Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

ABS Light Comes On And Off - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABS Light Comes On And Off (818 Views)

My Oil Light Comes On 1 Minute After I Start My Engine. / ABS Light Comes On Sometimes Help Needed / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABS Light Comes On And Off by gabelogan(m): 12:29am On Jul 22, 2014
I drive a 08 Toyota carry, recently I got a mechanic to fix some suspension parts (tie rods, shaft,stabiliser bushing and brake pads). After he returned my vehicle, I notices the ABS lights keep coming on and going off intermittently, what could be the problem?
The steering also feels loose, and when turned to the extreme right or left at times, it doesn't return.
Car enthusiasts, I'd appreciate some sound advice
Re: ABS Light Comes On And Off by mayor2013: 3:29am On Jul 22, 2014
When you have an issue like this the first thing you are to do is run a scan on that car to get the cause. Am also looking at a situation where by your mechanic has damage you front wheel speed senors or wirings, since he worked on the suspensiona. So please go run a scan
Re: ABS Light Comes On And Off by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 23, 2014
gabelogan: I drive a 08 Toyota carry, recently I got a mechanic to fix some suspension parts (tie rods, shaft,stabiliser bushing and brake pads). After he returned my vehicle, I notices the ABS lights keep coming on and going off intermittently, what could be the problem?
The steering also feels loose, and when turned to the extreme right or left at times, it doesn't return.
Car enthusiasts, I'd appreciate some sound advice

I gave you an advice and a link. That got me a ban by the insane spambot. Or is it? Hmmmmmm wink cheesy grin

Anyhoo, I am certain that it's the wheel speed sensor on your car.

You either have one that is improperly reinstalled or a loose wire. Should be a simple fix.

Additionally, if I were you I would stop driving that car until you solve your steering issues. There are three things I do not play with in my shop/cars: gas leak, loose steering and brakes.

(1) (Reply)

Automatic Or Manual Transmission? / Air-free Tires That Cannot Run Flat From Hankook / Three Advantages Of CAT Caterpillar ET Diagnostic Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.