Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms - Literature (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms (436512 Views)

Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Waiting For The Bouquet By Audrey Timms / Unfulfilled Promises' Ebook On Okadabooks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
Chiamaka01:

My mom is igbo.wink And i'm not that good at bini. cry
ok ma.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by holyboss: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
AudreyTimms, av u drop d excerpts? shocked Lots of pages already after my last comment lipsrsealed if u've drop it, Pls specify d page wink to save me d punishment of surfing through all thos pages kiss kiss
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Costlybabe: 4:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
audrey,are u 4 real,u are simply 2 good,thanks 4 d acknolegement.i can see u going places
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by dammygoody(m): 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
bussyzionite:
It's just what I observed in her and I'm glad u noticed those unique qualities in her too!
Yea, unique indeed!
Not only did you write almost exactly what was on my mind, you also presented them exactly the way I wanted to... cheesy
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Whizpeter(m): 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bhummieluv:
*blushinq* Glory b 2 God 4 everyfn. Ɣ☺ΰ are such a qreat writer, God bless Ɣ☺ΰ n also d work of U̶̲̥̅̊я hand,real ♍ƺ L♥√ع Ɣ☺ΰ best,m sowi Ȋ̝̊ dnt really knw Н̲̅Ơ̴̴͡ώ​ 2 reply if only sum1 wil teach ♍ƺ n also peeps shd follow ♍ƺ n also teach ♍ƺ Н̲̅Ơ̴̴͡ώ​ 2 follow back...Thanks!
Please how I write with those special characters? Is it an app or what?
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Spyceeee(f): 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
wonderful story u've got here; could'nt stop reading
a very big welldone ma`am
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by stormybucci(m): 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Lmao! And I luk d oda way! I'll b bck. Sorry
u luk d oda way?? **sobbing profusely** i don vex finish!!! mummy audrey is vexing me ooo... my compensation is dat u cum back nd write anoda thriller
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

yes!!...my people no dey slack na wink
I hear u

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bhummieluv:
*blushinq* Glory b 2 God 4 everyfn. Ɣ☺ΰ are such a qreat writer, God bless Ɣ☺ΰ n also d work of U̶̲̥̅̊я hand,real ♍ƺ L♥√ع Ɣ☺ΰ best,m sowi Ȋ̝̊ dnt really knw Н̲̅Ơ̴̴͡ώ​ 2 reply if only sum1 wil teach ♍ƺ n also peeps shd follow ♍ƺ n also teach ♍ƺ Н̲̅Ơ̴̴͡ώ​ 2 follow back...Thanks!
Tanx dear. God bless u 2
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
holyboss: AudreyTimms, av u drop d excerpts? shocked Lots of pages already after my last comment lipsrsealed if u've drop it, Pls specify d page wink to save me d punishment of surfing through all thos pages kiss kiss
Abt 2. Bin busy. Tanx 4 coming bck
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
Costlybabe: audrey,are u 4 real,u are simply 2 good,thanks 4 d acknolegement.i can see u going places
Tanx dear. Uw dear. Tanx 4 encouraging me with ur comment
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
Spyceeee: wonderful story u've got here; could'nt stop reading
a very big welldone ma`am
Tanx dear

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
stormybucci: u luk d oda way?? **sobbing profusely** i don vex finish!!! mummy audrey is vexing me ooo... my compensation is dat u cum back nd write anoda thriller
Lmao! Na Oleng u b? Okay, lemme placate u with excerpts frm my nxt buk
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Excerpts from my completed book, the one I entered for the competition which I'll publish probably by December if I don't hear from them by then. Make una buy am wen una c am!

THEIR MISTAKES (for want of a better name) by DEEDEE TIMMS

PROLOGUE

DORIS looked at her husband as he picked at his food and wondered for the umpteenth time what was wrong with him. Ever since he came back from the seminar he attended in Abuja three days ago, he had been acting weird. He was forever moody and never met her eyes whenever he answered her questions. She had asked a million times what the matter was but he had refused to tell her.

She didn't want to ponder much lest she give herself high blood pressure. In their two years of marriage, they'd lived in bliss until two months ago when things had suddenly become stilted between them for no just cause.

The demands on her tailoring business had increased at that time and she had barely had time for herself not to talk of her husband. Understanding though he was, he hadn't said a word of complain at her late nights coming home or taking off first thing in the morning but she had noticed him pulling away from her slowly. She had kept thinking work would lessen for him to have her all to himself but it had even increased.

Was he fed up? Was he tired of their marriage? Did he want a divorce? She couldn't allow that. She loved him with a passion and knew he felt the same about her. But what if he'd fallen out of love with her? She had to mentally shake herself from such thoughts.

She had come back home from her shop where she sewed and sold wedding accessories that evening to meet him still on his blue striped pajamas, he hadn't stepped his office since he got back from Abuja. She had coerced him into taking his bath while she prepared dinner. He was dressed now on his favorite brown chinos three quarter length shorts and white Levi's shirt with brown palm slippers.

She surveyed him steadily as he took a spoon of jollof rice and dropped it again on the cream ceramic plate.

"James, I really can't stand the suspense anymore. What's the matter with you?" she gently asked him and noticed he winced.

For an answer, he got up from the black metallic chair at the round glass dining table, pushed back the yellow linen curtain that separated the dining area from the living room and walked briskly into their small living room. She felt like throwing her plate of rice at him but controlled herself.

He sat down on their black leather sofa with pale yellow cushions, placed his elbows on his knees and held his head in his hands.

"Doris, I can't take this anymore." he finally responded in a broken voice.

Her interest was more than piqued then. She quickly wore her pink flip flops, left the table and went to sit beside him on the sofa.

"What is it, darling?" she calmly questioned him.

He got up and started pacing the cream tiles in the living room. He abruptly stopped before the rectangular glass centre table with a flower vase, looked up at the white ceiling before staring at her with pain in his eyes.

James didn't know how to tell her. Could he even tell her? He looked at the lines of strain around her black eyes and sighed. She had the darkest eye lashes he had ever seen on a woman and he had seen a lot, being a reformed player.

Whatever you do, don't tell her, James? Don't destroy what you've been building for two years. His brain told him but he shook his head. He had to tell her. The guilt was killing him.

Tell her, James. She loves you. She'll forgive you. His heart told him.

He made up his mind then to tell her. He spared her a glance before staring at the plasma television attached to the pale yellow wall which funny enough was showing a man and woman fighting in a Nollywood movie.

"You know I went for a seminar in Abuja," he pronounced with care.

"Yes," she prompted him to continue as she gazed at him with her heart in her throat.

"I......I......." He stammered and looked above the plasma at their white wedding engraved photograph.

"What is it? You what?" She prompted with eagerness.

This was getting scary. Her palms were getting wet from her nervousness. She wiped them on her short blue jean gown and stared at her husband who refused to look at her.

James stared at their wedding photograph and smiled in reminiscence. He stared at himself on a black tuxedo with peach long sleeve shirt and black bow tie smiling down at Doris on her self-made snow white wedding gown who had her arms around him, flashing white teeth in a bright smile.
That had been the happiest day of his life but this was definitely the worst day of his life. Tears gathered in his eyes.

When the silence was too much to bear, Doris went to stand beside him. She held his chin and turned his head to look at her. She was thunderstruck when she saw tears rolling down his eyes. She was greatly alarmed.

“Sweetheart, have you lost your job or what?" she fearfully inquired. It was a known fact that the architectural and construction firm he worked in had laid off some staff recently.

"I wish!" he retorted and walked away from her. He went to gaze out the window into the darkness and put his hands in his pockets.

"What the hell is it then?" she shouted in exasperation. "I've been asking you that same question for three days now. Ever since you came back, you've been mopping around the house. You even refused to go to the office and don't think I haven't noticed that you refuse to look me in the eye! What the hell happened in Abuja? Tell me, dammit!" she yelled in anger.

"I slept with your sister."

2 Likes

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by myndd(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
sad;(;(;( audrey THANKS
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
myndd: sad;(;(;( audrey THANKS
Tanx dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by holyboss: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Abt 2. Bin busy. Tanx 4 coming bck
smiley smiley
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by holyboss: 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
shocked with her sister shocked shocked this is gonna b so Interesting smiley
Just d excerpt and am already like wow!

Audrey u r indeed a genius in d writing game kiss

I wsh u d best in d competition nd I op u hear from dem..
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by sogodihno: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

@bolded....make Jesus catch you!! shocked shocked
lolz just joking dia, i dont mean dat
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by shomart: 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
Thank you Audrey Timms, you are going to get to the top, the stars will surely be your starting point, may God continue to grant you wisdom, and I pray that your later years will be very much better than your former years...amen.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by vivikul(f): 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
Waoooooooo. Sister Audrey dis extract is just mind bloWing. Pls will u update it here or is d copy nw available? Cos I will really love to read it
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by debybeautyworld(f): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
I've never read a work this touching by a Nigerian writer, Audrey u are just too much, u really know how to reach down to the souls of your readers. thank u so much. I pray the good Lord gives you more knowledge.
Believe me, u'll go places. I'll see u at the top.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by orla01(f): 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
I pray u win d competition Audrey Timms d excerpt is yummy nd inviting..."sister doe"
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Hameenat94(f): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Superb ending!!! Really painful I missed d closing party due 2 somethings buh its all same anyway... Audrey I appreciate u 4 sharing u story here nd I learnt a lot 4rm it.. Ure wonderful... Will really miss dis family... Expecting more stories 4 u........till then
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by stormybucci(m): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Lmao! Na Oleng u b? Okay, lemme placate u with excerpts frm my nxt buk
oya i dae wait grin
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
holyboss: shocked with her sister shocked shocked this is gonna b so Interesting smiley
Just d excerpt and am already like wow!

Audrey u r indeed a genius in d writing game kiss

I wsh u d best in d competition nd I op u hear from dem..
Hmmm....tanx dear. I hpe so 2

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
shomart: Thank you Audrey Timms, you are going to get to the top, the stars will surely be your starting point, may God continue to grant you wisdom, and I pray that your later years will be very much better than your former years...amen.
Amen!!! Tanx so much 4 ur prayers.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
vivikul: Waoooooooo. Sister Audrey dis extract is just mind bloWing. Pls will u update it here or is d copy nw available? Cos I will really love to read it
I can't do dt bcs of d competition. I'll notify u guys wen its ready. Tanx dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
debybeautyworld: I've never read a work this touching by a Nigerian writer, Audrey u are just too much, u really know how to reach down to the souls of your readers. thank u so much. I pray the good Lord gives you more knowledge.
Believe me, u'll go places. I'll see u at the top.
Rily? Tanx dear. Hmmm....uw dear. Amen!!! Tanx dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
orla01: I pray u win d competition Audrey Timms d excerpt is yummy nd inviting..."sister doe"
Amen o! Hmm.....tanx dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
stormybucci: oya i dae wait grin
I've posted it na. Luk up. Tel ur partner in crime 2 check it out 2. Tanx
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hameenat94: Superb ending!!! Really painful I missed d closing party due 2 somethings buh its all same anyway... Audrey I appreciate u 4 sharing u story here nd I learnt a lot 4rm it.. Ure wonderful... Will really miss dis family... Expecting more stories 4 u........till then
Rily? Am sory abt dt. Glad u cud make it bck. Uw. Tanx dear. Me 2. Alright though u can check out d excerpts frm my nxt buk. Its up dre. Tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (109) (Reply)

A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.