Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow (14849 Views)

Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. / BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / Nigerian Carpenter Wins Weightlifting Gold Medal In Paralympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by BrAkingNews: 7:44am On Jul 25, 2014
d
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by kentozybee(m): 7:44am On Jul 25, 2014
igbos nd dis their brain,are they suffering from dementia, is it GEJ dat lifted d weight ?
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by dalynch(f): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Congratulations opera,congratulations naija, wish u gold medal in Ur next tournament

1 Like

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by 0rlando0woh: 7:46am On Jul 25, 2014
Igbos making Nigeria proud since 1914.

9 Likes

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by kultimate009: 7:51am On Jul 25, 2014
ZUBY77: Congrats to GEJ.

Some parts of the country only remember him when a bomb goes off somewhere
Shut up!!!

1 Like

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:52am On Jul 25, 2014
Ope o! A good note definitely.
Best of luck to all our contestants
#TeamNigeria cheesy
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by tegamarro(m): 7:53am On Jul 25, 2014
tegamarro: FRONT PaGE Abeg Psin get maggi Star Here...
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 25, 2014
Congrats to her! Watch out for Blessing Okagbare, who will win, at least, 2 gold medals at these Games.
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by Bigcake: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2014
fijiano202: Great news i wish them the best...am abit confused though..was there a commonwealth championship last year?
I think you should use your Commonsense.
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by Sheggy13(m): 7:57am On Jul 25, 2014

What's there to congratulate him for,instead of congratulating the hardworking athlete who in the absence of proper funding for intensive training and exposure was still patriotic enough to go out there and do the nation proud ..seems u didn't read the part where it was written that lack of funds hampered their intensive training and exposure.. isn't the government responsible for providing those funds? If we perform below expectation this time,then the bucks should stop at his table.. u guys should stop making everything about GEJ.. try to be rational in your thought process and utterances.. cheers

4 Likes

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by bitterpenis(m): 8:00am On Jul 25, 2014

Smh na GEJ lift the weight? Abi na he be her trainer?

1 Like

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:16am On Jul 25, 2014
banega: Why always us? undecided
Na God smiley

3 Likes

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by jericco1(m): 8:17am On Jul 25, 2014
We need more, gold please...
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by simplex2: 8:24am On Jul 25, 2014
Nice one.

But this long documentary focuses more on the indian weightlifters than the Nigerian side.
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by gratiaeo(m): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2014
Proudly Nigeria!
Proudly Igbo Daughter!!
God bless federal republic of Nigeria!!!

8 Likes

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by JEITO: 8:41am On Jul 25, 2014
Nigeria and Weightlifting. Maybe we should cut down on football sponsorship and channel it into other sports.

Congrats to her and the team.

1 Like

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by Decryptor(m): 8:42am On Jul 25, 2014
Mehnn! I watched that babe carry that thing on tv yesterday. She was not smiling at all. Come see veins and muscle everywhere for her body. She has done us proud

1 Like

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by Keky(m): 8:46am On Jul 25, 2014

So it was GEJ that carried the weight? Why should we congratulate him? Smh
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by MaziOmenuko: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2014
The 48kg weightlifting medalists.

3 Likes

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by myspnigeria: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2014
congratulations to her
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by fijiano202(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2014
Bigcake: I think you should use your Commonsense.
all i have is this write up but as a man with common sense,can u please give an answer
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by IGBOSON1: 8:51am On Jul 25, 2014
WIZGUY69: [b]Nah the type of opara dey get beards for chest and jaws.
btw, I WANT TO IMPEACH SEUN
I need the procedures to do that.
*********than you********[/b]

^^^I'm trying to understand your post a bit better! Are you of the belief that it's only hermaphrodites or females with high levels of testosterone that engage in weightlifting as a sport?

2 Likes

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 25, 2014
ichidodo: Great,looking for others to also pull their west weight,we can't always be bailing Nigeria,you know...
Mo.ron, the bulk of those that won us gold at the last Commonwealth games are from the west. The first Nigerian to win us gold at 2012 Paralympics is a westerner, he even set a new world record. Bleeping bigot!
modestdude: can you pull weight with oily hands? Its a suicide mission. Pls don't instigate people to a suicide mission [sub][/sub]
Another dunce.
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by modestdude(m): 8:59am On Jul 25, 2014
ichidodo: Great,looking for others to also pull their west weight,we can't always be bailing Nigeria,you know...
can you pull weight with oily hands? Its a suicide mission. Pls don't instigate people to a suicide mission lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by WIZGUY69(m): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I'm trying to understand your post a bit better! Are you of the belief that it's only hermaphrodites or females with high levels of testosterone that engage in weightlifting as a sport?
Thank you very much.
You understand what i mean.
How will a core female engaged in weight lifting?
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by deedrizzie: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2014
fingard02k: If im Nigeria President i would've pull out of this useless association called Common wealth since.

This is just like modern slavery to Queen. If the leader of common wealth can't be change via election then to hell with the common wealth
pls...is ur brain ds warped?....the Commonwealth is an "association"...just lik d Nigerian Medical asso. and odaz....n not to mention d benefits member countries benefit...including our blessed Nigeria...It cannot b changed cs England colonised all the oda countries involved... Including d US of A...so pls sir...do not say that in public
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by IGBOSON1: 9:08am On Jul 25, 2014
WIZGUY69:
Thank you very much.
You understand what i mean.
How will a core female engaged in weight lifting?

^^^I don't understand what you mean! I've seen some beautiful feminine-looking women engaged in the sport! You have the same attitude towards female footballers as well?

2 Likes

Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by nonjebose(m): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2014
fijiano202: all i have is this write up but as a man with common sense,can u please give an answer
Am not sure,but I think the commonwealth championship served as a qualifying tourney for this Commonwealth Games
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by nonjebose(m): 9:13am On Jul 25, 2014
Paroman: Mo.ron, the bulk of those won us gold at the last Commonwealth games are from the west. The first Nigerian to win us gold at 2012 Paralympics is a westerner, he even set a new world record. Bleeping bigot!Another dunce.
Ignore their childish posts
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by shizzleStar: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2014
Conrats! Keep making us proud.

God bless your hustle cool
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by heatmeup(f): 9:18am On Jul 25, 2014
she is really doing nigeria great
Re: CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow by waja(m): 9:18am On Jul 25, 2014
Treking should be included to enable our Fulani brothers bring back our gold.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ivory Coast Vs Guinea: AFCON 2015 (1 - 1) On 20th January 2015 / 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa / Ex Ivorian Football Star Emmanuel Eboue Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.