Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

9 Year Old Boy Marries 62 Year Old Woman To Please Ancestors - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 9 Year Old Boy Marries 62 Year Old Woman To Please Ancestors (882 Views)

62-year-old Man Arrested In Ogun For Raping A 12-Year-Old Girl / 62-Year-Old Man Beaten For Raping 2 Minors (Photo) / Man In Court For Sucking Private Part Of 9-year-old Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Year Old Boy Marries 62 Year Old Woman To Please Ancestors by blackpanther25(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
9-year-old boy marries 62 year old woman twice — to please dead ancestors

XIMHUNGWE, South Africa — A 9-year-old boy has married a 62-year-old woman to appease his dead ancestors, according to the Daily Mirror.

Sanele Masilela, 9, married Helen Shabangu, 62, for the second time, after marrying her last year as part of a ritual.

The Mirror reports that Masilela was visited by dead ancestors who told him to wed Shabangu.

They say they married again to make it “official.”

Some in the villiage of Ximhungwe have called the whole thing “sickening.” However, the two will not live together and Sanele said he still plans to marry a woman his own age when he is older.

“I’m very happy that the boy chose me and my family support and understand that it is part of making ancestors happy,” Shabangu said. “One day Sanele would grow normally and have family of his own and get married one day, all this ceremony is for making ancestors happy. We are playing.”

Sanele’s family believes, had they not wed to please their ancestors, something bad would have happened.

Source: http://wtvr.com/2014/07/23/9-year-old-boy-marries-62-year-old-woman/

Re: 9 Year Old Boy Marries 62 Year Old Woman To Please Ancestors by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
It was ceremonial.
They're not legally married.
Re: 9 Year Old Boy Marries 62 Year Old Woman To Please Ancestors by blackpanther25(m): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
Apatheist: It was ceremonial.
They're not legally married.
still disgusting
Re: 9 Year Old Boy Marries 62 Year Old Woman To Please Ancestors by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
blackpanther25: still disgusting
Not to me
Re: 9 Year Old Boy Marries 62 Year Old Woman To Please Ancestors by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
Lol. ... that kid have found his missing Rib

(1) (Reply)

The World Of Homosexuals (gays Everywhere) / [photo] Police Arrests Vampire In Imo / Zamfara Police Arrest 13 Notorious Armed Robbery Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.