Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Untold Stories Of Single Mothers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Untold Stories Of Single Mothers (5718 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers / Effect Of Single Parenting On A Child (2) (3) (4)

Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by bilms(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
This page is dedicated to all single mothers. If you are a single mother, kindly narrate your story, the pain, the gain, the good, bad and the ugly. Advice you wish to share with people that might want to be a single mother like you. Just anything at all, feel free.
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by bennyrazz: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
single mothers aka babymamas where are you ooooo cheesy
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by dytbabe: 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
What's with this latest trend of single mums sef

My mum was a single mum and I didn't see any pain, she's a conquerer, she was and still is more than a man, I grew up seeing men askin her to marry them ofcus she was contempted and didn't need any of them nor their wealth, I had bn in the house where a man came to present her with a car gift jst so she be his, mum choose us over anyman.

Maybe these days men sha, my mum was a very hard working woman that we didn't even feel the need for a dad, a woman that saw 5kids thru schools till uni level.

That woman is my own god, my idol, she taught me what indepence is.

God bless u mama

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by pickabeau1: 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
seems single moms are raining now last time out it was lazymen/house husbands...

ok oo undecided

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by bilms(m): 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by paralysis: 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
dytbabe: What's with this latest trend of single mums sef

My mum was a single mum and I didn't see any pain, she's a conquerer, she was and still is more than a man, I grew up seeing men askin her to marry them ofcus she was contempted and didn't need any of them nor their wealth, I had bn in the house where a man came to present her with a car gift jst so she be his, mum choose us over anyman.

Maybe these days men sha, my mum was a very hard working woman that we didn't even feel the need for a dad, a woman that saw 5kids thru schools till uni level.

God bless u mama
you never will know how dangerous it is to train a child as a sungle parent until you check your self with other people of your financial status and itherwise,then you agree that a man's place in the house is so much important

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by dytbabe: 10:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
paralysis:
you never will know how dangerous it is to train a child as a sungle parent until you check your self with other people of your financial status and itherwise,then you agree that a man's place in the house is so much important

I don't get u, what if their fathers had died?
Financial status? When the woman can raise enuf?

U men actually think it all evolves arnd u, get it straight, women are becoming more empowered and the only thing we need u for is produce the sperm.

What abt fathers that are jst figure head?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 24, 2014
paralysis:

Sadly true, Especially for d child's sake..Responsible Men cannot be overuled in d successful upbringing of kids. Its a Fact, most pple are ignoring in. Recent times.. Even bn a Single father in a child's life is incomplete. THat Child u think can cope and u feel he or she is happy, needs a COmplete. Stable Family unit. Its. A pschological thing. Most single parents will not realise for nw, until d child is inbetween the threshold of a teenager crossing over to an adult.. Na then, d teenage seemingly quiet boy turns into a rebel or becomes so introvert that he's more like a loner. While for teenage girls? Most are into Prostitution, cos they crave for Fatherly love and presence, in the arms of strange men, who are everly waiting for such insecure teenage girlS.
So my dear peeps, bn a single parents is not 'IT' at all.. sad

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by dytbabe: 1:10am On Jul 24, 2014
Amelian:
While for teenage girls? Most are into Prostitution, cos they crave for Fatherly love and presence, in the arms of strange men, who are everly waiting for such insecure teenage girlS.
(

U mean most of those ladies on the street are frm single parents?
*blinking eyes*
And seeking fatherly love cld push one to a strange man all in the name of care, love n presence?

Then that mother didn't do her homework well.

As for me o, I never see am except in the movies, single mums I know brings the best outta their kids, am talkin frm my own experience.

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by bilms(m): 1:23am On Jul 24, 2014
hum
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by bilms(m): 4:16am On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by dahmie2013: 8:27am On Jul 24, 2014
paralysis:

Story!

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by bilms(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2014
He said the truth Dahm

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by MadCow1: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2014
dytbabe: What's with this latest trend of single mums sef

God bless u mama

5 Kids?!

Single Mother or Widowed Mother?! undecided
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by cococandy(f): 9:34am On Jul 24, 2014
I know one that raised 8kids alone.
With mama put business sef cheesy
Divorced mother.
MadCow1:

5 Kids?!

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by apolonius(m): 9:36am On Jul 24, 2014
cococandy: I know one that raised 8kids alone.
Divorced mother.

Na Guiness book of records feat o,if it is in this contemporary times.

My grannie lost her hubby and raised 9 kids all by herself sha. But na old school feat o.
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by dytbabe: 9:38am On Jul 24, 2014
MadCow1:

5 Kids?!

A woman without a husband at home that had 5kids can not aslso be a single mum, u think its jst having one kid?
I have a father and he's still very much alive

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by cococandy(f): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2014
It is in this time.
First and second daughters are just new wives and mothers now.
Last kid is still in secondary school. I dey admire the woman's strength.

The other one I know is our tenants here she has four sons. Big boys. Well groomed and the replica of what good sons should be.you wouldn't meet those guys and not wonder who raised them. Two of them even served as grooms men at my wedding.

So even though I don't like single parenthood or encourage it,I don't think it is as bad as we hype it to be.. At least the kids have peace away from the abusive parent.

apolonius:

Na Guiness book of records feat o,if it is in this contemporary times.

My grannie lost her hubby and raised 9 kids all by herself sha. But na old school feat o.

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by MadCow1: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2014
dytbabe:

A man without a husband at home that had 5kids can not aslso be a single mum, u think its jst having one kid?
I have a father and he's still very much alive

No be quarrel my dear,

Just trying to get a clearer picture. Most Single mums I know normally have 1 kid. But 5?! That means Divorced, Widowed or Babymama..

No offence intended my dear..

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by MadCow1: 9:59am On Jul 24, 2014
cococandy: I know one that raised 8kids alone.
Divorced mother.

Thanks..

'Divorced Mother of 8', that makes a shitload of sense.

#P.S:: MamaPut business is almost like Blood money in the hands of a well seasoned and business inclined person.

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by apolonius(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2014
cococandy: It is in this time.
First and second daughters are just new wives and mothers now.
Last kid is still in secondary school. I dey admire the woman's strength.

The other one I know is our tenants here she has four sons. Big boys. Well groomed and the replica of what good sons should be.you wouldn't meet those guys and not wonder who raised them. Two of them even served as grooms men at my wedding.

So even though I don't like single parenthood or encourage it,I don't think it is as bad as we hype it to be.. At least the kids have peace away from the abusive parent.

It sure has its value;a woman's emotional intelligence and loving nurturing can raise great kids. However,there are things only a father's presence can build. Not in all cases,but there is always some comma somewhere in the lives of the kids raised by just a parent-man or woman. Yes,God introduced Eve to Adam before there was the 'knowing themselves' bit.

Of course,a clearly abusive union or relationship is a no no. Rather a single parent than a victim of 'evil love'.

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by dytbabe: 10:03am On Jul 24, 2014
MadCow1:

No be quarrel my dear,

Just trying to get a clearer picture. Most Single mums I know normally have 1 kid. But 5?! That means Divorced, Widowed or Babymama..

No offence intended my dear..

Be it 9kids
Single mum is a general term, even at 5kids, mum still looked fresher.

That idol of mine is 61 and can still wash her own clothes, she calls it exercise, she's still very classy, she wears wedge grin grin grin
I wonder how she walks with it mehn, not too high tho.
When she dresses for u ehn, u can't jst help to turn back and look at her sexy 'baka'
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by cococandy(f): 10:06am On Jul 24, 2014
Agreed.
apolonius:

It sure has its value;a woman's emotional intelligence and loving nurturing can raise great kids. However,there are things only a father's presence can build. Not in all cases,but there is always some comma somewhere in the lives of the kids raised by just a parent-man or woman. Yes,God introduced Eve to Adam before there was the 'knowing themselves' bit.

Of course,a clearly abusive union or relationship is a no no. Rather a single parent than a victim of 'evil love'.
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by cococandy(f): 10:09am On Jul 24, 2014
MadCow1:

Thanks..

'Divorced Mother of 8', that makes a shitload of sense.

#P.S:: MamaPut business is almost like Blood money in the hands of a well seasoned and business inclined person.

Na dem sabi sha. It must have been huge whatever it is that led them to part ways.

Lol@blood money. cheesy
So true. She's well know for her food. Madam kathy food.
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by edwife(f): 10:16am On Jul 24, 2014
paralysis:

**roll eyes**

Please please please,check yourself with who? so you mean people around a single parent should determine her financial status?so a household with two parents do not go through financial crisis? Unbelievable!

A man's place is important in the house when the man is responsible and useful!
When a man knows what are his priorities and obligations in the say house.
When the man accept full responsibility of the intended child.

Last time I checked,kids raised by single parents are not inhuman.
You people should stop ostracizing single parents and ask yourself if a woman will choose to be a single parent.

[img]http://llwproductions.files./2012/03/children-of-single-mothers.jpg[/img]

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by MadCow1: 10:18am On Jul 24, 2014
dytbabe:

Be it 9kids
Single mum is a general term, even at 5kids, mum still looked fresher.

That idol of mine is 61 and can still wash her own clothes, she calls it exercise, she's still very classy, she wears wedge grin grin grin
I wonder how she walks with it mehn, not too high tho.
When she dresses for u ehn, u can't jst help to turn back and look at her sexy 'baka'
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hmmmm!

Can I get her Jersey please (Name and Number,) grin

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by bilms(m): 10:23am On Jul 24, 2014
what is the difference between single mothers, widow without husband and divorcee that didn't remarry. all taking care of the children alone?

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by MadCow1: 10:29am On Jul 24, 2014
bilms: what is the difference between single mothers, widow without husband and divorcee that didn't remarry. all taking care of the children alone?

Widow - Became a Single mother due to circumstances beyond her control (or within her control depending on.. Geddit?!)

Divorced - Became a Single Mother due to the collapse of her marriage due to a technical fault.

BabyMama - Became a Single mother due to Juvenile delinquence, concious decision, inclination towards Lesbianism, The BabyDaddy didnt want kids, She dont know who the babydaddy is, e.t.c.

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by shaybebaby(f): 10:40am On Jul 24, 2014
MadCow1:

5 Kids?!

Is there any difference? The whole point is that they raise their kids alone!

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by MadCow1: 11:13am On Jul 24, 2014
shaybebaby:
Is there any difference? The whole point is that they raise their kids alone!

Yes there is a difference.

Example: A divorcee who is getting Child support and joint custody cant technically call herself a Single Mum.

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by b3llo(m): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by bukatyne(f): 11:45am On Jul 24, 2014
As usual, NL tends to magnify things

I have only heard of the immerse dangers of single motherhood on NL.

If a woman is determined to raise her kids, she will

Busybody My Twinny. On Behalf Of Family Section, Happy Birthday Darling / Why most Pregnant women don't like wearing pants (Underwears) / OBSESSION: Have You Ever Obsessed About Someone, Or Someone About You.