Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Rate My Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Rate My Site (757 Views)

Please Rate My Ecommerce Store / How To Remove Localhost From My Site ? / I Need A Good Payment Processor That Can Accept ATM Payment On My Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rate My Site by urihsab: 6:19am On Oct 12, 2008
My most recent site. Constructive criticism of the design is welcome.
Re: Rate My Site by yawatide(f): 6:43am On Oct 12, 2008
Nice use of drupal wink

A few pointers:
1) The norm is to have a left nav andor a top nav.  I would do away with the right nav.  You can always find a place for it under the left nav.

2) Computer labs page would probably be served better if you made all those photos into a slide show as opposed to what seems like an infinite scroll.

3) No form on the contact page.  Those of us who are not in Nigeria but would like to send someone they know to the school might not have the time to buy a card to call, be at home during the office hours (given time zones), or mail a physical letter.

4) Call me a photos freak (they do speak a thousand words), but I think it would have been nice to associate the names of each faculty member with a photo.  Makes it more personable and besides, many schools do it that way.

5) I think there is too much white space b/w your logo and the "African Uni" text.  You need to bring them closer somehow or find other things you could use to fill up the space.

6) Identifying a school with "business opportunities" sort of rubs me the wrong way.  Even if the client insists, I would try, if you haven't done so already, to discourage them.  There are other words you could have used.  Right now, I am thinking, "Invest in the future of our country" or something like that.

7) I think you should do something about your page names.  Having a url with "node" doesn't cut it for me or the search engines. Doing a search for "aust" brought up a school in Australia. Doing a full search based on the name of your school brought up: http://www.aust-abuja.org/ at which point, I got confused cos both ur site and this one look the same.

Thanks,

(1) (Reply)

Web Caches Problem - Help! / Windows Internet Explorer 8: Get The Facts / Where Is Cactus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.