Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! (6675 Views)

See The Big Snake That Was Killed For Pepper Soup -- ( Pics) / Detailed Picture Tutorials On How To Cook Snails. / Alomo Bitters Aka Casapreco: Whats The Big Deal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by spikedcylinder: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2008
Cow tongue? shocked shocked shocked

Craaaapppp!!! shocked shocked undecided
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Sammy107d(m): 3:25am On Oct 30, 2008
over here, they are purchasing large amounts of poison 2 eradicate the snail "epidemic". its a pity. u could pick 50 by the road on a damp night! does any1 know how 2 clean snails without alum? cos if its possible, my life will be complete wink
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by AmakaOne(f): 11:43am On Oct 30, 2008
@ Sammy107_d

Use Lime or lemon juice.

I'm sure there's plenty of that in barbados right?
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Sammy107d(m): 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2008
yea sure awesome cheesy tnx
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by ifyalways(f): 1:15am On Nov 05, 2008
cheesy
@all anybody knows any special diet to make snails grow faster/rapid growth feeds for snails? cheesy
Theres this little field at the back of my kitchen with lots of snails and as a snail-lover,i have been watching over them keenly,i try to feed them with cooked food items on daily basis but they dont seem to be growing angry i love my snails big, this ones are not just growing as fast as i want.i want to eat them all b4 Xmass tongue anyone got ideas
cheesy
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Sammy107d(m): 1:52am On Nov 05, 2008
give em unriped pawpaw and pawpaw leaves and see wot d lord can do wink
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by ifyalways(f): 1:55am On Nov 05, 2008
for real?
i wud start Asap.thanks smiley
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by JamaicanQT(f): 2:23am On Nov 05, 2008
SNAILS shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked EWWWWWWWWWWWW DISGUSTING, PUKE!! PUKE!!! PUKE!! SLIMY lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Sammy107d(m): 2:47am On Nov 05, 2008
JamaicanQT:

SNAILS shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked EWWWWWWWWWWWW DISGUSTING, PUKE!! PUKE!!! PUKE!! SLIMY lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i get that a lot ere. they think im crayzee undecided
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by JamaicanQT(f): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2008
are u bajan? i didnt know that they eat snail in barbados undecided
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by omoge(f): 11:37pm On Nov 05, 2008
ify, try to share o when they are big grin grin
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Sammy107d(m): 10:11am On Nov 06, 2008
JamaicanQT:

are u bajan? i didnt know that they eat snail in barbados undecided

no im nigerian. they dont eat snails in bdos.
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Leilah(f): 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2008
Oh I thought they were sea snails! are you serious? they are picked from roadsides??

Dp you just cut them up when they are still alive?
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by DavidDylan(m): 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2008
ifyalways:

cheesy
@all anybody knows any special diet to make snails grow faster/rapid growth feeds for snails? cheesy
Theres this little field at the back of my kitchen with lots of snails and as a snail-lover,i have been watching over them keenly,i try to feed them with cooked food items on daily basis but they don't seem to be growing angry i love my snails big, this ones are not just growing as fast as i want.i want to eat them all before Xmass tongue anyone got ideas
cheesy

they'll never grow beyond that size. Some snails are just meant to be a particular size so stop wasting ur food. grin

I think the snails we eat are the giant snails found in tropical forests.
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by omoge(f): 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2008
So Leilah, all you have been talking about since was sea snail? which one is sea snail? what i know is African giant snail found in the tropics. it is a beautiful animail and lives in tropics.

am pretty sure this giant snails are not found in europe and immigrations does not allow them in maybe. so enlighten us what you bought at the asian store my padi and what you feeding our okonkwo grin
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Leilah(f): 10:00pm On Nov 06, 2008
the one I got was quite similar a huge shell, but when I looked into this they are called whelks (giant sea snails they can be sourced in EU) quite simlar in taste my husband loved them.

I can also find the giant african ones at the local naija foodstore. I havn't bought them yet though. They are always available there. So they are not sea snails? wow, so where are they found? on roadsides? thats a bit dodgy isn't it?

Are they very safe to eat? I have eaten them once and I thought it was ok.
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by omoge(f): 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2008
hehe Leilah smiley

i fell while jubilating over Obama and hit my shoulder. i went to the PT and after doing lots of test her remarks, girl, you are so strong smiley i laughed. i have a super muscle hehe.

see i eat snails and am not dead yet. just so you know, they are safer than mad cow
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2008
Frog is much better shocked grin cool grin
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Leilah(f): 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2008
Yeah they probably are come to think of it. They are feeding animals all sorts of crap over here to pump them up. The meat in the west is becoming so flavourless. I reckon those snails are fat free??
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by tpia: 1:18am On Nov 08, 2008
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by omoge(f): 1:53am On Nov 08, 2008
i heard they don't have fats.
a really good meat. i'd prefer snails to any other meats anyday.
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by DisGuy: 10:45am On Nov 08, 2008
Leilah:

Oh I thought they were sea snails! are you serious? they are picked from roadsides??

Dp you just cut them up when they are still alive?

D'uuuuh just because sammy wants to pick some snails from the road side (bushy areas) in Barbados don't mean the
ones they sell at the African stores are 'just' picked from the road side, they are from snail farms

Ify- some snails are tiny, they'll never grow past 5cms tongue
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by IsiomaIgwe(f): 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2008
sea snails here in my neck of the woods. they are quite tasty
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Leilah(f): 8:49pm On Dec 19, 2008
Thats interesting.
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Hauwa1: 2:51am On Dec 20, 2008
i can see Leilah farming snails to cook for hubby cheesy
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Frizy(m): 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
Just throw them in hot water, and get ready to take them out of the shell. smiley
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by MadMax1(f): 2:11pm On Dec 31, 2008
Hai! This thread.My sides o. grin
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by TOYOSI20(f): 12:52am On Jan 02, 2009
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

Reminds me of "the Lobsters fighting in the pot too" lipsrsealed
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by nanidee(f): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
Mad_Max:

Hai! This thread.My sides o. grin

I bet you you have not laughed as much as i have, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ifyalways:

cheesy
Theres this little field at the back of my kitchen with lots of snails and as a snail-lover,i have been watching over them keenly,i try to feed them with cooked food items on daily basis but they dont seem to be growing angry i love my snails big, this ones are not just growing as fast as i want.i want to eat them all b4 Xmass tongue anyone got ideas
cheesy

lol, pls where are you o, i'll love to visit you for xmas, ehm, just visiting wink wink
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by jovi: 12:02am On Dec 23, 2010
pls for those of ou that are experts in the snail biz, twice now after washing my snails with alum and cooking, they have been bitter/have a bitter taste, what could be the cause of this?, or could it be that the person i sent to buy was given dead snails??, (this wasnt happening b4)
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Freesia(f): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2010
lol This reminds me of when I visited one of my close friends and she asked me if she can cook the snail for me.I nearly ran out of the house due to shock.I later found out they are expensive and she just wanted to treat me to something nice.I felt really bad to have offended her by refusing
Re: Help! The Big Snails Are Moving In The Bag! by Nebulae: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2010
I no fit laff!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink

*Gasp*

Oh. . . embarassed embarassed embarassed

Snails are meant to be alive before they are prepared. If you're brave enough, crack the shells while they're alive or you put them all (shells and all) into boiling water and wait until they come out of their shells. remove entrails and clean the slime thoroughly with lime or alum. . .

There you go. . .

Oh, lest I forget. . .

ALWAYS CHECK TO SEE IF THE SNAILS ARE ALIVE O!

Much love.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caterers/cooks/chefs Needed / Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp / Health, Skin, Hair & Cooking Benefits Of UNREFINED SEA SALT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.