Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

How Rewarding Is App For New Generation Smart Phones To Local Developers? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Rewarding Is App For New Generation Smart Phones To Local Developers? (827 Views)

Cost Of Building An Android App For A Magazine / It Incubation Centres: Expect New Generation Of Software Entreprenuers, Johnson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Rewarding Is App For New Generation Smart Phones To Local Developers? by Sibrah: 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
I like to know. I read one review online where they put average income at $6000 per app as average across IOS, Android, and BlackBerry appstore. Which Language is best for development on the popular platforms out there?

1 Like

Re: How Rewarding Is App For New Generation Smart Phones To Local Developers? by naijatechworld: 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
Sibrah: I like to know. I read one review online where they put average income at $6000 per app as average across IOS, Android, and BlackBerry appstore. Which Language is best for development on the popular platforms out there?

You seem to be asking 2 different questions.

a. How much is the reward?
b. What programming language is the best?

For your 1st question, I'll be honest and say that not many App Developers are making money on their own. I'll think many of them are making money by building apps or websites for other people and companies, but as far as submitting their app on App Stores and selling, not many of them are making it and that is because the competition is fierce. What usually happens is once a new idea comes into town, everybody copies and clones it and before you know it, that idea becomes saturated. I think the ones that get downloads the most, usually have more marketing connections and more marketing skills and thus people learn about it more. Even before YouTube, there were a thousand video hosting sites. B4 Instagram, there were many photosharing apps but Facebook bought Instagram. Then came SnapChat. Blink. SnapChat to me seems more like a real product but Instagram was bought by Facebook, because the owners were cool with each other. Then when SnapChat came around, Facebook felt threatened. Think about it. Facebook bought Instagram for 1 billion dollars but wanted to buy SnapChat for 3-4 billion dollars. When SnapChat rejected the idea, Facebook decided to make their own version, but it didn't do to good in the market.

For your 2nd question, I'd say for a quick app or short term, you can use HTML, CSS, JS (and with PhoneGap) you can make a good app (and with good marketing skills) make something from it but for a long term or long lasting app, since Androids are more open source and cheaper than iOS products, then Android will be the way to go which depends on the Java programming language. BB also depends on Java but BB is no longer reigning like before. Like Java is a good universal programming language, since it is used in Desktop, Mobile & Web Apps, along with embedded devices. Im not too sure but I think feature phones also can run Java Apps.

Still, everybody has their differences and opinion and I've just told u mine.
Re: How Rewarding Is App For New Generation Smart Phones To Local Developers? by Sibrah: 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
^^^Nice response. What about the less robust apps like games Utility and books?

1 Like

Re: How Rewarding Is App For New Generation Smart Phones To Local Developers? by naijatechworld: 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
Sibrah: ^^^Nice response. What about the less robust apps like games Utility and books?

Always understand that it is one thing for your app to be popular and its another thing for your app to make money for you. Yeah you can make money off of game apps, but it will have to be either:

A. In-App/Game Purchasing
B. Mobile Advertising
C. Paid App

For A & B to make money for you, you will have to alot of traffic or great marketing. GROWTH HACKING, is the key. Once your app becomes popular, then it becomes easier to make money from it, but remember that once your app becomes number one, there are millions of app developers around the world that will try to copy what u did. Look at Flappy Birds. 2048. As far as C. unless your game is really designed well, most people wouldn't pay for it in the first place, so more than likely, if your app doesn't make it in A or B, it probably won't make C.

As far as books, lets be honest. How many people across the internet actually spend time on the internet reading books, talk less of paying for them? There are so many free books on the internet but people will rather socialize and communicate with each other, which is where the money is at but like I said the competition is fierce. This link ~>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_virtual_communities says it all.
Re: How Rewarding Is App For New Generation Smart Phones To Local Developers? by naijatechworld: 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
Look at all these apps just for networking and communicating. Its crazy out here ~> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_websites

(1) (Reply)

Building An API In 60 Seconds, Without Any Server Setup / Help How Can I Create This Type Of Tabled List / MATLAB Training Is The Solution To Your Scientific Computation Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.