Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Higher Everyday For 22 July, 2014 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday For 22 July, 2014 (534 Views)

Higher Everyday For 16 July, 2014 / Higher Everyday For 15 July, 2014 / Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Higher Everyday For 22 July, 2014 by oghalesluv(m): 6:34am On Jul 22, 2014
Good morning and welcome to todays Higher everyday for Tuesday, July 22, 2014

TITLE : MODERN MANIA.

TEXT:"All things are lawfull unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any" 1Corinthains.6:12(KJV)

The word "mania" means preoccupation or addiction to something. Once upon a time
addictions were all about hard drugs and alcohol, but today, there are a new set of addictions.

It has assumed a new social and
cultural dimension. In October 2013, there was a story about a teen who committed suicide. His mobile phone had been
withdrawn as punishment for not doing his homework and he could not imagine life without the device.

This led to his death by suicide. Obsessions could be deadly.
Obsession with the internet or to social media platform like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram has taken many young people
from internet use to internet dependenceand addiction. An addict will stay with his enslaving habit even when he knows that
this is ruining him.

Apostle Paul says, “all things are not expedient" and that he will
make use of legitimate things but he will never permit anything to control him. As a Christian, you should make the same declaration.

Challenge: Better be in control than be on a roll.

Prayer:Father, break every enslaving habit in my life.

Further Reading:Matthew 6:24-33

Quotation:Obsessions could be deadly.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday For 22 July, 2014 by May5(f): 10:14am On Jul 22, 2014
Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Reward For Labour / The Three Parables in Luke 15 / Draw Strength In The Lord By Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.