Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York (24332 Views)

Thugs Beat Mother, Smash Baby Against The Floor / Smugglers At Badagry Beat Journalist To Coma (graphic Photos) / Airforce Men Beat FAAN Staff To Coma At Lagos Airport (see Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by topsyking: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
An 18-year-old Nigerian man who is based in Long Island, New York, was arrested over the weekend for killing his 15-year-old brother and beating his mother into a coma.

The man, Charles Okonkwo Jr., 18,a mentally unstable teenager.

He has been charged for assaulting his mother, Chinwe Okonkwo, however; he is yet to be charged for the death of Bradley Okonkwo, his brother,

Charles’ father had just returned from a hospital visit on Saturday, when he discovered Bradley, dead in his bedroom. He then found his wife on the garage floor, laying down unconscious, surrounded by a pool of her own blood.

Mrs Okonkwo, who is a respected medical doctor, suffered severe facial fractures and brain swelling. She is said to be in critical condition.
Mrs Okonkwo, a Brooklyn doctor, has received the Congressional Leadership Award and runs Hope Outreach Foundation, a nonprofit organization that promote public health in Brooklyn and across the world.

It is unclear how Bradley died – medical examiners are still carrying out tests to find out.

Charles has reportedly admitted to “hurting” his mother and brother.

Speaking on the incident, a friend of the Okonkwo family, Lawrence Monwe, said: ‘This is very tragic. No one saw it coming…This was the perfect family you wouldn’t expect it to happen to.”
Members of Long Island's Nigerian immigrant community stopped by the Okonkwo house on Sunday to pay their respects to the family.

'This is very tragic. No one saw it coming,' family friend Lawrence Monwe told Newsday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2700104/New-York-teen-arrested-killing-brother-15-brutally-beating-respected-doctor-mother-coma.html#ixzz38CiIxRhS
http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/07/22/18-year-old-nigerian-man-arrested-in-ny-for-killing-brother-beating-mother-into-a-coma/

Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by donphilopus: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
These people sef. Why are they doing this to Nigeria?! So, their used-to-be home-based crime, is now acknowledged in diaspora?!

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
A son beating his mother almost to death and killing his brother, na wa o
Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by Cecediva(f): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
Wish the woman quick recovery
Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by shizzle11(m): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
so sad his younger brother died, a term in jail and a correctional facility will serve him well

RIp Bradley Okonkwo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by oldenglish: 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
Send your children home at least to do the secondary school and feel a bit of reality of this life.

38 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by topsyking: 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
oldenglish: Send your children home at least to do the secondary school and feel a bit of reality of this life.
your comment make me reply u.... for parent in usa not uk.. usa atleast send ur children back to do secondary school at home.. my uncle did it.when his son was always in trouble in georgia..he send him home to continue ss1 in a private secondary schl.. now the boy can speak yoruba and can also reason like an african.. not like AKATA/african america...

28 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by Hero10001: 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
Maybe The guy discovered he was bought from a Baby factory.
R.i.p Brad.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
Smh •
Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by mencade5(m): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
single parents? No father? No wonder!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
Tribal bashing thread...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
mencade5: single parents? No father? No wonder!

shocked Transgender alert grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by mencade5(m): 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
okparaugo:

shocked Transgender alert grin
excuse me?! Do i know your from adam? tongue
your name sound familiar, but i still cant recall where i know you from?tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
mencade5: excuse me?! Do i know your from adam? tongue
your name sound familiar, but i still cant recall where i know you from?tongue

One of my guys is looking for a girlfriend though...
Re: Nigerian Teenager Kill Brother & Beat Mother To Coma In New York by mencade5(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
okparaugo:

One of my guys is looking for a girlfriend though...
tell am make he go toast mukina2. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man, 33, Defiles 5-yr-old Girl; 4 Men Gang-rape 13-yr-old / Policeman Shoots Driver Dead In Ekiti Because Of N50 (Graphic Photos) / Jacinta Chinenye Ndem: Burial Of Corper Who Died In An Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.