Random Pictures Of The Nigerian Air-force / Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! / Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
biggiyke: Patoranking: Born Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie. From Ebonyi State.
seriously I thought he was ijoid!
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by passion007: 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
0merta: Along with states like Zamfara, Jigawa and Yobe, Ebonyi is also ranked by the Federal Ministry of Education as an Educationally Less developed State (ELDS) and therefore, Indigenes of the state require lesser marks to get admitted into Federal Universities, other Federal higher institutions and Unity Schools...

That's a fact too! grin grin grin
The times have changed, my dear.
Ebonyi's cutoff in the last Unity Schools entrance exam was 112, and the ONLY Northern states that scored higher were Kogi and Kwara. In the South, Ebonyi scored better than Cross River and Bayelsa.
Ebonyi is getting there.

11 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Onyiibazz: 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
smileandlove: Ndi ibeanyi nda ga unu nmere? Unu nohu ereme? Unu bukwara! Ezi uzo chee unuoooo!

OP are you from Okposi?

Nembu onye umuka okposi, ekene m ndi okposi
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Goahead(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
I just love the GREEN nature of the state.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Dannylux: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
IzyLuv:

Federal University of Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo, Ebonyi state...,.FUNAI grin....

Yeah, I know about that but that wasn't his point. Those things aren't taken into consideration when it comes to Federal Universities of these aforementioned states.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Dannylux: 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
IzyLuv:

Federal University of Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo, Ebonyi state...,.FUNAI grin....
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by SalC: 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
IzyLuv:

U can either walk away...

Or u tell it to leave that you don't want trouble...(like ma Granny does grin)...

Some pple pour red oil over it or white powder...(peace offering)

Ist day i saw it, i just stood there and kept screaming "aká"
Lol yes I heard some people will be petting and praising it till it goes away grin lol

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by demolaprof(m): 8:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
As a serving corp memba in ebonyi state, I've bin yearning to knw who AKANU IBIAM is because of dat polytechnic named after him and d intl airport in enugu. The indigenes here couldn't provide me wit a satisfactory answer. Wit dis piece, i now knw wu d man is. Tanks OP for this informative piece. Chineke go zia re (God bless u)

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
jericco1: I don't even understand any of this, are these the random facts the state or they're just list of prominent people from Ebonyi?

Agreed. This is no random facts about Ebonyi, but about prominent people from Ebonyi. Misleading headline.

3 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by spyder880(m): 8:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
I have worked in Ebonyi state before, building houses for some Nairalander, I have a picture of the biggest fish I have ever seen caught on that thread.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Trendy4gud(f): 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
wheesin: ebonyi...abakaliki..i lived their throughout my childhood for 10 years..i learnt igbo language there also..still remember ezza and ezzi local gov..wit deir weird igbo language version..aldough a boring state hardly in the news but its peacefully... i hail Dr sam egwu..governor till 2007
Can you please reset your calender just for this moment?
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Prowizy2(m): 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
mecussey: I schooled at Unwana...we see a whole lot of snakes and scopion(akpi). Their girls bath outside and they got much boobs. Akanu ibiam was great anyway

Talk true? shocked shocked

Chai I dey miss!! angry
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
MsMichaelz: Funny Ebonyi people. God help you, u wear khaki or nysc brooch go market na there u go know say khaki no be leather. Market men and women will double or triple the price of their wares. Although the state is peaceful, I think most Ebonyians are lazy ( from observation,I stand to be corrected).
don't let me use harsh word on you. who told you that ebonyians are lazy? we work hard. do you think it is easy to farm? idiot

5 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
MsMichaelz: Funny Ebonyi people. God help you, u wear khaki or nysc brooch go market na there u go know say khaki no be leather. Market men and women will double or triple the price of their wares. Although the state is peaceful, I think most Ebonyians are lazy ( from observation,I stand to be corrected).

Things dey damn xpensive for Abakaliki. If one can survive there, u can survive for any other place for naija. Ebonyians ain't lazy...they are so-so hardworking.

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by sol2galay: 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
chezzy13: Am proud of my state.

Adaeze Jokwa!

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by mecussey(m): 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Prowizy2:

Talk true? shocked shocked

Chai I dey miss!! angry

..what are u missing...the bobby? You are lost, they no get water apart from stone water and some small dump of water but they like taking the bath outside and their bust is heavy. I dont knw why anyway but i enjoy the view
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
0merta: Have the Ezzas and Izzis stopped slaughtering and eating themselves?

Their rivalry dates back to the beginning of the 19th century. Not only do they kill themselves in intermittent, internecine and fraticidal Wars, they are also known to take the Corpses of their Victims home to be roasted as Suya.

This, no doubt, is a fact too!
stupid. think twice
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by 573V31D(m): 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
@OP where afikpo for this post...
Ndi ehugbo no neba unu jokwa ooo!:-D

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by ogbo17: 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ehugbo Ohu unu kaa

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by soludo93(m): 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Prof John Ogbu is my late Brother, from Umueziukwu Umudomi Igboeze Onicha, Ebonyi State.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by IGBOSON1: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
spyder880: I have worked in Ebonyi state before, building houses for some Nairalander, I have a picture of the biggest fish I have ever seen caught on that thread.

^^^You could transfer the pic to this thread as some of us don't know the thread you're talking of!

With those pristine rivers, i always suspected Ebonyi would have an abundance of tasty fishes!
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
passion007: Ebonyi is recognised as having an total of 9 languages, all of which are actually Igbo dialects. They are: Afikpo, Mgbo, Izzi, Ezza, Ikwo Kukele, Legbo, Mbembe, Oringare.
Now, I doubt this.
I've heard too many tongues to concur to your seeming spurious fact.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by salt1: 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
vanndubi:

The only relationship is that Ebonyi south (Afikpo zone) and Abia north were both in old Imo state and they both greet "Jökwa". Although they share common boundary, I think their culture and dialect are wide apart.

You are wrong, dear. They are very culturally related. Afikpo, Edda, Nkporo, Item, Ohafia and Abiriba share a very complex set of relationships called Ikwu. Unlike other Igbos, they are matrilineal and the bonds span all these towns that I mentioned. An Amasiri person may not marry her Ikwu who is from Item.

There are also several similarities in language: Jokwa and ka a.
They also share several festivals like mbe and ikpo.
I am from Amasiri and I studied our people's history and language

Some people say Ebonyians are lazy. When you compare with the Anambra and Abia Igbos, this is painfully true. Our people are so laid back and not as enterprising. Truth doesn't hurt. Afikpo side isn't as enterprising and Abakaliki people are too crude. TRUTH!

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by platz(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
peaceful Ebonyi....... God bless my farther land

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by cr8v(f): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ok, u wan hear more?
Dr. Offia Nwali is the first Nigerian to study computer science and thought same in the US for years before relocating to become a senator in the defunct fisrt republic. He is from Ameka in Ebonyi State

Sam Loco Efe was born and brought up in Ebonyi State. His mother used to sale corn in Abakaliki where he learnt to speak Igbo

Most of the actors of living in Bondage all schooled in Abakaliki including Andy, Paulo and Merit

Pete Edochie lived many years in Abakaliki before coming to prominence

The Rice Mill in Abakaliki is the biggest in West Africa

5 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
So una mean say those fine girls wey I see for frontpage na from ABAKELEKE? grin grin grin
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Donmarrius: 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
I learnt Ebonyi has oil at Izzi!
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Onwe101(m): 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Proud of my state.....ngbo ma zone
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by wheesin(m): 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
Trendy4gud:
Can you please reset your calender just for this moment?

lol..i meant to say governor of the state frm 20xx to 2007 when i left.. stop miscalculating my words undecided
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by chinex276(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ndi'anyi ineh kele unuh'ooo, unu tokwehu ooo #proudlyIKWOguy2dcore
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by chinex276(m): 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
platz: peaceful Ebonyi....... God bless my farther land
nna i luv ur patriotism... Umu Ebonyi, umu CHUKWU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram / Kano To Separate Female From Male Passengers In Tricycles (Photo) / Nigerian Air Force Jet "Accidentally" Bombs Kunkuna Village, Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.