Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. (3856 Views)

'IK Ogbonna Bought His Wife Fake Birthday Gifts' - Dencia's Affiliate / ‘it’s Nobody’s Business If Davido Bought “aye” From Me’ – Runtown / Davido Bought Single ”GOBE” From Upcoming Singer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by iamnolongerkool: 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Runtown is an upcoming act with an impressive (and small) tracklist and was featured prominently on Wizzy Pro’s ‘Emergency’ featuring Patoranking and Skales.

His latest single ‘Gallardo’ featuring Davido is a sure hit. Runtown is also signed to Penthauze, home to Phyno.

According to sources close to Runtown, this promising act wrote ‘Aye’. As a matter of fact, ‘Aye’ was originally his; when Davido heard the song, he persuaded Runtown to sell the song to him, which he did.

Reports say that Davido also wanted to buy ‘Gallardo’, but Runtown refused, Instead Davido got featured on the track.

This totally makes sense. I’ve always wondered why the word ‘emergency’ was in the track; I guess Runtown was leaving his artistic DNA on the song. By the way, Runtown was in the ‘Aye’ video.

Check gnatcatchers..com for latest trends.

Re: Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by Silenzer(m): 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
Its called show biz
Re: Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by adesexy(m): 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Please enlighten me..who is Davido? Gallardo? Runtown? Tank u God bless

2 Likes

Re: Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by Caseless: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
My people say na pesin wey u see on top horse be d owner of the horse. To me, na davido i see on the sonm, so na him get am. Runtown ko? Runstate ni!

1 Like

Re: Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by spikesC(m): 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
This is no news. I wonder why all these petty bloggers is making an issue out of it.
Gobe was written and even released by another artiste. Davido bought the song afterwards, changed the tempo and part of the lyrics and released it.

Buying songs is not a new thing. Songs are Intellectual properties, and therefore can be traded.
Even at the back of albums, all songs are rightfully written the names of the writers, if the agreement depicts so.
When you get popular, you seize to be a musician and turn into an entertainer.

In a normal setting, an entertaining musician has a song writer, PR manager, producer, choreographer, costumier, agent, legal manager etc.
And all these people also have their own support staff.

That is why we keep saying that Nigerian Entertainment Industry has a very long way to go.

3 Likes

Re: Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by Afrok(m): 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
Shior... Medicine after death? Aye wey we don dance to and ehn don give Davido him award na wetin U say him buy from Runtown? Well he bought it, rebranded it, attached his logos, added nafdac no and sold it out with his name on it, that's definitely his...
Sorry Runtown if this is TRUE, I guess the money wey him pay U na something.
Re: Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by iamnolongerkool: 10:09am On Jul 24, 2014
You guys should check out the pic of nosy Beyonce who ended up eating her drink by simply clicking on this link http://gnatcatchers..com/2014/07/nosy-beyonce-and-engrossed-jay-z.html?m=1
Re: Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by iamnolongerkool: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
Kim Kardashian Calls Khloé Kardashian a "Miserable Person" During Fight in Thailand,for more info and to watch the video, simply click on this link http://gnatcatchers..com/2014/07/kim-kardashian-calls-khloe-kardashian.html?m=1
Re: Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by iamnolongerkool: 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
North West Takes Her First Steps! Proud Mom Kim Kardashian Shares the Exciting News With Adorable Photo,for more info simply click on this link http://gnatcatchers..com/2014/07/orth-west-takes-her-first-steps-proud.html?m=1
Re: Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by iamnolongerkool: 12:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dbanj and Adanma indinmi get back together,for
more info simply click this link http://
gnatcatchers..com/2014/07/dbanj-and-
adanma-indinmi-restarts.html?m=1
Re: Davido Bought His “aye” Song From Runtown.. by tanton(f): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2014

Ball Pen Drawing of Davido stage 1 by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian portrait Artist

Ball Pen Drawing of Davido stage 2 by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian portrait Artist.

Ball Pen Drawing of Davido stage 3 by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian portrait Artist.

Ball Pen Drawing of Davido stage 4 by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian portrait Artist.

Completed Ball Pen Drawing of Davido Final stage by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian portrait Artist.

Portraits by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian Artist.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Open This Thread If You Are Below 15 / Mavin First Lady Tiwa Savage’s Mum Meets Football Legend David Beckham / Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.