Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Samuel Peter Beaten! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Peter Beaten! (1484 Views)

Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife / Peter Okoye Sets Up A Football Management Agency / Referee Beaten Blue Black Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Peter Beaten! by drossy(m): 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2008
samuel peter loses at eight round
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by tosinadeda: 12:01am On Oct 12, 2008
I sensed this coming!
Sad he lost!
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by sniperwolf(m): 7:16am On Oct 12, 2008
I'm not really a fan of bowing but anyway the guy has done the country proud to some reasonable extend.
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by froz(m): 7:40am On Oct 12, 2008
he lost? not a fan of boxing,i think that sport should be scrapped, no helmet ,noothin.just blowing brains out and filling up the psychriatic hospitals.
still prefer the olpymic kind of boxing ,where u can put on helmet and point is received for punches and good moves not knock outs.samuel peter sorryy oooo , u win some u lose some
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by chessguru(m): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2008
@all
win or lose SAM is a great guy and NIGERIAN /AFRICAN HERO, before him how many Nigerians has gone this far in boxing? the fact that he lost today does not take his achievement from him, SAMUEL PETERS FOR LIFE!!
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:01am On Oct 12, 2008
He lost??

Was he knocked out or what??
If he was knocked out, then thats really sad.
But all the same, he still has a chance at a come back.

Maybe the over-whelming accolades he recieved on his previous victory got to his head that he forgot to train.
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by sniperwolf(m): 9:09am On Oct 12, 2008
I'm not really a fan of bowing but anyway the guy has done the country proud to some reasonable extend.
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by desgiezd(m): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2008
Samuel Peter yesterday lost his WBC heavyweight belt to Ukranian boxer, Vitali Klitschko after an eight round technical knockout.
The 37-year-old Klitschko - elder brother of IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight champion Vladimir - added the WBC crown to the family's collection having last fought in December 2004 before a knee injury led to his temporary retirement.
Peter, dubbed the "Nigerian Nightmare" with a record of 30 wins and now 2 defeats, managed just once to defend the title he won against Russia's Oleg Maskaev on March 8 and never threatened Klitschko.
The Nigerian made a good start and caught the Ukrainian on the shoulder in the first round with a heavy shot as he took advantage of Klitschko's low guard.
But Klitschko, who boasts the highest overall knockout ratio of any heavyweight champion with 36 wins and now 35 knock-outs, caught the Nigerian with several shots to the face in the second round.
In an impressive build-up, the Pussycat Dolls sang and five former heavyweight champions - Evander Holyfield, George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Mike Tyson and Lewis - all sent video messages of support for Klitschko.
And the Ukrainian was rarely troubled as he constantly landed telling punches while Peter rarely made telling contact.
Having promised their mother they would both be world champions at the same time, Vitali then fulfilled his side of the bargain with several damaging combinations and at the end of the eighth round Peter signalled he had endured enough.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=124918

This really isn't good enough for a heavyweight defending champion
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by semid4lyfe(m): 10:10am On Oct 12, 2008
I saw this coming because if peter did not score a t.k.o,klitschko was always going to win on points.According 2 bbc sports,klitschko controlled d fight 4rm start 2 finish.1thing must be said though,peter neva gave up d fite,it was his corner dat withdrew him.
Anyhow sha,loss na loss.
Poor guy.
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by martho(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2008
the main fact is that samuel could not continue anymore,he was hit continuosly on the eyes,he had to stop because he couldnot see clearly anymore,and that was the best thing to do,otherwise he will be knocked down disgracefully,klitschko is a very dangerous man, very technical and intelligent ,his height is an advantage.he avoided all samuel plan,u could see the way he blocked all samuel punches.the germans described samuel as a weak champion,i dont quite agree,though he was beaten in every round,but he should have been more brutal.from the first round samuel was impressed with klitschko,he loss a bit of confidence,he should have attacked more often.overall klits, is a true champion.samuel must step up with skills and technik otherwise he will never be a champion anymore.it is a pity his reign was shortlived. i was dissapointed ,i couldnot sleep yesterday,i almost watched it live and thank God i didnot.
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by mingiix: 1:14pm On Oct 12, 2008
It is a shame Peter lost. With over over 99.9% of the spectators in the Berlin o2 world supporting Klitschko it will be hard to lose. I and my nephew ( Apart from a few people at ringside) were virtually the only supporters Sam had. Our voices were drowned. I spoke in english and in pidgin to raise sam's morale but to no avail. If you noticed, how many people stood up during the Nigerian national anthem?
At the end, we had to leave with our tails between our legs. Going back to my good old country ( England) with shame. Peter!! I am still your supporter. I will be at any of your fights anywhere in the world.
Re: Samuel Peter Beaten! by A40(m): 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2008
This loss still dey vex me its gonna take a while before Samuel Peters gets a shot at that belt again but this Klitschko dude had not fought in almost 4 years and still had powder on his face after 8 rounds with Samuel Peters it was very embarassing

(1) (Reply)

Germany's Number One Goalkeeper Takes A Toilet Break Mid-match / 2+ Odd Daily Bookies Is In Trouble / 12 Nigerian Players In 2016 January Big Transfer Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.