Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! (10823 Views)

Important Vehicle Documents That Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. / PROCESS ALL UR VEHICLE DOCUMENTS, PLATE NUMBER, VEHICLE LIECENCE HERE / Portable Power To Handle Any Emergency, Dont Get Caught Dead. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by dreamxml(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2008
Hello Igwe,
I have a query bout a car n im totally confused.
I have been offered to buy a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Edition for 20k$ and i want to know if its worth buying.
Its mileage is 24,700.
Pls get in touch with me asap.
Cheers
Its alos gt a v engine with navigation.
shud i go for.
Cheers
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by igwe11(m): 11:07pm On Nov 04, 2008
sorry for not responding on time as the thread isn't mine.

I think the price of 20k usd is worth it at 24.700 km miles.
Am sorry about the reliability and fuel economy since i have not used it b/4.
You can also google the brand history and its performance database for double assurance.

You can read more from this http://www.myride.com/preview/2005_honda_accord-preview-162-page2.html
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by vehcldocs: 12:31am On Nov 05, 2008
olu-romeo:

Vehicledoc, thanks for ur reply. how do we that buys cars for like 600k now drive around?

Just continue driving and stay away from custom officers till you start renewing your documents, that is after a year or so.
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by bigfather(m): 8:58am On Nov 05, 2008
vehcl.docs:

Just continue driving and stay away from custom officers till you start renewing your documents, that is after a year or so.

Are you saying that once i renew my papers i.e after one year,i could drive around town ? Even flaunt my ride before the customs ? undecided
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by vehcldocs: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2008
big father:

Are you saying that once i renew my papers i.e after one year,i could drive around town ? Even flaunt my ride before the customs ? undecided

No i did not say you should flaunt your ride, i believe you won't do that because investigation can still reveal things. But what i mean is that your car will not be seen as Toks again after a year and you can drive with no fear. Thanks
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by bigfather(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2008
O ga gan o ! But how will they know the car has been used up to a year naa ? undecided
What of guys that maintain cars like children ?
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by vehcldocs: 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2008
Your documents shows your car is registered more than a year. In some situations just try to keep off and use instinct also.  lipsrsealed
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by bigfather(m): 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2008
May God help us !
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by ichakaobos(m): 12:40am On Nov 12, 2008
Please, is the fee for tinted glass respective of the car or for all cars?
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by barry06(m): 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2008
veh.doc,

pls i just bought a car with lagos reg. number.
do i ve to go lagos for change of ownership and police report?

reply via: amechi.charles@yahoo.com
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by donciccio: 10:49am On Nov 19, 2008
@ Vehcl.doc good job bruv. Thank u for ur coincise explanations. Please keep that nature up. We need ppl like u in high positions. U're in deed a shepherd of flocks[b][/b]
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by vehcldocs: 1:48am On Nov 21, 2008
ichakaobos:

Please, is the fee for tinted glass respective of the car or for all cars?

The fee is for all cars. Thanks.

barry06:

veh.doc,

please i just bought a car with lagos reg. number.
do i ve to go lagos for change of ownership and police report?

reply via: amechi.charles@yahoo.com

Yes you need to come down to Lagos to change the ownership but police report can be done anywhere in Nigeria. Thanks.

don_ciccio:

@ Vehcl.doc good job bruv. Thank u for ur coincise explanations. Please keep that nature up. We need people like u in high positions. U're in deed a shepherd of flocks[b][/b]

Thanks. wink wink
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by kyode: 6:38am On Nov 26, 2008
If i have a vehicle and want to send it to nigeria how would i go about doing so
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by Bblak(f): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Vehcl.docs

How much can i get my new car registered in your company pls.looking forward to an urgent reply.Thanks cool
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by eutelsatw4: 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2009
how long does it required that a car stay registered customs cant ask for custom papers,
because some once told me is 6 month , i need information about this please
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by colemancol: 4:03pm On May 24, 2010
I just bought a naija used car off someone and need to know how to change the ownership of the vehicle and the cost. I also need to know the documents the previous owner needs to give me before I go to the license office. Or even better how much it would cost for u to do it all. The current particulars will expire this month.
I will also need a tint permit for the car.
U can reply to. Colemancole@yahh.com
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by eros(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2010
Very informative and educative thread. Keep up the good work vehcl.docs, but remember that this is Nairaland where the same people who praise you will also tear and rip you apart if you ever deviate from your good ways. wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by wemimo4u: 9:54am On May 25, 2010
i sent you an e mail , im waiting for your reply , thanks
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by thosinebro: 8:12am On May 28, 2010
pls update me on the process of obtaining a change of ownership. I used to work with a company and while leaving them, they said I can go with my official car which was registered in the company's name. Please, how can I obtain a change of ownership?
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by klauss: 7:00am On Jun 10, 2010
Good day,its been quite a while u replied to enquiries,hope all is well.

I just bought a naija used car off someone and need to know how to change the ownership of the vehicle and the cost. I also need to know the documents the previous owner needs to give me before I go to the license office. I also need to know how much it would cost for u to do it all. The current particulars will expire this month.
I will also need a tint permit for the car.
U can reply to. mailkpoza@yahoo.com. ASAP
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by plendil: 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2012
vehcl.docs:
* Driver's Licence: Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC).
* Vehicle Licence: Licence Office or any authorised station.
* Proof of Ownership: Licence Office.
* Allocation of Plate Number Form: Licence Office.
* Weighing/Registration Receipt: Licence Office.
* MOT (Ministry of Transportation) Certificate: MOT Test Station.
* Certificate of Insurance: Insurance Company.
* Central Motor Registration (CMR): Police Force Headquater.
* Affidavit: Court.
* Police Report: Police Station.

I hope these answered your Questions. Thanks.

Does anyone know the total cost these documents will be? thanks
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by plendil: 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
anyone??
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by plendil: 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
yes??
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by cytellProperty: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
Please i lost all my vehicle particulars to flood. What can i do to salvage my situation & to avoid law enforcement agents.
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by talk2odim: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
hello i have been following your post with keen interest and appreciate the time you take to explain to enquirers. My case is a bit different, i bought a car off someone and proceeded to do the necessary documents. However as the process when on i was informed the plate nos couldn't be registered in my name and this i find unfortunate cos the car is "heavily" engraved with the current nos. Now my dilemma is this, i have done the insurance, change of ownership, road worthiness and all other documents in my name and left with only the vehicle licence. So i was wondering, is there anyway i can have the plate nos change to my name? Kindly revert. Thank you
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by vehiclesdocs: 1:29am On Aug 02, 2014
We are back to render useful information again as many Nairalanders are requesting we should. Any question will be entertained as regard vehicles documents.

You can call us at 08023917442
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by vehiclesdocs: 1:55am On Aug 02, 2014
@Talk2odim

Firstly, Is the number plate the new one or the old?

If it is the new one it can not be changed to your name rather you change the ownership and obtain a new number plate, which the process is called Re-registration.

However the documents which you have collected in your own name are not duly processed. Before any of those papers (insurance, road-worthiness etc), the Re-registration must be done and the Vehicle License obtained.

As for the the engraving on the car, you have nothing to worry about as the Change of Ownership and Re-registration documents will back it up.

Finally,note that number plate is not necessary to be engraved on vehicles any longer since number plates are not sold with cars any more. The Number Plates are now personal property and can be re-used on other vehicle procure by the registered owner.

Hope my explanation is helpful for you, for further info call at 0909898730[/i] we are at your service.
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by mexxyaaron(m): 4:55am On Aug 02, 2014
vehcldocs:

The followimg documents are necessary for a PRIVATE car:

* Valid Driver's Licence
* Valid Vehicle Licence
* Proof of Ownership Certificate
* Allocation of Plate Number Form
* Weighing/Registration Receipt
* Valid MOT Certificate
* Valid Insurance Certificate
* Central Motor Registry Form (CMR)
* Court Affitdavit (Only for change of ownership or infomation)
* Police Report (Only for change of ownership or information)
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by talk2odim: 9:07am On Aug 04, 2014
Yes i do understand fully and appreciate your response. Will get back to you on this. Thanks a lot.

vehiclesdocs: @Talk2odim

Firstly, Is the number plate the new one or the old?

If it is the new one it can not be changed to your name rather you change the ownership and obtain a new number plate, which the process is called Re-registration.

However the documents which you have collected in your own name are not duly processed. Before any of those papers (insurance, road-worthiness etc), the Re-registration must be done and the Vehicle License obtained.

As for the the engraving on the car, you have nothing to worry about as the Change of Ownership and Re-registration documents will back it up.

Finally,note that number plate is not necessary to be engraved on vehicles any longer since number plates are not sold with cars any more. The Number Plates are now personal property and can be re-used on other vehicle procure by the registered owner.

Hope my explanation is helpful for you, for further info call at 08023917442 we are at your service.
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by vehiclesdocs: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
You are mostly welcome.
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by vehiclesdocs: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
cool cool cool
Re: Don't Get Caught With Counterfeit Vehicle Documents! by Johnwal: 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=mexxyaaron][/quote]
Pls can you give the address of where i can do CMR information of my car. I actually want to do change of ownership

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SOLD 2010 Toyota Avalon N2.850M Slightly Negotiable (foreign Used) / SOLD 2017 Lexus RX350 F-sport N28.5mil Abuja / Clean Toks 2011 Toyota Camry Fresh From The Boat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.