Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It (2909 Views)

How To Bypass Password On Laptop / Tools To Bypass Firewalls / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
Am not much of a computer addict but i hate it when i find a problem unsolvable.
I visited a cyber cafe very close to my house one day just to download some important files. I started the browsing and I was happy because the internet speed was reliable.
When it was time to make my downloads I was shocked when i saw a webpage telling me that website blocked by NETGEAR firewall.
I tried several download sites and I encounter the same error when trying to get my files. I complained to the engineer around and he says there was nothing he could do to it.
I searched many forums online and it was a wild-goose chase. it was either i pay or nothing.
I was so disturbed and i started my journey on how to bypass it.
Keep reading

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
the first step you have to do is visit this website that gives daily free pptp vpn http://freevpn.me/accounts and pick a free pptp vpn details and jot it down. We will be needing it later.

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
your next step is to open your control panel box from the start menu and click on "Network and Internet connection"

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 2:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
Click on "create a connection to the internet at your workplace"

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
Click on "virtual private network" and click the "next" button

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
a new internet connection dialogue box will pop up. write whatever you like in the company name and click the "next" button

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
In the next box, check "do not dial the initial connection" and click the "next" button

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
In the next box, write the host name or IP you got from www.freevpn.me/accounts and click the "next" button

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
on the next box, check the "add shortcut box" and click on "finish"

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by Fulaman198(m): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
Windows XP and old internet explorer? Come on man, update your software, you are setting yourself up for security disasters.
Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
Now go to your desktop and you will see a shortcut like the below image. double click on it and the next image will come up.
Write the username and password you jot down and click on connect.
VVVVOOOIIIILLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA. you are good to go. no more NETGEAR website or download restriction.
I hope this would be helpful.
big thanks to kingphilip

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by kingphilip(m): 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
Tnx for putting this up
twill b handy I guess

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
Fulaman198: Windows XP and old internet explorer? Come on man, update your software, you are setting yourself up for security disasters.
doing it on xp will make it easier to accomplish on any windows. As for the IE, I couldnt get the restriction webpage again so i got that from images.google.com. Anyways, thanks for the hint.
Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by tmx21(m): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
kingphilip: Tnx for putting this up
twill b handy I guess
someday, sometime? YES!
Re: Ever Been Denied By Netgear Firewall? Come In For Simple Steps To Bypass It by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
You can literally use any VPN. Here are the best vpn for torrenting. Would serve well for this problem.

(1) (Reply)

I need a Internet connection / Dell Latitude 7280// 128gb Ssd//8gb Ram//intel Corei5 / Help Usb Game Controller For Windows Vista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.