Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects (10568 Views)

Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018 / Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria / Zip Codes For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by BusinessDayNg2: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
As the delay in reaching the final investment decision (FID) for the triad of Olokola Liquefied Natural Gas (OKLNG), Brass LNG and Train 7 projects continues, Nigeria risks losing a big chunk of the high-demand Asian LNG markets as competition from other exporters grows.

The inability to secure long-term market commitment and delay in the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) continue to constitute a major setback to the projects, BusinessDay has learnt.

Dolapo Oni, energy analyst at Ecobank, says there is a huge demand around the world for LNG, particularly in Asia and Europe, noting that Nigeria is not expanding capacity as much as it should because of domestic gas requirements.

According to global management firm McKinsey, four factors will be the major drivers of future market dynamics and prices in the global gas market. They include the pace and volume of North American LNG exports, demand growth for LNG in Asia, LNG supply from Australia, East Africa, Middle-East and Russia, and the price of oil.

McKinsey explains that North American gas developers are keen to export their plentiful supply of cheap LNG to higher priced markets, adding that by the end of 2013 they had applied for export permits for more than 380 billion cubic metres per year, equivalent to all of the world’s current liquefaction capacity.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/time-running-out-for-nigerias-lng-projects/#.U85vDWbTXMI

2 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by musb92yahooco: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
End time

2 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by stinggy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nigeria-on-the-brink undecided
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by flowjoe: 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
We shall make it in due time grin

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by yorke1: 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
How e k consine me
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by ksusi: 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
committee is going to be set up by the FG

7 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by moneybag100: 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
Now players running on pitch like it's training.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by bigsam360(m): 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
I comment my Reserve!!
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Bawsse(m): 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
i would comment... but let me read it first
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Phonon: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
This is the more reason why NLNG should complete this recruitment and employ plenty people so that Nigeria can meet world demand. TIME IS RUNNING OUT. grin

13 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by MrRhymes101(m): 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
funny comments....can't help but wonder if they read the article at all
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by alotofgrace(m): 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
really?

that sounds to me that the (unserious) boys in the gas markets can take there leave now
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by buJu234: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Op its a pity that Nigeria current leaders and economic team have little to offer when it comes to building GDP but noise making 4 political gains & their lootings...

3 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Philtrik(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
MrRhymes101: h
you ok?
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by McLuhan(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
Sometimes you wonder why Nigeria always manages to bungle even its best opportunities. So pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Wilson125(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
I reserve ma comment

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by alotofgrace(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
Phonon: This is the more reason why NLNG should complete this recruitment and employ plenty people so that Nigeria can meet world demand. TIME IS RUNNING OUT. grin

really? when first class and 2.1 graduates of engineering failed the [size=58pt]WAEC[/size] nlng trainee test, i wonder who passed?
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by princeFAD: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
Phonon: This is the more reason why NLNG should complete this recruitment and employ plenty people so that Nigeria can meet world demand. TIME IS RUNNING OUT. grin

It seems you are looking for job bro

2 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by estyvino(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
ksusi: committee is going to be set up by the FG
you forgot to add, 7man committee lolz

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Phonon: 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
Naaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. If you do need a job, let me know. My statement was a joke.

princeFAD:

It seems you are looking for job bro

2 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Brass LNG should come on stream by 2017 while Chevron's Escravos Gas To Liquid and Bonny LNG are all also doing quite well, Olokola LNG is however a dead project, both the govt and the IOCs have basically pulled out.
If only NASS would pass the PIB and reverse the trend of major IOCs increasingly divesting from Nigeria. Virtually all the major projects are on hold due to policy instability .

2 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Chidexter(m): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
I'm just here to read the comments
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Phonon: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
A First class degree has nothing to do with passing a test. If an average student prepares for a test, he will do better than an excellent student who didn't prepare well. It is just that simple. Besides, anyone who can regurgitate lecture notes in exams can get a First Class in Nigerian universities these days.

alotofgrace:

really? when a first class graduate of elect/elect failed the [size=58pt]WAEC[/size] nlng trainee test, i wonder who passed?

6 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by mizzy007(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dey r busy impeaching gov's, deputy's n speakers.

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by jayseehe(m): 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
i am a year older today

want to use this opportunity to invite nairalanders to my birthday bash today...

Seun, I'll be expecting you grin

u all are invited

location is...
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by alotofgrace(m): 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Phonon: A First class degree has nothing to do with passing a test. If an average student prepares for a test, he will do better than an excellent student who didn't prepare well. It is just that simple. Besides, anyone who can regurgitate lecture notes in exams can get a First Class in Nigerian universities these days.

and who didnt prepare for the test bro?
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Phonon: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
Everyone prepared. I am just saying that not everyone prepared the same way and sometimes bad luck just happens. Some other times a little more effort would have made the difference. Life is unfair.

alotofgrace:

and who didnt prepare for the test bro?

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
I'm looking forward to people's opinion on this, If they have an opinion (that is) or if they have an Inkling of what the article is about..
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by alotofgrace(m): 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Phonon: Everyone prepared. I am just saying that not everyone prepared the same way and sometimes bad luck just happens. Some other times a little more effort would have made the difference. Life is unfair.

was it that guy dat left 10mins into the exam or the lady that was shading some 2 boxes per question? common men. anyways who don cross don cross.

back to the matter, what could be the issue with LNG? they recently awarded cash in billions to Universities... this shouldnt be happening now because the Asian markets had earlier shown interest in the north american supply
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Alexk2(m): 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
My heart skiped @ the mention of OKLNG. these are huge employment generating
firms that can turn the economy of the country around in few years.
I did my 6mths SIWES there in 2009 and i'm very much aware of how
irresponsible our govt can be by not showing commitment in the best of
ideas.
OKLNG is jointly owned by SHELL(19.50%), CHEVRON(19.50%), BG(14.25%) and
NNPC(40%) but BG pulled out coz of poor commitment from the FG and
there share was shared btw NNPC and Chevron(22.74%)....unfortunately,
Shell and Cheron pulled out in 2012 and 2013 respectively for same
reason and rendering many jobless in the process. I'm aware Dangote and
other locals biz mogul are coming in to save OKLNG...pray itz true.

Same
collabo. with brass and others.

Nigeria need serious prayer from bad leadership coz our suffering isnt
because of what we dont have but greed and selfishness.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Commonest Problems Using Aliexpress. / Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 / LASG Reopens Alaba And Trade Fair Markets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.