Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva (945 Views)

Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos / Sylva Mocks Oshiomhole: What You Can’t Achieve, A Military Man Did / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by ayukdaboss(m): 3:08am On Jul 25, 2014
A former Bayelsa State Governor, Timipre
Sylva, has carpeted President Goodluck
Jonathan on his handling of security in
Nigeria.

Sylva described Jonathan’s approach to
security issues as poor, embarrassing and
partisan, according to a statement by his
Media Adviser, Mr. Duofie Buokoribo.
The former governor, who is also one of
the leaders of the All Progressives
Congress, condemned the bloody attack on
the convoy of the APC National Leader and
a former Head of State, Maj. Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari (retd.)

He described the assassination attempt on
Buhari as “a spineless assault on the voice
of conscience in Nigeria by bigoted
terrorists and their political sponsors
seeking evil attention.”

He noted that Nigerians by their traditions
and religions, were naturally a peaceful
people.

Sylva said persons promoting “this
campaign of death and destruction” would
surely be punished by God and men.
He insisted that Nigerians were frustrated
by the way the Jonathan-led Federal
Government was handling the menace of
insurgency.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/sylva-scores-jonathan-low-on-security/

Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by kingphilip(m): 3:18am On Jul 25, 2014
what is this one forming? an elder statesman?
the fact is if u claim that he handles the issues poorly, why not you suggest beta ways to tackle this insecurity issues bedeviling the country..
i"m sick and tired of hearing the president is not doing things right and no suggestions go to how best he can tackle this until then, i suggest all critics to shut up

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by ayukdaboss(m): 3:24am On Jul 25, 2014
Old Gist embarassed
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 25, 2014
ayukdaboss: The former governor, who is also one of
the leaders of the All Progressives
Congress
The phrase above has said it all. Rantings of a supporter of APC. As if did any better than GEJ as a governor in Bayelsa. So when men of repute comment on national issues, that maggot will queue up abi? supporter of APC undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by nerodenero: 4:07am On Jul 25, 2014
Who can handle the situation better? I detest when I read submissions that add no value or solution to challenges confronting the country.I suggest the likes of Sylva & Co. be mute and allow people with solutions to talk.
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by ratiken(m): 4:11am On Jul 25, 2014
Coming from the biggest political non-entity in the South South. ..... Just Pass. Besides any common thief can claim APC chieftain.
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by Randy100: 5:27am On Jul 25, 2014
The truth be said the man is right. But i would have loved him to outlay the solution to tackle the insurgency
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by kingphilip(m): 5:42am On Jul 25, 2014
Randy100: The truth be said the man is right.But i would have loved him to outlay the solution to tackle the insurgency
strongly agree at the bolded.. we are tired of hearing the problems because we too know about it... all we need at this point is solutions
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by egift(m): 6:24am On Jul 25, 2014
Call Sylva all you can, his time as governor in Bayelsa is not worse than Jonathan.

BTW, we all know Jonathan is not handling Boko PDPram issues the way it should be. He sees it as a tool for 2015 and inflated allocations.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by kingphilip(m): 9:56am On Jul 25, 2014
egift: Call Sylva all you can, his time as governor in Bayelsa is not worse than Jonathan.

BTW, we all know Jonathan is not handling Boko PDPram issues the way it should be. He sees it as a tool for 2015 and inflated allocations.
how is the best way to handle them please thats the matter on ground not whether he is handling dem well or not
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by bloodykiller: 10:12am On Jul 25, 2014
egift: Call Sylva all you can, his time as governor in Bayelsa is not worse than Jonathan.

if not that i loved your mother soo much those days
i would have disowned you long time ago but don't push me to the wall to do it.
sharap useless son.

see your miserable life just because of your hatred for GEJ you just sided with a renowned looter and after you will think people sees apc as alternative. you are one of the people that destroyed this your apc party with lies and propaganda.
go and ask your master buhari to show you how to win public sympathy.
see as i nearly liked buhari because of the unbias statement he made earlier in tackling bokoharam

boy thats how to campaign and not turning the truth upside down with propaganda or siding with crooks just to vest out your fustration it makes people hate you and your party with passion and in politics its all about majority.
hope you learn from this boy.

be a good son next time.
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by egift(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2014
kingphilip: how is the best way to handle them please thats the matter on ground not whether he is handling dem well or not

These reasons have been giving over and over but he turn blind eyes.
- Arm our security men well.
- The arrested members put them on trial.
- Expand economic and social development to the people (you can win this on fire-arms alone).
- Prosecute corrupt politicians (not selective justice and intimidating opponents), pursue the rule of law.
- Strengthen our institutions (not using them as tools to fulfill personal agenda.
- Implement policies that brings results and benefits to the masses (not some trillions wasted on paper, with nothing to show for it).
- And many more.

Today in Nigeria, Patriotism is now determined by how much loyalty you pledge to Jonathan and his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by vedd: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2014
Well said, Sylvia.

Jonathan has failed.

He needs no other chance to prove his failures.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by Demdem(m): 11:56am On Jul 25, 2014
I don't need slvia to tell me this, I have always been stating this.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by kingphilip(m): 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
egift:

These reasons have been giving over and over but he turn blind eyes.
- Arm our security men well.
- The arrested members put them on trial.
- Expand economic and social development to the people (you can win this on fire-arms alone).
- Prosecute corrupt politicians (not selective justice and intimidating opponents), pursue the rule of law.
- Strengthen our institutions (not using them as tools to fulfill personal agenda.
- Implement policies that brings results and benefits to the masses (not some trillions wasted on paper, with nothing to show for it).
- And many more.

Today in Nigeria, Patriotism is now determined by how much loyalty you pledge to Jonathan and his wife.
hope u channel this to the appropriate quarters
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
kingphilip: what is this one forming? an elder statesman?
the fact is if u claim that he handles the issues poorly, why not you suggest beta ways to tackle this insecurity issues bedeviling the country..
i"m sick and tired of hearing the president is not doing things right and no suggestions go to how best he can tackle this until then, i suggest all critics to shut up
you don't get it, do you? The suggestion is to vote GEJ out.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by Plus10(m): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
See who is pointing accussing fingers...I abeg go sidon!
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
Coke addict.
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by atlwireles: 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sylva is also talking grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan's handling of security is Embarassing – Sylva by kingphilip(m): 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
TribalEAST: you don't get it, do you? The suggestion is to vote GEJ out.
and the best way to do that is by pointing out problems without proffering solutions?
if i were the one i'll rather go to media houses and proffer solutions on national issues so that the masses can know my worth and vote me into office rather than this method they are going about it

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Road Saftey Officials / Chadian Soldiers Release Most Of Boko Haram's Captives, Kill Several Terrorists: / Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.