Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World (2127 Views)

10 Most Expensive Mobile Phones In The World / This May Be The Most Expensive Phone You Will Ever See **pix** / World’s Most Expensive Mobile Phone That Cost $250,000:pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by kinglarry(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2006
The most expensive mobile phone in the world - costing more than £500,000 - is being made in Austria.

The phone, designed by luxury accessories maker Peter Aloisson, has sections of pure gold as well as 2,950 blue diamonds embedded into the cover. 

Aloisson has for the past few years been taking existing phones and customising them with jewels and precious metals.

"I knew that mobile phones would become part of daily life, and as with all things that are part of daily life, such as watches or tie pins, there should be luxury versions of them," he told CNN.

Aloisson currently produces about three phones per year, depending on orders from his celebrity and wealthy clients, mostly retailing for about £20,000.

The new phone is a special order for a German manufacturer.

"It will feature solid gold parts with an exterior covered with 2,950 natural blue diamonds, some of the rarest jewels on Earth," he said.

Although the phone is being constructed for marketing purposes, it will eventually be sold off.
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by Badman888(m): 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2006
I think the most expensive one at the moment is close to that price or there about, made of platinum, some peeps in lagos have it, thats crazy but you be suprised the functions would be messed up.
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by iice(f): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2006
well the price is all about the presentation and looks and am guessing not so much on functions, but my own dey receive n send txt, it dey call n receive call and i fit play ma games on am thats all i need, tongue
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by Badman888(m): 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2006
iice:

well the price is all about the presentation and looks and am guessing not so much on functions, but my own dey receive n send txt, it dey call n receive call and i fit play ma games on am thats all i need, tongue

Yes ooo thats all u need, some peeps gets phones just to impress
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by iice(f): 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2006
Yeah, i live in a place where ppl r obsessed with electronics, ppl changin fones everyweek no matter the cost jst so they say the got the latest ones, if my fone lost na they only time i go change am lol,
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by lukkie(m): 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2006
nokia actually has a subsidiary based in the UK called VERTU (www.vertu.com) which makes luxury phones. i saw one  - the platinum model - that goes for over $30,000. it has a scratch-resistant screen and can be upgraded with new chips as technology advances. the phones are actually crafted like wristwatches. for instance, each key has jewelled bearings underneath it!

i believe the phones are not practical though. everyone around you would want to steal it. u could lose it too.
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by iice(f): 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2006
lukkie:

i believe the phones are not practical though. everyone around you will want to steal it. u can lose it too.
True that!
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by MissLollie(f): 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2006
The Vertu is a lifestyle phone. It has a porter service that you can ring up 24/7 to ask them to get you something, the materials they use are the same as those found on space shuttles. It's the sort of thing you buy when you have everything else you could possibly need in your life.

If you paid that much money for a phone be sure that you'd have some serious insurance on it. Who cares if it was lost or stolen, heck i'd "lose" mine every few months just to get a new one,

hehe

grin
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by Izzo(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2006
Schweppes. na the same ear and mouth u put for the cheapest phone u go still put for the one wey get all this efizzi? right. So i no really dey ino such thing
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by izoneb(f): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2006
@ izzo u cant de into such thing.Its made 4 a particular kind of people!
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by amodu(m): 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2006
Can you please post the picture and lets see
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by nosa101(f): 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2006
Here it is. And it isn't first one, the first one was out last summer. I saw it in a Jewellery store on oxford street

Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by eunisam: 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2006
Well i see nothing special buying or having the most costly phone. tell me is it not the same hello u say on that most cheapest phone you will say on that?

It a waist  of money buying the most costly phone. If you think you have enough money and you don't know what to spend it on just contact the Red Cross sociaty the will help you spend it.
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by iice(f): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2006
Well it certainly is eye-catching and B-Tiful but i no go fit spend ma money buy am, unless pesin dash me grin grin
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by izoneb(f): 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2006
we all know there are some set of people who have too much money and do funny things nways!
thats y there is a $200 car and a $2000000 one.They all drive on same roads.
wrist watches too say exactly the same time but some cost fortunes so thats life guys!

Don't talk too much cos u might do the same if u were in some shoes!
I know its crazy for sure but some people are!

Why do people pay so much 4 diamonds!
Y fly 1st class ticket when if a plane crashes everyone dies? Sing another song somebody!
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by amodu(m): 11:19am On Nov 24, 2006
Some will not buy it no matter how rich they are.
Re: The Most Expensive Mobile Phone In The World by izoneb(f): 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2006
of course!thats why people r different!
Not everyone is crazy!Said it earlier!

(1) (Reply)

My Yahoomail / How To Get Eligible For Airtel Android 1+1 Plans / See How You Can Verify If Your Itel Smartphone And Battery Are Genuine Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.