Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,031 members, 7,821,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Area 51 - The Mystery - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Area 51 - The Mystery (1128 Views)

Bermuda Triangle Mystery - Facts And Myths / What You Don't Know About Area 51, Nevada / The Mystery Of The Air We Breathe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Area 51 - The Mystery by StealthyMe(m): 6:42am On Jul 25, 2014
I wondered about what could be in The Area 51 the US so much shrouded in mystery and is out of bounds to unauthorized persons.
Well,I searched and found this...

Officially it has never existed until The CIA for the first time acknowledged the existence of Area 51 - the enigmatic US airbase that is shrouded in mystery and is a staple of alien conspiracy theories.

The mysterious piece of land in Nevada has been linked with reports of UFOs, alien bodies and secret government projects.A declassified CIA history of the U-2 spy plane programme, made public this week, makes numerous references to the air base.The documents came to light during researchby the National Security Archive (NSA) at George Washington University for a report into the development, history and operation of U-2 spy planes during the Cold War.

Included among the documentation is also a map of the secret base.As part of their research the archive obtained documents that for the first time actually make reference to Area 51. Included among the documentation, obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request made in 2005, is also a map showing the position of the secret base."President Eisenhower also approved the addition of this strip of wasteland, known by its map designation as Area 51, to the Nevada Test Site," the history reads.To make the new facility in the middle of nowhere sound more attractive to his workers, Kelly Johnson called it the Paradise Ranch, which was soon shortened to the Ranch.

"Much of the information contained in the newly released documents was already known to Area 51 aficionados, but the fact that the air base is mentioned in a publicly available document is nevertheless considered notable.A public records request initially yielded documents, reviewed by National Security Archive senior fellow Jeffrey Richelson in 2002, but all mentions of Area 51 had been redacted.Mr Richelson says he requested the history again in 2005 and received a version a fewweeks ago with mentions of Area 51 restored.

Officials have already acknowledged in passing the existence of the facility in central Nevada where the government is believed to test intelligence tools and weapons.Mr Richelson believes the new document shows the CIA is becoming less secretive about Area 51's existence, if not about whatgoes on there."It marks an end of official secrecy about thefacts of Area 51," Mr Richelson told The Las Vegas Sun.

"It opens up the possibility that future accounts of this and other aerial projects will be less redacted, more fully explained in terms of their presence in Area51."

Area 51 is home to a number of buildings, hangars and an active airstrip. While the ground and airspace around the base is restricted it hasn't stopped enthusiasts from finding ways to obtain photographs from a distance. Satellite images have also become available showing the layout of the base in more detail.It is believed that the base has been used as a facility for developing and testing new experimental aircraft and aviation technologies and is famously connected to the UFO phenomenon through conspiracy theories suggesting that the United States is testing either captured alien spacecraft or new vehicles based on alien technology. The area around Area 51 including the small town of Rachel on the aptly named 'Extraterrestrial Highway' is a popular tourist destination and is steeped in UFO culture. Tours taking visitors to the famous 'trespassers will be shot' signs at the very edge of the restricted area have been a popular attraction.

Area 51 has been featured in numerous films, books and television shows for many years including blockbuster movies like Independence Day and shows such as the X-Files. It has become a symbol of government coverups and alien conspiracies in popular culture.

Re: Area 51 - The Mystery by Fash20: 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
I dnt believe in all this bullshit.
Re: Area 51 - The Mystery by StealthyMe(m): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
Fash20: I dnt believe in all this bullshit.

Probably not in all this UFO theory....but Area 51 is real and out of bounds to civilians.
Search Area 51 on youtube
Re: Area 51 - The Mystery by prof800(m): 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
TOP SECRET!!

HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL!

100% CLASSIFIED!

MILITARY ZONE... KEEP OFF!!!

NOTE: "If I tell you, I might have to kill you". sad
... grin
Re: Area 51 - The Mystery by StealthyMe(m): 11:50am On Jul 31, 2014
prof800: TOP SECRET!!

HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL!

100% CLASSIFIED!

MILITARY ZONE... KEEP OFF!!!

NOTE: "If I tell you, I might have to kill you". sad
... grin

LoL cheesy cheesy
Then how'd yu get to know ?
Re: Area 51 - The Mystery by Djtm(m): 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
Area 51 is a game (that was what came to my mind when I saw this thread)
Re: Area 51 - The Mystery by StealthyMe(m): 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Djtm: Area 51 is a game (that was what came to my mind when I saw this thread)

lol bro smiley
it isnt....freaking real

(1) (Reply)

This 46-gigapixel Image Is The Biggest Map Of Space Ever Made / Unsettling Scientific Facts, Theory And Hypotheses / Snow Fall In Sahara Desert... Are We Safe???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.