Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram (2567 Views)

Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / 33 Suppliers Of Foodstuffs To Boko Haram Arrested (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by oluwafemi113(m): 7:05am On Jul 23, 2014
The three suspected gun runners of Igbo origin, who were heading to the North from Imo State, were intercepted in Nsukka, Enugu State, by officers and men of the Nigerian Army while travelling in a bus.Items recovered from them include 40 AK47 magazines, 4 boxes of AK47 live ammunition,100 pieces of live cartridges, one piece of Denim Mopol khaki and charms concealed in a cap.
One of the army officers who spoke to reporters under anonymity disclosed that a police corporal serving in Imo State Police Command was also involved in the arms running.
He said: “When we asked the occupants of the vehicle to come down, we discovered a police corporal in uniform among them. The corporal on getting down pretended to be pressed; he later ran away. Source: Abuja Voice
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=169177

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by Noctec: 7:13am On Jul 23, 2014
Really?
Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by ROCKJ1(m): 7:14am On Jul 23, 2014
Local junk journalism
Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by chimerase2: 7:26am On Jul 23, 2014
Op u re seeing things ordinary eyes even oju opolo aka Ozil cant see with nakkkeed eyes
Op I put it to u that u re smoking the things of the world

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by RoyalRoy(m): 7:27am On Jul 23, 2014
lomprico:
Osun defender? What do u expect? Igbo haters.

Lol... Osun defender has suddenly become an Igbo hater Abi?

Remembered when this same Osun defender reported during Anambra elections that some youths from Osun state were being paid to go and do whatever in Anambra... nobody called it Igbo hater then. Why now?

grin grin grin

But Op.... edit your title please. A criminal is a criminal... adding his tribe to it doesn't make him more criminal than others. Quit the sensationalism.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by Ngwakwe: 7:30am On Jul 23, 2014
See how low some Nigeria online media or better still blogs have sunk.

Below is the original article published on 24th May, 2014 while it took Osun Defender complete two months to revise the obvious truth.on the course of hibernated bigotry, hate and outright deception to rope in the Easterners in Bokoharam debauchery (this time not sex alone) but of lust for blood and savagery.

Soldiers Intercept Suspected Boko Haram Ammunition Supply Vehicle, Arrest DSP, Others
24 May 2014

By Christopher Isiguzo 

At least three persons, including a retired Deputy Superintendent of Police, DSP, and a corporal, Abu Haruna, Solomon have been arrested for illegal trafficking of arms and ammunition.
The third suspect, Onuwa Attaka, is the driver of the arms laden vehicle.

It was gathered that their confession showed alleged involvement in supply of arms to insurgents in Northern Nigeria.

The three suspects, who were heading to the North from Imo State, were intercepted in Nsukka, Enugu State, by officers and men of the Nigerian Army while travelling in a bus.
Items recovered from them include- 40 AK47 magazines, 4 boxes of AK47 live ammunition, 100 pieces of live cartridges, one piece of Denin Mopol khaki and charms concealed in a cap.
One of the army officers who spoke to reporters under anonymity disclosed that a police corporal serving in Imo State Police Command was also involved in the arms running.
He said: "When we asked the occupants of the vehicle to come down, we discovered a police corporal in uniform among them.

The corporal on getting down pretended to be pressed; he later ran away".
It was gathered that the suspects were taken to Nsukka Police Division before their transfer to the state CID.

The retired DSP, Abu Haruna, confessed that he had been in the business of arms dealing since he retired from the police.

He said their mission was to supply the ammunition to their buyer in Taraba State.
The source said Haruna further confessed that they decided to go on the supply after the buyer complained that the first batch was incomplete.

The Police corporal's identity has been traced to Imo State Police command; his name was simply given as Solomon, even as efforts are still being made to effect his arrest.

Meanwhile, the Nsukka Police Area Commander, ASP. Ros-Amson Haladu has praised the gallantry of the soldiers in combating crimes in the area.
"I want to commend the Army Officers for their vigilance in tracking down these illegal arms dealers.
"At the same time, I warn criminals to leave this vicinity or risk being apprehended by security operatives", he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/soldiers-intercept-suspected-boko-haram-ammunition-supply-vehicle-arrest-dsp-others/179278/

24 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by Noctec: 7:39am On Jul 23, 2014
As far as those guys are concerned - It's business as usual.
Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by simpleseyi: 7:40am On Jul 23, 2014
Anything that brings money, Ibos will do it. Judas was an Ibo man; or rather, Judas descendants make up the Ibo tribe. So, if their fore-father can sell Jesus, what else cant the descendants do for money?

Pardon me, I am an incurable tribalist; I have already started taking hard drugs to cure my tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by Koolmexxi(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2014
simpleseyi: Anything that brings money, Ibos will do it. Judas was an Ibo man; or rather, Judas descendants make up the Ibo tribe. So, if their fore-father can sell Jesus, what else cant the descendants do for money?

Pardon me, I am an incurable tribalist; I have already started taking hard drugs to cure my tribalism.

Why u and dis OP dey ooze imbecility? I am tempted to judge ur ppl by d stupidity of d both of u but I believe U 2 are jus totally irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by EasternLeopard: 8:02am On Jul 23, 2014
simpleseyi: Anything that brings money, Ibos will do it. Judas was an Ibo man; or rather, Judas descendants make up the Ibo tribe. So, if their fore-father can sell Jesus, what else cant the descendants do for money?

I thought Judas committed suicide

Which bible are you reading

You must be smoking cow shit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by MightyThor(m): 8:09am On Jul 23, 2014
oluwafemi113: The three suspected gun runners of Igbo origin, who were heading to the North from Imo State, were intercepted in Nsukka, Enugu State, by officers and men of the Nigerian Army while travelling in a bus.Items recovered from them include 40 AK47 magazines, 4 boxes of AK47 live ammunition,100 pieces of live cartridges, one piece of Denim Mopol khaki and charms concealed in a cap.
He said: “When we asked the occupants of the vehicle to come down, we discovered a police corporal in uniform among them. The corporal on getting down pretended to be pressed; he later ran away. Source: Abuja Voice
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=169177

You say the items were recovered but from the picture that heap of shotgun shells (pump action) is way more than 100, bottom line the pix does not protray the story so i have every reason to doubt this story. also the number of suspects in that pix is way more than three.
Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by PointB: 8:12am On Jul 23, 2014
MightyThor: [b][/b]

You say the bolded items were recovered but from the picture that heap of shotgun shells (pump action) is way more than 100) bottom line the pix does not protray the story so i have every reason to doubt this story.

You dey mind Osundefender? They arethe new mouth piece of Yorubad hate campaign for against Igbos!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by fr3do(m): 8:12am On Jul 23, 2014
So armed robbers don turn boko haram shae?
Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 23, 2014
Have I not seen this picture with another story attached?
Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by EMMASON125: 8:17am On Jul 23, 2014
Don't know what's wrong with my people and inferiority complex. Smh...
The same way they claim that those touts send by Aregbesola from Osun to imo state to rig Anambra state election are election observers
I stoped taking Osundefenders serious long time ago

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2014
Sorry, Boko Haram doesn't use such weapons displayed there... Try harder next time

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by Yeske2(m): 9:11am On Jul 23, 2014
@OP,are you a learner? You see your life?
Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by prophetone(m): 9:12am On Jul 23, 2014
Which part of the story is a lie?

1. They were Igbo.

2. They were ferrying weapons to the north.

3. These weapons will be used to kill innocent people including their brothers.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by angela98(f): 9:13am On Jul 23, 2014
I read some of the comments and it amazes me. This issue its not about Igbo people and their love for money. In short, every tribes loves money and anybody from any tribe can commit crime. This is a case of a group of people who are involved in criminality and got caught period. cool

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by adanduka: 9:24am On Jul 23, 2014
@OP, please add the real pictures and names of the Igbo traders supplying Boko Haram.
If not then Seun should delete this misleading thread.
Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by michelz: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2014
This thread doesn't worth my comment.... I just pity Osun state that allow herself to be associated and tainted and ridiculed by a group such as Osun defenders and the brai.nless OP.
Re: Igbo Traders Suppliers Of Arms To Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2014
lomprico:
Osun defender? What do u expect? Igbo haters.
And the I.diots never mentioned their Names.....OSUN DECEIVERS

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

News And Pictures From Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Rally In Lagos / Buhari's Daughter Already Inebriated By Power? Orders A Woman Out Of Boutique / APC Taking Over INEC Like Oyegun Proposed - (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.